What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Forever Grateful LAB - Rhode Island...

Mt Toker

I wish I could edit my posts so I didn't double post like this. Can you go into the math you used to calculate the spectrum ect for the LED lights? And have you looked into the LEP lighting by Luxim?

Lyle1231

LED

LED

Well - you would have to know flux integration to complete the area under the surface of light distribution.

From there you do a unitless calculation in order to derive the actual close percentage... Obviously you cant hit all along the curve, you only have a select amount of nm say a 454-467nm blue and then another 6 including UV/IR so there is a gap but I hit peaks on the spectrum, and also matched the percentage needed according to the chart in the Bible.

Anyways I have not tried nor will be trying that brand unless someone gave me a test one.

I spend over $2000 from the advanced LED company and tested in the allowable time. However, since they took 3 to 4 weeks to shop my product they started from the purchase date and not arrival date. The yield and quality was pathetic and bleached out chlorophyll on many of the top flowers. I tried to send back they wanted large stocking return fee that was not discolsed on the phone with me and would not help me out... Whatever - So yea I am not sure about any other brand... Most companies buy a spectrum from china and throw it in... I did MATH and research. I can hands down say that any LED i have tried or seen in another grow out here has not compared to what mine is doing for me here... I have 2 advancedleds just sitting under my bed - They are for sale! LMAO

Anyhow you will be able to see yield total per plant and I will take it to see how it compares to the HID lighting per plant. I am also going to have a local testing facility test my flowers. I will have the LED tested in a few diff areas on plant and take average and compare to the same on the HPS plants...

Mt Toker

I realized that you made your LED's to your specifications, its a big reason why I'm so interested in this thread. Those LEP's are super pricey at about $1200 a fixture. Everything looks extremely healthy, can't wait to see the final weight.

J.A.G.

ICMag Donor
Let me first say its good to hear you're healthy enough to grow again, I know what its like to not be able to.
Thanks for posting all the pics, looking great.
Here's a question: What's the difference between the particular cut of ecsd you have and "Soma's" cut?
(I was once given an amazing specimen that was said to be Somas cut, and from reading on here at the time, probably was or close to it)

Lyle1231

This cut was bred here in RI pre 99... It is the chem that made its ways out from phish tour with a Western Massachusetts Skunk strain.. Its a providence stain like many others! I dont know what SOMA has... Id be happy to test anybodies seeds... I have seen a lot of sours in this state that dont have the same lemon sour fruit diesel as this one though... :)

Lyle1231

Happy FouR Twenty!

Happy FouR Twenty!

Day 51

Took a few lower small pieces down early Day 46 to taste for today. SUPER FROSTY AND STINKY -

Random Pics - Still 2 weeks or so! Next will be low ferts and regular carbs... Then plain water and carbs...

Have a wonderful and festive day!

J.A.G.

ICMag Donor
This cut was bred here in RI pre 99... It is the chem that made its ways out from phish tour with a Western Massachusetts Skunk strain.. Its a providence stain like many others! I dont know what SOMA has... Id be happy to test anybodies seeds... I have seen a lot of sours in this state that dont have the same lemon sour fruit diesel as this one though... :)
Aha, I see, more collateral damage from hippy music tours. Sounds and looks terrible:biggrin:
Thanks for the answer, (really just asked cause it seems like no one is posting up in your thread even though you're consistently posting pics.)
Hey, just got another, why the trimming leaf tips?

:smoke out:
Be safe:ying:

Lyle1231

Yea nobody replies when things go well! Leaf tips are cut to allow more light through to lower canopy. They serve no point as there are so many other "solar panels" including the actual flower on the plant. You will get a 10% increase in yield and tighter bottom flowers... Yea 170 phish shows - I have seen FIRE all over the country for a long time! I will prob have only a week left on these they are calyxing out nicely and some hairs are turning orange by the hour. Monday will be only water and my kosher carbs...

Lyle1231

Anybody out there reading this thread have the thin mint style GSC and want to help me out please message me! Thank you!

Lyle1231

A few of the plants are ripening very fast. I picked last grow with this strain at 60 days 12/12 and loved the medicinal results. I planted them on the full moon in Feb and will at least take a few down on the 25th this month... I only do a few at a time. I have a high carb and low fert mix in there now. I will dump out half of the water on 24th and fill back with fresh water and add more carbs. The piece I took down burned white and was tasty as early as she was not cured... I will show photos cut hanging and will log the dry amount only. I hate watching people log wet leafs vs wet flower when Its not even dried or trimmed fully... Cant get results from that... I am assuming a range from 2-6 per bucket... The LEDS are not as bulky as the HPS, however the yield seems to be comparable and seem to be ripening early and have an insane aroma! All trichomes are milky white with a few clear left and a random amber here and there. I like to pick them when a few more ambers appear but NOT too many! I like my medicine more psychoactive and not SLEEPY!

Lyle1231

It is an original home bred pre99 - Not all these new seed B.S. This has been a sort out cut in my Providence Family for years... It was a western mass skunk crossed by the chem brought back on phish tour... Not sure what else other have or claim to be but this is the real sour stanky take you to the moon flower...

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Nice man badass you got the original cut. I been running that one for years as well and it remains one of my favorites. We usually refer to the original sour clone as east coast sour diesel.

Lyle1231

Yea I may get this tested, but not sure cause I want to do a scientific test in days and where picked and days cured etc... Not just a number based on a "base model" they purchased for the mass spec. If I can work a deal out maybe if not - I know its over 20% and I pick it earlyish so it goes to the dome not the body - I hate sleepy meds. I sleep no trouble. I so love the psychoactive. You will see more pics soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts