What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any folks in new mexico in here???????

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
my ladie grew up in los cruses(its probly not spelled like that) and i was woundering if theres any local strains out there? or if theres any folks on icmag out there?????????????????:thank you:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only local strain i know if is called mesilla valley madness,outdoor plant though,been a while since i saw any madness...

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
sup sorry guys didnt see you post sumthin back. that mesilla sounds quite intresting. na you guys arnt to far behind. just gotta collect ,collect,collect. maybe i can get you guys a lil more up to speed............. shoot me a pm NM.

C

chase

I lived in cruces $ 200 lbs:) Not so bad , a joint could stone three.

Bruja64

Sure isn't like that in Albuquerque! Sorry Los Cruces has crappy cannabis. Pretty good stuff up North.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
A friend of mine grew what was described as an heirloom East Montains strain (which if you aren't from the 505 means the side of the Sandias away from ABQ). It has been supposedly kept for at least 20 years.
They have a shorter season up there than we do in ABQ, and also she picked it early. I have a jar of it, and it is not very distinctive in smell, taste or effect- pleasantly sweet is about the only discription I have for it.

I hope to get a cutting or 2 and do it justice this Summer- I figure if people have been growing it that long it must have something to recommend it.

Several years ago-actually the last time I ever paid for weed- I bought a bag of outdoor "Thai" that was grown in Taos. Obviously was a hybrid- no way you could mature Thai up there, but it definitely seemed Thai-like: lemony green tea flavor and a happy high.
I found two seeds in that bag and grew them. Out of that grow, there must have been some male flowers I didnt notice, because I found one seed in the harvest ( and was not growing anything else at the time)
So last summer I found a vial with that one seed in it, labelled "2005 Thai". I'd already started several plants by that time, but thought "there's always room for one more". Turned out awesome- I let it go much longer that I had before, and though the buds were a bit leafy and fluffy, they were still pretty great and starting to foxtail when I harvested. I pollinated one branch with DGS Sweetest Cindy99, so now have a jar of seeds.

So thats the start of my own sort-of NM Heirloom strain!

C

cvk

There is real road kill skunk one hitter quitter all day everyday for the past 30 yrs that I can remember.

Greenhand46

Yup, Im from the North east part of NM. A little hard to find mj, but you can find some pretty good strains here and there. Hopefully NM will take the same steps as CO and finish up what they left hanging last legislature.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was a Med Cann patient for 2 yrs before moving to Colorado. I quickly realized the strains too expensive and didn't measure up (compared to grams sampled in Amsterdam and other Nederland locales). And the obstacles of Dept. of Health re-issuing cards...ridiculous.

Used a dispensary no where near SF/ABQ. OK, but by the time you added delivery charge, ca-CHING!

So, I GYO, as I had done for a l-o-n-g time...decades. Found some wild ruderalis in the San Juans and slowly developing an autoflower. That's the way to go folks. Grow meds yourself. Perpetual harvests taking 60-90 days to finish. Hybridized my own strains to help with the pain/depression factor.

And make my own arthritis salves, tinctures. Medibles are good, too. Heat up nutella and ground bud/kief, spread on graham cracker like s'more.

Going to try making oil next spring working with low thc/high cbd, but enjoy the different tastes/effects of autos. :tiphat: