What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto ak-47 x auto hindu kush questions?

Alright, so I am growing this strain, my first autos and they are f3'S I think. I bought them locally and I am wondering about a couple of things. I am just over 21 days and they are starting to show, one female, 2 males so far out of 6. My question is this, why are they staying so short? I mean they are only like an inch tall with 2 nodes. How can I get them to grow more and will they stretch when flowering?

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How tall are they ?

Off hand I would think they should be...what 4-6 inches.

S_a_H

JBM

*coughs* Inbred

Sorry man, there goes your vigor. Try outcrossing them and then backcrossing back to get the AF gene. You'll find that the vigor will return.

They're barely 2 inches and just at the 3rd node. So they have the first single leaves, then they have 3 sets of 3 fingered leaves. Would it really matter if they were inbred? I don't think they are though. They are only in the 4 inch pots, would that make that big of a difference? I just started using some light nutes on them. Will they stretch alot in flower?

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah those are on the small side. I am not sure what your issue is as I could see one being like that as some micro phenos do show up from time to time.

I keep them in 16oz plastic beer cups and don't have issues so I am sure its not your pots yet.

As for them stretching I cannot tell you I have never grown those strains from LL.

S_a_H

Yeah,I am using 175 watt metal halide, my soil does dry out rather quickly from the fan but if I turn the fan off, it gets too warm. I am hoping they are just off to a slow start as I have seen some plants start out slow, then by the 3rd or 4th week, take off. I hope these do that, if not, I have some dieselrder on the way.

LLCoolBud

I was reading the description of this strain a bit ago on Dr.Chronic is said that the breeder found these plants to be extremely small and he could fit twice as many Auto Hindus in a box than there Auto ak47 It think it might just be the way Lowlife bred them.