What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

More Big Money plans to invade the Emerald Triangle

This is like the owner of a speakeasy complaining that prohibition is ending. Legalization will be great for consumers but it'll make life harder for producers.

patches

They better watch out who they piss off, check out the police blotters for humboldt area, its inhabitants nourish the soil with blood day to day already.

"A deputy arrived at the residence and reportedly saw Wyatt on the couch with Powell's body, which was covered in blood and had most of its face removed. A large incision in the chest could be seen, and other unspecified body parts had been removed. An eyeball was resting in the middle of the room, according to the statement. Wyatt allegedly told the deputy that he'd cut Powell's heart out and thrown it into the fire.
Powell's death certificate reads that he died from having his heart removed while he was still alive, causing him to bleed to death. It also lists as significant blunt force trauma to the head and neck, and compression of the neck."

weak. I'm formally inviting all of you pro emerald triangle growers to move out to michigan. pleanty of farmland for you around here.

how bout kellogs? i've heard of an ENORMOUS grow project involving them in Grand Rapids.
it's a matter of time, and we will all be the micro-brews to the big money.

sorry....not trying to hijack

Last edited:
just wondering if any others here think that the terrible global economic situation

will play into the mj market

not only do consumers have less money

but more consumers are trying to make money by growing.

the marijuana market is one of the few games in town

and everybody wants to play

everything is conspiring to drive the price down

except those who are trying to corner the market

for their own benefit

ianSF

Michael Lawrence, the founder National Canna Corp...

No worries!

If this is the same National Canna Corp that ran Northern California Collective and coffee shop in Lower Lake, then y'all have nothing to worry about! National Canna Corp was mentioned as the entity running the grow for them. I joined their collective last winter, and made several visits to the dispensary. In May I ordered 75 clones off their list of 140 strains for my summer 2010 grow.

They strung me along for four weeks before the damn place went out of business. Every time I called, they promised "just a little bit longer." When I'd go by, the clerk would take a message but I'd never get a call back. I knew something was starting to fall apart when I'd go in and the clones they had for sale were dying of thirst and badly wilted.

I ended up losing a lot of time and having to scramble to get my genetics in line. If those losers can't even fill a 75 clone order, there's no effin way they'll get a golf resort built. I hear they're trying and failing just to get a replacement dispensary opened in Clearlake.

Big money will get up to the Triangle, but it won't be them.

French farmers kept the big money out with terroir. They incorporate this "taste of place" into their culture. They teach it to their children, thats how it becomes culture and forever protected.

You's guys better get with it.

_Dude

http://kymk.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/420-friendly-tourism-coming-to-emerald-triangle/

Great! More big money coming to our hometowns to capitalize on our hard earned reputations. Why should the locals have a chance to develop their own legal economy? Lets bring in Oaksterdam and Harborside next to be the only ones allowed to legally cultivate. The locals don't want to stay in the Marijuana industry right. That's why we voted in the Tax Cannabis Act. We wanted it to be legal so we could buy it from large corporations and stay at their 420 golf course resorts.
HL is smart enough to know what happens when you legalize it. In come the suits...

Legalization is for suits (Lorillard, Phillip Morris, Big Agricultural Corps, lovely people like that) and people who'd rather not grow their own (know anybody who grows their own tobacco?).

H

harryleggs

Do you suppose if they legalized cannabis that many tobacco smokers would switch?

ianSF

Legalization is for suits

I gave my suits to Goodwill when I became a grower. No more suits, please.

harryleggs-

I used cannabis as a crutch when I kicked my cigarette habit at age 23. Haven't had one in almost 20 years. I'd imagine many would quit in favor of cannabis.

ghostly

Bruce has been planning his resort for at least 4 months, that's when I first heard of it anyway.

You can't hold back the tide, better to navigate it...

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
wow. there alot of broke ass haters in this thread. go big business. i want to be posted up at the resort getting served hash poolside from fine ass waitresses after a good golf day then get a massage while smoking a fat joint.

zenoonez

Veteran
wow. there alot of broke ass haters in this thread. go big business. i want to be posted up at the resort getting served hash poolside from fine ass waitresses after a good golf day then get a massage while smoking a fat joint.

We haven't agreed on much lately so its nice to finally agree with you on something cuz that shit sounds like the perfect day just replacing the golf with some surfing or fishing.