What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

med-man method - seed popping

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am anit peat puck

as most have read here, but it does not mean they dont work

i just dont like to hear about bad germ rates etc if my advice is not followed

enjoy!

med-man

I'm not talking about the little peat pellets, I use the peat cups. I will try half your way and do half mine! Last time I had 100% germination rates using the method that I have been using for some time but I respect the passion that you have for your beans!

I have just purchased a pack of beneficial bacteria that they sell for the agricultural industry as one of the compatible crops listed was hemp plus it has all of the goodies. We get short changed because of what we grow and we end up convinced that only the brand of liquid/powder/whatever from a hydroponic store will work in our grow rooms. I have started to source what I can from alternative sources saving me some big bucks in the long run. Like the Fulvic Acid and Humic Acid, I can buy that in the form of a liquid bottle called Earth Juice or I can buy agricultural grade Fulvic Acid by the big bottle and soluble Humic Acid and I have 100's of times the amount.
I lost my point, I have it again! The beneficial bacteria that I bought can be used as a seed inoculant with the directions being to spray the seed and coat it with this powder. I will let you know how it goes.
Just a question while I am in the forum, does Purple Pain Killer stink heaps? I have a carbon scrubber. Also, the Rockstar Kush, Painkiller, and west coast sour diesel? Much obliged, if you could let me know. I noticed that some of your strains were listed as being too strong in smell for the carbon scrubber. Thanks.

Thanks for the extra seeds cool shit, should have some pics and reports soon.first ill run the wcsd and silver surfer. I cant germinate worth shit without a heatpad and coco pellets so ill stick to that, but im one to see instruction remember 2-3 steps and macguiver the rest

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya guys

dont fix it if it aint broke right? :)

med-man

Beneficial Bacteria as a seed Innoculant...........

Beneficial Bacteria as a seed Innoculant...........

Hi guys, I bought a packet of beneficial bacteria that has everything in it, from an agricultural source. It mentions that it can be used as a seed inoculant. I have looked on the internet and the only reference to this product that I can find mentions that by using it the seedlings are much stronger from the start. I will be trying it out on my next grow, it sounds interesting. You just spray the seed with water and roll it in the powder (the bacteria/fungi). I bought 200 grams of this stuff called Mycogold for $40 including delivery and it actually looks like it has everything that other well known brands have. As beneficial bacteria already plays a central role in my system this seems like it should be a natural progression. I will keep everybody updated as to the effectiveness of this, as a concept. Seed innoculants are not often used anymore so I will do some side by side comparisons. I hope everybody is having a good day/night! Inspection for me is in 10 days and then, 'BOOM!', it's time to do what I do best! Popping some beans next week, my stash is running slightly low~ Smoking Seedsman's WW right now with some Sweet Kush BHO and some nice kief throughout.
Have a good day/night, ALL.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey trading beans

h202 murders bennies in price, results and practicality

med-man

Can you please elaborate.................

Can you please elaborate.................

Med-Man,

I appreciate your method. I would have to change my whole set-up to even start using H2O2, bro. I am moving into organic territory at the moment.
From my understanding using hydrogen peroxide would kill my good bacteria. I still have a living worm farm in my pots at the end.
Last crop I found diatomite and DE earth (same stuff, different sizes, you know), silicate amendments and soforth.
The biggest change that I will make this crop will be a SCROG net, that looks like it will add to my yield size.
It's funny, this began as a synthetic grow and now all but the base nutrient is organic!
Summer here scares me, for my women locked in the hot house anyway! The temps hit 45 degrees Celsius in there! Poor girls.

One day I will do some side by side. For me, I feel my medicine tastes nicer when using as much organic as possible.
Would anyone have a recommendation for a base nutrient in my line up? I have been using H & G COCOS and have been pulling a decent yield. I feel that I am not pulling the quality that is possible. Any suggestions will be welcomed!

Light?

Light?

- fill the bottom of a beer cup with 100ml plain water

- drop in the beans

- saturate for 48 hours

- allows tap root to really suck in some water to charge up the rest of the embryo

- this also makes sure you find the most vigorus specimens, as typically the longer the tap root, the faster it germed (law of 4)

this will guarantee complete saturation of the seeds, and soften up the shells to prevent abnormal popping, sprouting and or potential suffocation while trying to shed its pod

med-man
Med-Man, do you do this in light or in the dark? I just popped three beans in 100ml's of water and I am going to put it in the cupboard, I guess. The roots shouldn't get light, I don't think?
I popped 2 into cups with a really good worm castings coco/diatomite organic blend and one into a small pot with seed coated in the seed inoculant so I will see how it all goes.
I am always keen to learn something new.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey trading beanz

i put them on top the fridge, so its light during the day, then dark at night when i go to bed, its okay if tap roots are exposed to light

i call them "leader roots" and they are composed of different tissue then feeder and breather roots :)

med-man

Ahh, okay, that is handy to know, I have always kept my tap-roots "protected" from the light too! Always good to learn. I have popped 3 Hindu Kush seeds in some water, 2 into cup pots and one straight into a decent sized pot so I will see how that goes.
I am starting to see that I could be limiting myself quite a bit by "saving" so many beans by only planting exactly what I need. As I always have a fair few I am going to start popping a decent amount each grow. I have been relying on fem. seeds and they get the job done but they are pricey and for some reason I never end up cloning when it comes to fems. It is a pre-package like everything else in this world, and more expensive for it when the old ways are still the best.

12trinity

Hey med man
Thanks for the germinating method . I have quick question when you stated 100ml of plain water. Do you mean tap water or h202? Thanks

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey 12 trinity

water = h20
hydrogen peroxide = h202

hope that helps

med-man

I have an 8 stage Hexagon water purifier, absolute gold, I bought it for ten dollars from someone who said that they could not "install it" and it's a portable unit, go figure! Install it! I guess some people aren't handy enough to work a tap end out (laughs out aloud).
It made a huge difference, highly noticeable. It is a good unit as it does not remove the calcium like some purifiers as the calcium is good for us, and plants I would think. The plants certainly agree!
I popped some straight into that so I hope the lack of H202 doesn't change anything.
Any thoughts?

Coconutz

Veteran
Im not taking advice from someone who cant even germ in a rapid rooter.
Homie, you keep them moist with a heatmat under them set to 80 and they sprout before you have even taken them outta your 48hr water soak
peace the fuckout

phatpharmer

Homie, you keep them moist with a heatmat under them set to 80 and they sprout before you have even taken them outta your 48hr water soak
peace the fuckout

Im sure med-man could care less if you take his advice lmao I don't understand peeps like you who have nothing better to do with your time than troll around if you don't want his advice don't take it just move on why you have to post such negative comments is beyond me your just show your immaturity lol Good luck bud:tiphat:

phatpharmer:tiphat:

Coconutz

Veteran
6/10 people felt the same way as me... I just dont have enough posts to vote yet.
The best way to speed up germ rates is a heating pad. I didnt see that mentioned anywhere in the thread... Just thought Id drop some wisdom up in this biatch.
Anyway I get fat furry roots right out of the rooter as long as its warm. When its cold it can take several days longer.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont like my medium drying up to fast, and once you get up to speed with me, you will also realize i dont use domes

if you want to spend your cash on high end products go ahead, its just not the med-man method

i would like to see some pics of you popping 420 beans at a time with your method

i think you also missed the point of my post. it wasnt directed to you, but to anyone who wants to complain about germ rates not following my advice

no grow space or grower is the same. every method is subject to time, space and money subject to the grower themselves

med-man

For real, dude???

For real, dude???

Sweet Kush by Original Sensible is a bloody nice smoke! Just smoked the last of it too! I will grow her again one day for sure.
peace the fuckout
Yo homie, I think you missed the point of this thread. For starters I have not seen any mention about faster germination, just Med-Man sharing his insights into getting the most out of his seeds.
I think, and please someone correct me if I am wrong, that his seeds are guaranteed if you use his method. In his first post in this thread he says that it is his bad if you use his method and get more males or hermies and as the honourable dude that he has shown himself to be I am pretty sure he would replace the beans.
Med-Man has so many people who jump onto his threads and give him grief over the most random things that are nothing to do with his threads. They are, from observation, people venting about their pet peeves and somehow blaming Med-Man, which I find very strange.
Anyway, I would suggest you buy some of his stuff, use the method and then you will be more qualified to comment on the methods and will not just come across as arrogant and rude.
As a new guy to the forum I would be a bit more polite in expressing my point of view and I am new and I employ this. Better to say nothing sometimes if you don't have something positive to contribute.
I popped six beans, three days ago using Med-Man's method and my method which I have advanced.
I use plastic cups and sometimes eight inch pots to germinate seed. The seeds are Pure Kush, fems by Original Sensible, a pure Indica Hindu Kush strain. Three seeds went into purified water as per the Med-Man method without the H202, as I do not have any. Recently I purchased a beneficial bacteria through the agricultural sector for a bargain price, 200 grams for $40 with delivery down under. It is called MycoGold and appears to have all of the same bacteria/fungi as Pirhana by AN. This is a product available down under. Also I just found out that Advanced Nutrients has an agricultural line, an interesting discovery! I cannot wait to receive the 5 litre bottle of humic acid/kelp and a lifter, a carbon based organic product which I won!
Anyway I used the MycoGold in two ways, as a seed inoculant, wetting the seed, coating it in the powder and planting it. For The other two seeds that I planted I watered some Mycogold into the cups. Interestingly the seed that had was inoculated with MycoGold showed its head first but the three in the Med-Man method have only been in the cups for 24 hours so I guess we will see.
I am trying his method on half of mine and my method on the others.
And 6 out of 10, honestly! I am intrigued to know how many people you have asked! Or did you read that on one poll?
I do not know anyone who uses heat mats for germinating seeds, clones for sure but seeds don't need that heat to germinate. Once the seedling has sprouted, however that is where your $200 cloning box can be handy. Of course you could invest in a good heat mat system and you will achieve the same end with a storage container, mine cost me $6.
Peace dude. I hope you find a way to enjoy the many benefits that this forum has to offer.
Med-man is cool, he teaches people to be completely self sufficient on the cheap if you are willing to put in the work. He is a selfless character, giving some of the best all around advice not just pertaining to weed either.
Have you tried the method yourself, homeboy? I have read some of Med-mans methods and I had to begin combining them into my system immediately as the man definitely knows his stuff. I am not new to all of this either, I was reading Ed Rosenthal's books 25 years ago. Have a look at his plants! You will definitely be impressed.
Peace homeboy!

Latest posts

Latest posts