What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"unsalted" peanut shells.....

insane strain

i remember as a kid, my dad putting peanut shells in with the "compost", claiming they had some sort of nutritional value to plants in general.... i wanted to crush and mix some in w/ the bag of potting soil i will be using for my next "grow" ! by the time i use the mixture, i expect the shells will have deteriorated into the soil, adding whatever "nutrients" they might contain.... i just want to know if it will do harm to my plants !!! i would appreciate any type of response... =-) =op sincerely yours, "insane strain" :blowbubbles:
P.S. thank you.....:tiphat:

C

cyberwax

Peanut shells have a carbon to nitrogen ratio of 35:1 thats why they are used as addon in a compost, but make sure to compost them well as uncomposted peanut shells can carry molds.