What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggested Experiment: Results of Trimming Fan Leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Maybe leave the entrance open ended for 90 days, or 60, or whatever. Just close entrants after a set date?

papaduc

Veteran
I'm not saying I can't squeeze in. I think I might be able to. If I take clones in the next week or two, root them in about 7-10 days, veg 3-4 weeks, flower for 8-10.. that might get me in in time. It's not out of the question. I think if you extend it by a couple of weeks I should definitely be able to take part.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree that people might find out something i feel i already know. But who knows, for sure? I know MY results. However ive changed my techniques a lot over the years and ive seen many progressions from them all. Im not going to say nobody needs to try this, i think, personally, that any experiment people put together could have factors that skew the experiments and make them invalid. I also think defoliation is a huge benefit indoors if done correctly. But thats what i think. Im only chiming in here to try to add my opinion as to how this experiment could be closer to real validity. I hope if someone does this expermient they choose to do hydro, with two lights. If both lights could be fed from the same resivoir that would be IDEAL. I hope they use the same amount of plants per light, all same strain, all topped and trained in veg the same way at the same exact time. Identical lighting(bulbs, bulb age, hoods, distance etc), identical air movement, identical everything possible, besides the one light that gets defoliated. It would be truly awesome if somehow these two lights were on opposite sides of a large room where the other lights were off so no reflection into one another or from other lighting could be a factor. I know when all my lights are on EVERYTHING does better. These are some of the things that make it so hard for this to work. I admire anyones efforts here.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Again, I am sorry that some posts have been removed from this thread. We are trying to discuss the parameters for an experiment... not discuss whether or not it can be done or to pre-judge the experiment because it was tried before and the results weren't what they expected...or disappointing.

THIS IS NOT CENSORSHIP... I don't care if you want to discuss those aspects, just start a different thread for that! I won't even bother to moderate it unless someone complains... Go start another thread to talk about that!

This thread will be closed as soon as the contest starts, a new thread for the experiment and to report your results will be created at that time.

Regarding the time frame, I think it could be run at any time, and if completed by anyone within the next calendar year will get a prize from ICMag... and the results will get written up in a future eMagazine.

Last edited:

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Thank you for your comment Sativa Dragon... I'm going to leave that one for posterity!

:)

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Good to see this coming to fruition. I like the idea of using whatever defo technique as long as we are all very clear on those techniques. And I mean every time we post a progress report. Like... Plant #1 - defo tech - blah, blah, blah... and so on for each plant.

Does anyone think theres some importance to taking the cuts from roughly the same height on the momma? Ie. Taking all from the top or bottom as opposed to a mix of heights.

EDIT: How soon can we cut? I can do it any time in the next 10 days or after the new year.

Last edited:

papaduc

Veteran
Regarding the time frame, I think it could be run at any time, and if completed by anyone within the next calendar year will get a prize from ICMag... and the results will get written up in a future eMagazine.

:tiphat:

Sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.