What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cannabis sprouts,

searcher

so i popped a hundred bagseeds and decided to eat some, they have good flavor and i bet that their good for you. i would love to grow them by the hundreds in those (sprout boxes) they use for starting alfalfa sprouts to use on sandwiches and in salads. the sprouts are so much larger then alfalfa also very meaty! i bet they would be good whole in salads after they have the first true set of leafs out.

Dr.NO

That's a good idea! I'd like to put some into stir fry rather than using bean sprouts. The cannabis sprouts would be a bit smaller but if grown out to where you said, with the true leaves first emerging, they would be large enough.

vinivici

Hey Searcher,

in my culture they toast cannabis seeds and eat them as a delicacy, after a 1/2 bowl u definitely feel the effects, its probably a lot harder with sprouts but did u notice any effect?

Dr.NO

There aren't any psychoactive drugs in cannabis seeds or sprouts. The only effect you could feel is being full.

C

Cerb

There aren't any psychoactive drugs in cannabis seeds or sprouts. The only effect you could feel is being full.

Agreed. Any cannabinoids produced are located only in the trichomes of a flowering plant.

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
I was going to enact this idea myself, Id also like to employ a decent shelling method and eat the seeds themselves as they have good protein and essential fatty acids, and I'm currently paying about 10 bucks a pound for shelled hempseed.

vinivici

Dr. No and Cerb i know it sounds impossible but my family's been doing it for generations in iran. toasted cannabis seeds with the shell 4-6 oz of them and u really feel mello like a weak stoned

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Dr. No and Cerb i know it sounds impossible but my family's been doing it for generations in iran. toasted cannabis seeds with the shell 4-6 oz of them and u really feel mello like a weak stoned
Well the seeds do come from buds, maybe some cannabinoids slip through?

krazycure

An old lady I know swears by eating 20 or so some odd 15 day old sprouts she can catch a buzz, it's odd to think about but why do animals sometimes seek out young cannabis plants and eat them before anything else in the garden? There is probably sometime we don't know...

Dr.NO

Looks like I'll have to try this one myself. How long and at what temperature do seeds need to be roasted at.

beek

Looks like I'll have to try this one myself. How long and at what temperature do seeds need to be roasted at.

You just sprout them like any other seeds ;) Check some videos on youtube.
I bought that sprouting 3 level thing but still prefer simple mason jars. I go by the feeling when sprouts are ready but check out on google. Tons of info.

C

cyber echo

Sprout salads are one of healthiest things u can eat. As fresh as it can get too. I'd use hemp seeds tho :p They sell em here in big quantities as bird seed

cthulhu

you'd roast bird seed and eat it??

I know most budgie seeds are comprised of at least 80% hemp seed. but the idea of eating bird seed, roasted or not, does not sound very appetizing.

sprouts sounds interesting, how do they taste, skunky? somehow I doubt they'd be very sweet. I don't know if I'd eat them raw but maybe cooked into something.

C

cyber echo

Hemp seed cthulhu, whatever its source is hemp. Make sure no preservatives have been added, and in anycase, wash well. Sprout them and use in a salad. Some people eat the sprouts alone as a salad and add lemon+vinegar.

searcher

so i haven't really been around anyway. i'd like to add that i have "young plants" somewhat larger then sprouts i guess their working on their third pair of leaves, but the point is i have them under the canopy of shrubs and they stretch their leaves out very large and tender in the sheltered conditions have keep them in. well? don't you think those tender leaves would be good in salads.. even the stems are fat with water.. very tender.

Latest posts

Latest posts