What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Cannabis College Opens in Detroit!

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Now that is awesome! I think Michigan is going to be one of those states that will be the first to legalize. Detroit is going to shit and they need something to save the city from becoming the first ghost city. Thanks for sharing Skip. :)

Sgt.Pepper

Now that is awesome! I think Michigan is going to be one of those states that will be the first to legalize. Detroit is going to shit and they need something to save the city from becoming the first ghost city. Thanks for sharing Skip. :)

Well you're right about Detoit. But when I petitioned to get the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. on the ballot, many of the people that I talked to were against outright legalization and only signed when I proved to them that it was for medical purposes. IMO, Texas has a better chance of legalization / decriminalization, even with their draconian politicains.

But, one can still hope. :canabis:

Sgt.Pepper

BongRipkenJR.

Its nice to know I have other options in states now that California is going to shit and when they legalize weed it will be way worse, and I will be out of a job.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
BongRipken, go to the D a few times if you're thinking of moving there, this doesn't outweigh the rest of the city yet...

nomaad

Veteran
250$ an ounce for herb in michigan?! no fucking way. can anybody from michigan confirm that? I'd bet more like 400$ for anything of any quality. I happen to know that a pound of highgrade CA outdoor can sell (as a pound) for $4000-$4200...

I was in Detroit last November. If you want to grow in the D, you could probably buy a large industrial building for about the same price as a mid-range japanese car with the upgraded stereo and leather seats.

You'd have to get the gangs to handle your security. Or Robocop. You do realize that the fictional world portrayed in the movie "Robocop" is about 3 months from being almost completely true?

B

Blue Dot

I was in Detroit last November. If you want to grow in the D, you could probably buy a large industrial building for about the same price as a mid-range japanese car with the upgraded stereo and leather seats.

You'd have to get the gangs to handle your security. Or Robocop. You do realize that the fictional world portrayed in the movie "Robocop" is about 3 months from being almost completely true?

Isn't that why they are looking to a now quasi-legal (previously illegal) drug to save them?

nomaad

Veteran
I dunno, Blue Dot. You seem to know all the mysteries of the universe. Is that why they are looking to a quasi-legal (previously illegal) drug to save them?

Just clarify... who is "them"? The gangs? Residents of Detroit? the Board of directors of Omni Consumer Products?

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
USA needs to just legalize and leave us the fuck alone. Out here on the West Coast it might as well be legal. I got pulled over not to long ago while driving on the freeway smoking a blunt. Apparently one of my break lights was out. So while I was pulling over I was putting out the blunt and just knew I was gonna get some sort of ticket. He simply came to the passenger window and as I rolled down the window smoke flew out of it. He informed me of my break light being out and told me to get it fixed. Briefly looked at my credentials and said for me to get my light fixed and let me go. Never once did he ask about that smell or what the big cigar was in my ash tray filled with lil green guys falling out the back of it. I am near Seattle and out here it is legal for medical and most cops turn a blind eye to the good green. I was once told by a cop who found weed in my car and DID NOT TAKE IT "anything chemically made we are after" I think for America to continue to persecute for the green is stupid. Afterall........alot of those bastards probably smoke tough!

B

Blue Dot

Just clarify... who is "them"?

Them as in detroit.

Them as in oakland.

Them as in etc.

I guess I'm the only one who recognizes that some of the poorest cities in the US are turning to pot sales as a way to save themselves.

Sgt.Pepper

250$ an ounce for herb in michigan?! no fucking way. can anybody from michigan confirm that? I'd bet more like 400$ for anything of any quality. I happen to know that a pound of highgrade CA outdoor can sell (as a pound) for $4000-$4200...

I'm from the area. The price for the quality stuff is in the area of $350 - $500. Mids are around $150 - $ 250. As far as growing in the D. Even though it would be cheap to buy the building, there in no amount of security that would make me feel safe. Even if it was the National Guard, they would probably tested often.

nomaad

Veteran
there in no amount of security that would make me feel safe. Even if it was the National Guard, they would probably tested often.

Dude... you sound like you're in marketing for Omni Consumer Products... next, you're going to try and sell me the Ed-209 to handle my security needs.

thanks for the confirmation on the local price...

nomaad

Veteran
Them as in detroit.

Them as in oakland.

Them as in etc.

I guess I'm the only one who recognizes that some of the poorest cities in the US are turning to pot sales as a way to save themselves.

Yet you don't recognized when somebody is taking the piss.

jburns

im here in michigan and because of how shitty it is prices are dirt cheap compared to cali to even sign up with apatient they want top shelf for undr 200 a zip theres a fair amount of patient vs caregivers going on and everyone wants to grow so we are cutting each others throat

BongRipkenJR.

Im aware of how hood detroit is. To be honest I would go to Colorado first. Good for Michigan though! Im stoked for you guys. Im not one for full legalization, but more medical marijuana supporting states would be great!

M

movingtocally

Im aware of how hood detroit is. To be honest I would go to Colorado first. Good for Michigan though! Im stoked for you guys. Im not one for full legalization, but more medical marijuana supporting states would be great!
I dunno man. Reading around on here it seems that market is pretty much in full swing! High competition.