What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kandy Kush wins Cannabis Crown in Colorado

Lack

First off, for those who dont know: Kandy Kush is by Reserva Privada and is OG Kush x Arcata Trainwreck. The T4 cut. Killer ass weed! There's a lot of hyped strains out there that aren't so good, but this KK is truly amazing.

Same here Hempyguy... Been growing Reserva Privadas kandy kush for a couple years now and it's still my favorite strain. I got a single seed and ended up with the true pheno that's in the pic.. Talk about awesome luck! This strain brought magic into my life from the moment I got it. True pheno, soaring high, shockingly potent, tastes like dryer sheets smell imo, smells like hardcore dank that makes you feel all giddy inside when you smell it and best of all, the single fem'd seed grew into a killer plant that didn't herm and I now have a two year old bonsai mother, all from one magical seed :). I nick named it Nelly because everytime I smell it after grinding it up I say woooooaaaah Neeeeelly!

The high is soaring, in your face, head and body both, will glue you to the couch if over smoked and will also cause you to trip if over smoked/vaped. I've been vaping it daily since I got it and haven't built up a tolerance to it. Consistently gets me perfectly baked and each clone packs on grizzly ass buds with long foxtails all over em. I absolutely love it. I also just started growing RP's OG Kush upon request. I know it's clone only, but RP are good breeders and I love their KKush, so figured the OGK they reversed should be killer as well. Have two big ones going now, they have about 60 days left now. Lookin sexy I must say! Maybe one day I'll pick up a clone of the OGK, but I hear so many good things about RP's I may just keep it. I kept two mothers to see which one I like the best.

I also have some rez CDSD, barneys farm dr grinspoon, sensi, wally and other's going... Good times! :dance013:

KarmasWheele

Veteran
so whats the truth about this.....?Is this rp kandy kush or some local col guy who stole the name? which 4 strains make up this col version ?

Cocomage

I'd like to hear more about this Colorado kandy kush as well. Curious what it actually is. I can agree with Lack, Hempyguy and some others about RP's Kandy Kush, some of the very best bud I've ever had the pleasure of smoking. I grow it too. Easily in my all time top 5. The CO kkush is a four way cross of what exactly? RP's KKush is OGK x TW(T4).

S

Serrated Edges

How was that spam? I know those guys personally! They told me the story about how the seed came about in Colorado, was just trying to clarify that it wasn't the Reserva Privada version...Why was the message deleted? It was far from a turbo post....it was a TRUE clarification...

S

Serrated Edges

I'd like to hear more about this Colorado kandy kush as well. Curious what it actually is. I can agree with Lack, Hempyguy and some others about RP's Kandy Kush, some of the very best bud I've ever had the pleasure of smoking. I grow it too. Easily in my all time top 5. The CO kkush is a four way cross of what exactly? RP's KKush is OGK x TW(T4).

I know it is a 4 way cross, but not sure of what. It contains neither TW or OGK, but I'm told it does have some old school Hindu Kush in it and has been bred with some old 70s-80s seeds that were brought to the PNW.

there is a Kandy kush cut that is goin around lake/mendo thats really like blackberry kush - far from the seed strain from dna/Rp .... ive grown both and they are way different....plus i know the dude that was sell in cuts of Kandy at good karma - that was the blackberry kush-ish one - hope this helps clear some confusion

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I picked up kandy kush clone at harbourside a few weeks ago, hope it's og x tw not green crack renamed, let ya know in 3 months....

Granger2

Veteran
I don't doubt that this Kandy Kush is great smoke, but the thing about all these Cups is that How can anyone on a panel or the attendees smoke a bunch of strains and judge which one was best? The only thing they can base it on is taste/smell. IMO. -granger

NorCalZero

there is a Kandy kush cut that is goin around lake/mendo thats really like blackberry kush - far from the seed strain from dna/Rp .... ive grown both and they are way different....plus i know the dude that was sell in cuts of Kandy at good karma - that was the blackberry kush-ish one - hope this helps clear some confusion

real kandy kush looks nothing like blackberry kush, there is a cotton candy kush strain that is going around but it is different and people call it candy kush. kk is og x trainwreck but unless someone told you, you would never guess it as it looks, tastes, and smells nothing like tw. the top 2 strains I have sampled recently that are way underhyped are kandy kush and purple dawg.

Kandy kush is my favorite strain I've ever smoked. It was an ok sample of a great pheno. It made me feel like i was in high school again. Super strong meds u can smoke all day long and be clear still. i will be growing it next round...

Kandy kush is my favorite strain I've ever smoked. It was an ok sample of a great pheno. It made me feel like i was in high school again. Super strong meds u can smoke all day long and be clear still. i will be growing it next round...

Who is the breeder? Is this available in seed?

G

GOOROO

its really a shame private growers and breeders can't enter into these events.