What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AN PH Perfect experiences?

blackone

Veteran
I have tried the PH Perfect three part (grow, bloom, micro) and everything seems to work very very well in veg in a simple dwc setup - no problems even without testing PH as promised, and sweet growth rates. Never got around to flowering out the clones but that's another story... Anyway I got new clones and they're showing roots so soon I'm gonna have to let them kick off.
Does anybody have experience with the combo in flower?

It is impossible to start a thread on a public forum about AN nutrients and get accurate data.....to many haters out there and for good reason. I think the saying goes "You must lie in the bed you make"???

Unfortunately, there marketing tactics have backfired, and the "gimmick" products are being exposed for what they really are....a marketing gimmick. You can usually spot these products easily.....just look for outrageous claims and cartoon labels.....

Anyhow AN deserves every bit of hate they get.....

We did test the PH perfect 2 part sensi bloom line. The line has questionable ingredients for starters that really do not belong in a hydroponic system....it held the ph steady for about 7 days, but so did the other brands tested. In fact two of the brands tested held the ph longer than the PH perfect nutrients.

It also almost destroyed one of our UC systems.....after testing the line in the system for ONE complete grow cycle ...I have never seen so much GUNK that the formula left behind in the pipes and pumps....as this is happening even with weekly tank changes!! We ended up tossing the system as we could not take the chance to put that system back online only to have severe bacteria outbreaks and constant problems by some gunk hiding in a crevice somewhere.....the formula is for sure not made for hydroponics using water culture..that is for sure!

AN does not even make the ph perfect component that is in there formula. Another "chemical" company makes the component for AN. The first company they contracted to make this ph stable component ended up backing out of the deal as they found out they did not want to do business with AN. That is what caused the delay in getting the PH Perfect line to the markets. AN was finally able to find another chemical company to make the stabilizing component for them. The actual "component" that was made and used in the formula is a secret......

Anyhow testing shows that PH Perfect sensi line is not the best product for water culture nor is it really made for hydroponics. They still use UREA which is mammal piss in all there formulas......they use the CHEAPEST source materials and then claim they use the BEST! Lie after lie after lie.....

I for one would NEVER waste money on a gimmick product from AN.....we tested there products over a 2 year period.....the cost and complications that arise from needing so many different bottles is not worth the money or the trouble. They separate the products out so you have to buy all the bottles to get complete nutrients for your plants. Marketing strategy...

I have been in hydroponics for over 28 years now and even have ran consultation services....I have NEVER ONCE come across a professional grow op that uses AN....when I made the mistake of asking once I was laughed out of the room! That is a 100% true story!!

Pro's do NOT use these gimmick cartooned labeled products.....

I seriously doubt AN will even be in business in the next 5 years......this charade that they are running will soon come to an end as more and more growers learn about plant biology and plant nutrition.....The more you learn about plant nutrients, the more of a "gimmick" you begin to see in there product line. Also all the dirty business tactics and strong arming is also catching up to them......you cant go around burning every bridge you cross...and screwing people over without it one day catching back up to you and biting you in the ass.

T

TREE KING

wow you sound like a straight hater BioMaster. you said "Another "chemical" company makes the component for AN. The first company they contracted to make this ph stable component ended up backing out of the deal as they found out they did not want to do business with AN"

please post a link that states this?

you also said "the cost and complications that arise from needing so many different bottles is not worth the money or the trouble"

no one said you have to use all those bottles. all you need is there nutes to have healthy plants. im sick of people making statements like that its misleading.

il be waiting for that link thanks

presure2

I used sensi bloom a&b ph perfect, with the hobbiest bundle, in 5gal bubble buckets, ph was stable thruout the grow, and I had good results. I'm currently experimenting with organics, but if I for back to hydro I will use them again.

The PH perfect line is amazing i never check my ph dont have to plants are happy as hell i use to use Kiss but fuk that this blows it out the water!!

blackone

Veteran
LOL.

This thread is funny. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:
Yeah man - so much noise whenever the subject of AN comes up:) I would never work with any nute line requiring me to buy 5+ different products just to keep the plants alive. If these base nutrients won't cut it in hydro without managing PH then they're gone because even though they're not very expensive there are cheaper options out there (Like GHE tripack) that have been working reliably for friends. So far I've been handwatering half strength g+m+b in 11cm pots with diatomite. Everything looks ok.

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran
AN's 'pH perfect' line isn't necessarily pH-stable, it's just that they've chelated all the elements to be available at a wider pH range. So in theory if your pH is 5.5 or close to 7, the elements should still be available to your plants. So what if your pH is at 6.5 in hydro and you're using one of their boosters which isn't chelated like their pH-perfect bases are? I'm pretty sure that booster is now useless.

IMO, pH perfect is pointless for soil/coco/promix grows as only beginners have pH issues in those mediums. There are also other companies who don't charge a small fortune for their product and already make pH-stable hydroponic plant foods.

T

TREE KING

AN's 'pH perfect' line isn't necessarily pH-stable, it's just that they've chelated all the elements to be available at a wider pH range. So in theory if your pH is 5.5 or close to 7, the elements should still be available to your plants. So what if your pH is at 6.5 in hydro and you're using one of their boosters which isn't chelated like their pH-perfect bases are? I'm pretty sure that booster is now useless.

IMO, pH perfect is pointless for soil/coco/promix grows as only beginners have pH issues in those mediums. There are also other companies who don't charge a small fortune for their product and already make pH-stable hydroponic plant foods.

i just got off the phone with a store that sells mostly AN and he told me what you said isnt true. he said it keeps your ph at like 5.7-6.0. he said when the ph is too low then it activates something in the nutes that changes the ph and corrects it and so on if its too high. im receiving my ph perfect in the mail tomorrow il let you guys know how it turns out

Homebrewer

Veteran
i just got off the phone with a store that sells mostly AN and he told me what you said isnt true. he said it keeps your ph at like 5.7-6.0. he said when the ph is too low then it activates something in the nutes that changes the ph and corrects it and so on if its too high. im receiving my ph perfect in the mail tomorrow il let you guys know how it turns out

Hydro store employees are an awful place to get information. Call AN directly OR read the back of your bottles for more accurate information.

EDIT: Email this page to the moron working at your local hydro store:

http://www.advancednutrients.com/hydroponics/products/sensi_bloom/sensi_bloom_faq_nutrient_facts.php

joe guy

idk

idk

I'm not sure I went with the cheapest nute I could find and advanced jungle juice micro and bloom is all I used with ffof and no ph ec tds meters of any sort and I think my first run came out more potent than my whole line of GO in ffof I've sence switched to 50/50 to 70/30 ffof to canna cocco and thinkin of switchn the line up to roots syn.. player pack I'm getttn close to flippn the to the 12 but still lil short from what I read...

T

TREE KING

Hydro store employees are an awful place to get information. Call AN directly OR read the back of your bottles for more accurate information.

EDIT: Email this page to the moron working at your local hydro store:

http://www.advancednutrients.com/hydroponics/products/sensi_bloom/sensi_bloom_faq_nutrient_facts.php

"However, these scientists discovered how to completely eliminate pH checking forever with their proprietary "pH Perfect®" technology. In short, as long as your water falls between 4.5 and 8.5 pH (which is pretty much everyone's water)-this technology adjusts your pH for you and keeps it buffered there throughout your plants' bloom cycle."
http://www.advancednutrients.com/hy...nsi_bloom/sensi_bloom_product_information.php

you got a link to back up what you said? this is the only info i could find and it sounds like it backs up what i said. cant wait to test this out myself. guys whos ever using this could you please tell us what your ph is before and after you add nutes to your water?

Homebrewer

Veteran
"However, these scientists discovered how to completely eliminate pH checking forever with their proprietary "pH Perfect®" technology. In short, as long as your water falls between 4.5 and 8.5 pH (which is pretty much everyone's water)-this technology adjusts your pH for you and keeps it buffered there throughout your plants' bloom cycle."
http://www.advancednutrients.com/hy...nsi_bloom/sensi_bloom_product_information.php

you got a link to back up what you said?

You quoted my link :rolleyes:. Read the label.

Homebrewer

Veteran
i dont know what the hell your talkin about. whatever forget it im about to be using it

Tree, we're here to help people like you so what don't you understand? Do you not know how to click on the link that I posted? I assume you know how to read, is the info on the labels over your head? You do know what a chelate is and why some elements are always chelated, right?

joe guy

AN were the cheapest nutes you could find?

Yes the jungle juice bloom was only 7.50 for the 1L/1qt and the micro was a bit more spendy it was a whopping 9.56 for the same size so yeh for a base under 20 bucks yeh I belive it was pretty cheap...
2012-08-11 08.47.34.jpg

2012-08-11 08.47.23.jpg

presure2

When I use ph perfect sensi bloom a/b, I start with RO water with a ph normally between 7.9 and 8.4 or a little higher.
With as little as 1/4th the recommended application rate, the ph goes to between 5.58-5.62.
I start with just under 3gal of water,(using the DWC method in 5gal bubble buckets) and over the course of a week, I just add back plain RO water, no ph adjustment needed.
What I did notice while using it, was that each strain had its own "sweet spot" that the ph would settle at, and stay that way for the rest of the week. For instance:
I grew 3 diffrent plants, all using the same exact stuff.
After several hrs, the ph would settle in to a diffrent # in each bucket, and would stay that way the rest of the week, regardless of how much water I added back during the week, ect.
In one bucket in particular (it was syrup from buddah seeds), once I got into flowering, the ph would settle in as high as 6.23 after say 24hrs. I was freaked out at first, being a noob at the time, and tried adjusting it down with gh ph down, with no effect, so I emptied the bucket, cleaned it out, and started with fresh nutes, thinking I screwed up some how. Turned out, 24hrs later, the ph was right back up over 6.2, but the plants looked great and were growing well, so I just decided to let it ride. I ended up with just about 3oz dry off that one plant (it was an autoflowering plant).
The other 2 plants exibited the same thing, just @ lower ph #s.
Iirc, one bucket with a white dwarf auto from buddah seeds liked to be right about 5.9, and the other had a quasar from buddah, and like to be right about 6.03-6.05.
Like I said earlier, I had good results with them, and if I were to go back to hydro, ill use them again.

T

TREE KING

When I use ph perfect sensi bloom a/b, I start with RO water with a ph normally between 7.9 and 8.4 or a little higher.
With as little as 1/4th the recommended application rate, the ph goes to between 5.58-5.62.
I start with just under 3gal of water,(using the DWC method in 5gal bubble buckets) and over the course of a week, I just add back plain RO water, no ph adjustment needed.
What I did notice while using it, was that each strain had its own "sweet spot" that the ph would settle at, and stay that way for the rest of the week. For instance:
I grew 3 diffrent plants, all using the same exact stuff.
After several hrs, the ph would settle in to a diffrent # in each bucket, and would stay that way the rest of the week, regardless of how much water I added back during the week, ect.
In one bucket in particular (it was syrup from buddah seeds), once I got into flowering, the ph would settle in as high as 6.23 after say 24hrs. I was freaked out at first, being a noob at the time, and tried adjusting it down with gh ph down, with no effect, so I emptied the bucket, cleaned it out, and started with fresh nutes, thinking I screwed up some how. Turned out, 24hrs later, the ph was right back up over 6.2, but the plants looked great and were growing well, so I just decided to let it ride. I ended up with just about 3oz dry off that one plant (it was an autoflowering plant).
The other 2 plants exibited the same thing, just @ lower ph #s.
Iirc, one bucket with a white dwarf auto from buddah seeds liked to be right about 5.9, and the other had a quasar from buddah, and like to be right about 6.03-6.05.
Like I said earlier, I had good results with them, and if I were to go back to hydro, ill use them again.

nice thats good to know thanks for posting your experience with the ph perfect. just received my php sensi in the mail yesterday cant wait to start using it tomorrow