What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LL's Journey of Kish

LLCoolBud

This Thread will be a grow diary of my 3 Kish(Originally Spice of Life's Shishkaberry) seedlings and 1 Bag Seed seedling from a good batch of purple pot that I acquired.

First they all were soaked in a shallow shot-glass of reverse osmosis water for 12 hours then placed on a paper towel on a plate covered by another plate again moistened with the purified water.

Grow Info
This is the first time I tried this method and I would have to say that it by far has worked the best as the seedlings did not tangle and grow into the towel like the baggie method. Also because I used purified water instead of tap water there was no weird smells in the paper towel afterwords like before from all the impurities in tap water.

Nutrient/Feed Schedule
Urine 1/4 Cup - 1/3 to 1 Gallon of RO water.
I will be using this nute mix every other time I water my plants.

The One bagseed came from a bag of bud like this.....

After 4-5 days I had nice robust seedlings which were then transferred into 16oz starter pots with miracle grow seedling soil under a 12w Compact fluorescent. right now.:yoinks: Tomoro I'm going to go get the proper bulbs.

Last edited:
Hey LL, have you tried re-sizing the pictures using an editor program like photoshop or something similar? Hope that helps!

LLCoolBud

Got it fixed thanks for the help I was trying to upload them the wrong way figured it out so here we go lets kick this baby off. Grab a seat and watch the show!

LLCoolBud

2nd Update :joint:

2nd Update :joint:

Unfortunately my one bag seed sprout died I guess it just was not meant to be.:fsu: O well on with the Shishkaberry show.

picture.php

So all three Kish babies broke threw the soil I have labeled them 1,2,3 respectively left to right you cant see the marker in the pic.

picture.php

Not much else to report but figured I'll keep you all updated.

LLCoolBud

Ok its been a few here's on update on the soon to be monster berry smelling giants haha. I purchased two 40W CFLs for the time being to upgrade the vegetation lighting I have one 40w cool white running right now when they get bigger i will screw in the 40w Soft White and possibly add some more bulbs for veg as needed. They babies have seemed to love the upgrade from lil 12w that got them started they now are starting on there second true leaves. Also I wiped up a circulation system for now in my box with two pc fans and a 12v phone adapter It seems to be aiding in the air flow greatly but I still have to take the time to properly set up the exhaust and intake fans and such to make this a true finished grow box. Ok Nuff talking heres the show.

LLCoolBud

Where Is Every Body?!#...The show must still go on...

Where Is Every Body?!#...The show must still go on...

Time for an update folks! The babies were watered once with boiled tap water when I ran out of RO water and it turned out to be a costly mistake the babies scorched up a bit and yellowed but I have sense transplanted all three into 2L containers with fresh RO and they are already starting to look better.

Note to Self:
NEVER...NEVER under any circumstances use tapwater. Espeically if yours if like mine with a merky white cloud of mineral deposits all threw out it even boiling the water will not help FYI.

Starting to feel lonely here could use some comments lol, ah well i guess there's just not much see see right now.

White

Hey bro,
Just found your thread. Best of luck with your new plants. What are your plans down the line? Reveg, mothers and clones...?

Well, I'll be hangin around here watching the progress. Again, best of luck. Oh, and what feed are you gonna be giving them?

Peace,
White

LLCoolBud

Hey White thanks for stopping by, great questions. I figured this should be updated in the main post as well.

For the first time ever I am going to be trying out urine as a fertilizer. This will be a showcase to how it works in the field as I have used no nutes what so ever in this grow and I am using a soil-less mix. Ill have pictures tomorrow so we can document the effects of this powerful natural nutrient.

Nutrient/Feed Schedule
Urine 1/4 Cup - 1/3 to 1 Gallon of RO water.
I will be using this nute mix every other time I water my plants.

As for getting the perpetual harvest started...
I plan to clone all my plants flower and make mothers after female selections are made I also plan on collecting some pollen if I do come across a male, but I'm thinking it will be all three females this time.

LLCoolBud

I'd have to say its extremely vigorous and fast growing thus far, I can't wait to see how these babies like the nutes! Nut i want to wait to they are completely dry before feeding them. Thanks for stoppin by!

M

mOOndiCa

urine for ferts...that is ghetto style fosho
it looks like maybe your plants are turning yellow from not having proper nutes in the soil and or toxic soil which you could be getting from urine as your nute sorce?!?!.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
$10 worth of flat white paint will give your lights more bang for their buck. I'd also recommend you go ahead and add the other CFL you're holding back. They're from seed, the light isn't gonna scare 'em. Also, while they're still small and you've got low light, you might consider finding a way to temporarily partition your cab so that only a small area around the plants is being lit... better use of your available light, instead of lighting up a bunch of empty floor.

Could we see the whole box with dimensions?

LLCoolBud

urine for ferts...that is ghetto style fosho
it looks like maybe your plants are turning yellow from not having proper nutes in the soil and or toxic soil which you could be getting from urine as your nute sorce?!?!.

If you read the posts above you would realize that I have not use any nute's thus far and if anyone is a bit iffy about using urine as a fertilizer check out the thread linked below its been tried tested and proven to work, no more wasting money on nutes for me.

Urine As a Fert
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21381

Anti,
Thanks for stopping by. I do think the cab would work much better painted white I just don't have the time or the place to do it right now. As for the lights I will be hard mounting them all to the top in a couple days once i get 2-3 more bulbs but as my plants are vegging I can wait on that for a bit.

Ill get the dimensions for you later and explain the setup a bit better.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
What style of grow are you planning? You gonna do a perp SOG or just grow a few bushes?

If you're going for the perp-sog, I'd say that hardmounting them at the top is probably a good idea, but I'd recommend mounting to the top of the wall so that you can mount them sideways. More of the light can be used if you mount horizontally rather than vertically. It'll also provide more even coverage over your canopy. (it's what Dr. Bud does.) If you're going to try to grow a few small bushes (instead of budsicles) you might wanna consider mounting all of your lights on a piece of plywood that you can suspend from the ceiling with hooks & twine, so you can keep your lights a few inches from your plants.

Just thoughts.

Mr.Bitti

yea i have pissed in my water before at a concentration of 1/2 cup per gallon, it works very well its straight nitrogen but it takes a few days to absorb. I wouldn't throw nutes all together away cus there's more to growing than nitrogen.

LLCoolBud

Eventually I plan to run the SOG but most likely that ist'n going to happen for a few months. For now this will be a veg box to get my babies started and raring to go this season.

LLCoolBud

Thanks for the comments and intrest Mr.Bitti and Anti.

I have hard mounted my two lights on the back of the box and hung the fans from them. I also have got 5 clones of a outdoor strain Im callin Puff. I took several clippings of each and have them in a homemade 2L wick cloner with perlite. The Shishkaberrys are going strong and will be topped/sexed/cloned soon. I have decided to put the Dr.Bud SOG on hold for now as the outdoor season is near and I am low on seed stock. So this summer I will be doing several crosses. Soon I will have Masterlow, Bluestreak and a few other autoflowers going.

What Im thinking is using a shishkaberry daddy to polenate a shishkaberry for more F3's and cross it with my Puff strain and possibly with Bluestreak or masterlow. I also would like to take any males i get from 100% autoflowering strains and make f2s and crosses between them and with my Puff and Shishkaberry mommas to speed up there flowering times further from the first week of september to say um Augest some time or sooner:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

LLCoolBud

Well the cloner did'nt work on to try two with Peat Pucks this time, Wish me luck boys and gals, first time I lost 100% of my clones was a huge upset.