What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ventilasjon for 2400w hps?

Grønn

Hei,

Skal sette opp 4x600w hps i et rom som er 3mx3m og 2.60m høyt, og lurer på om det er noen som kunne gi meg innspill på hvor mye ventilasjon jeg kommer til å trenge.

Har en 160mm ventil å lufte ut fra så jeg lurer på om en "Ruck RK160L (160mm/6 1/2 inch) - 150mm/6 1/2 in fan - Airflow - 714m3 per hour" er stor nok til å gjøre jobben?

Jeg kommer til å kjøre en inntaksvifte fra et rom med konstant 20c.

Takk for alle svar.

L

lucky..

hi, i have 4x600w and i use Torin 1500 m3/h in box with 1500 carbon filter + speed controller..
i haven´t problem with tepmperature..;)

good luck..

lucky..

Grønn

Yupp - the 160mm is the pain in the equation.

There are ways around the 160mm vent, but so far none of my ideas seem stellar.

1. Using a reducer: Would prolly cause a lot of extra noise, extra strain on the fan, and prolly reduce the benefits of a bigger fan a lot.

2. Air conditioner: Very expensive in my area (about 1000usd for a 10000btu unit) + would draw another 1kw electricity.

3. Venting out of a window through a pressure box: Would need to run two sepparate fans and two sepparate filters, worried about condensation on glass, not to thrilled about having to keep a window cracked open year round.

4. I have another 160mm vent i could run venting to as well, but this vent is in a location that would be much more exposed to noise and smell considerations.

5. Reduce the wattage: Would reduce the benefits of the operation without reducing the risks significantly

Thanks for the replies - I'm a bit stuck on how to solve this problem.

bing

om du har mulighet til å hente inn frisk (kaldere luft) vil du ikke ha behov for like heftig avtrekk.

Grønn

A little follow up on this....

Ended up going with 2*160mm ("Ruck RK160L (160mm/6 1/2 inch) - 150mm/6 1/2 in fan - Airflow - 714m3 per hour") for a total of 1428m3 of exhaust. + a 4 inch active intake fan and plenty of passive intake vents..

Managed to keep temps steady through the summer with the inevitable high temperature spikes as outside temperatures went above 25c.

picture.php

picture.php

With 20/20 hindsight I would have gone with two 8inch fans with reducers and a digital fan/temperature speed controller. Would probably have helped with noise levels and kept temps steady regardless of the temperature outside.

Now with winter coming I'm experiencing the benefits and challenges of cold outside temps. I have disabled one of the exhaust fans and the intake fan.

So at the moment I'm running a 1*160mm fan on a temperature/speed controller and 2400w of lights, and having perfect temperatures lights on.

But with lights out I'm having to run 1700w of heaters and the fan at 20% to keep temps high enough.

My conclusion is that if your growing in scandalnavia u need to plan two sets of ventilation set-ups: 1 for summer and 1 for winter.

---> and I would recommend getting a good climate controller to run your exhaust/intake fans as the temperature variations of the outside air can be pretty brutal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts