What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Strainguide-Please contribute!

Strain/Breeder: NLX (NL x WW), GSA
Harvest time: Second half October
Latitude of grow: 51
Average yield: Really don't know, all in all i think i had about 50-100 gr dry from one plant
Mold?: Not so much at harvest, a lot after drying and trimming. Lost about half the harvest.
Potentcy: Great, i harvested a bit early so the high was nice and up high, with enough body to it. Taste resembled NL a lot.
Year of grow: 2006

No harvest or mature budshots, these are at three weeks flowering, and some qwiso I made from popcorn and trimming.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
porshebxtr-Maroc's breeder was Female seeds, I checked Gypsys Seed boutique but it looks like they are not available at this time, I'm not sure if they will be again or not, sorry.

Growshop aliën also has 'Double Fun'
Double fun - Plant of the year for outdoor growing

A highly stable variety, very well suitable for both indoor and outdoor growing.
Sativa/Indica 25/75%
Looks: fat buds with white hairs
Smell: specific, lemon-like smell
Taste: sweet, friendly and authentic
Yield outdoors: 250-500 gram
Yield indoors: 350-500 gram/m2

Flowertime indoors: 60 days
harvest time outdoors: beginning of october in Holland
Growth traits:
Highly frost- and fungi-resistant (100% will never be possible)
Effect traits: strong, psychoactive

Last edited:

Stinkymutt

Early wonder Skunk

Early wonder Skunk

Early wonder skunk / Solar warrior seed co. (not around now i was told)
Harvest end august till oct. depending on when put in ground
grown at 45 n
Yield from seed 4-6 oz from clone 3-4 oz
potency is high !
Smell is somewhere between a skunk and realy bad breath ! for real
This has become my fav outdoor strain. It does fairely well indoors as well. The name is decieving as there is no skunk in it. There is ruderalus bred in there so about 75 % auto flower at about 18". Hard to clone because of this but the cuts catch up quick in flowering. I cannot find any more of these beans and would love some more so if anyone has info Please help me out!
This is my only picture I have loaded. its all one plant from clone in 2006

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent idea BACKCOUNTRY,....... Great job every one.

Strain/Breeder: NL#5 x BB / GN
Harvest time: 1st/2nd May
Latitude of grow: 44º Sth
Average yield: Impressive
Mold?: None
Potency: good sativa high, long duration
Year of grow: 2006 – 2007

I originally started it in a pot early Dec 06, then waited for it to show sex before I planted her straight into the ground rich in various ewc/composts/manures etc. I only ever fed her with organic brewed teas. This photo was from April 14, last mth. We had extremely heavy rain for 4 days (7 days before harvest) so I lost at least half of the trichs from this lady. The last 2 weeks were chilly at nights with scattered showers. She only received max 6 hrs direct sunlight/day. Absolutely no mold. Strong lemon pine scent. I should have germinated at least 6 wks earlier for her to have had time to fill out properly and miss the bad weather. But I am impressed with how she stood up to the battering she received. Edit:No probs with temps either. Max temps were 42.7 ºC (108.86 ºF) with a min 9.0 ºC (48.2 ºF) - No hermies, but I did have that prob with some other genetics. Seed germination rate 100% - M/F ratio 50/50

The trichs that I collected from silk screening have really got me wondering what an undamaged plant would have produced. I’ll give the bags ago next.

Last edited:

michu

Strain/Breeder: Twilight/DP
Harvest time: end of September/early October
Latitude of grow: about 50º North
Average yield: average
Mold?: None
Potency: long lasting indica stone
Year of grow: 2004

urban

Strain/Breeder: T44, Nirvana
Harvest time: Early October
Latitude of grow: 49/50
Average yield: high
Mold?: NO
Potency: 7/10

Hard Nugs, Medium relaxing high

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Thankyou urban! This is the first report in some time, I suspect more reports will start rolling in soon as the northern hemispheres harvest season heats up, thanks to all who have posted reports, and to those who havn't yet, please do!!

Strain/Breeder: Early skunk (Sensi seeds)
Harvest time: Half october (not finished by about 2 weeks)
Latitude of grow: 52º nrth
Growing type: Balcony
Average yield: Average
Mold?: Yes due to moist conditions at the end
Potency: Good/very good. Stoney/high and some trippyness
fotos taken middle/end september.

Strain/Breeder: NLX (alien growshop)
Harvest time: Half october (not finished by about 2 weeks)
Latitude of grow: 52º nrth
Growing type: Guerilla
Average yield: High
Mold?: Yes but just a little, quite mold resistant.
Potency: Good lots of thrichomes/a warm stoned/high
Plant does best untopped, forming a giant long top cola
foto taken end september

Last edited:

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Strain/Breeder: Blue Dragon (BB/W Rhino x Tibetan) rolanterroy
Harvest time: October 7-14
Latitude of grow: 35 N
Growing type: Guerrilla, container, organic soil.
Average yield: 5-gallon bucket, 3-5 ounces.
Mold?: No mold here, but others on Vancouver Island report high mold resistance.
Potency: Good/Very good... happy, motivating, creative, social.

Last edited:

supersonic

Strain/Breeder: White KC (KC Brains)
Harvest time: early october
Latitude of grow: 46 N
Growing type: Guerrilla,
Average yield: Average
Potency: 8.5, strong body stone with a little head too, good for pain.
Mold?: No mold

Very resinous buds with strange peppery-herbal smell and good taste. 3 different phenos, all were good. Recomended.

supersonic

Strain/Breeder: Aurora Indica (Nirvana)
Growing type: Guerrilla, full day sun
Average yield: Very good
Potency: 9.5, very strong body stone,
Mold?: little mold

very resinous plants with big hard buds,2 phenos with different smell, taste and dry yield:
1st: big bush- 300g, lemony sweet smell and taste
2nd: not so bushy- 200g, impresive main bud (30-40g dry), hashy taste and smell, heavy on lungs

Both were heavy knock-out stone, better than a lot of indoor buds, probably the strongest outdoor weed I have smoked in last years.
Very recomended!!! :joint:

supersonic

Strain/Breeder: TOP 44 (Nirvana)
Growing type: Guerrilla, full day sun
Average yield: good
Potency: 7, pleasant relaxing lasting stone
Mold?: little mold

One plant had completely purple buds and on the other buds were like 30% purple, although there was sunny warm weather in sep and oct.

G

guest123

well a bit off topic , but boy those outdoor pix look great , , cannabis in its real element .... top notch pix ...

Horus

Wow this thread is great! I can't afford the fancy named strains, but dayum . . .

I think it'd be helpful if you gave small details about your grow (like whether you topped it or not), and say how it affected the yield. I know some plants respond really well to topping but some it's better to leave them as christmas trees with one big central coda.

supersonic

small details about my grow:
seeds were germinated relatively late- in may. Feeding: veg- bio canna vega, bloom- plagron alga bloom, once a week. Plants were transplanted outside around june 10th. They all were untopped and all grew like crazy. On that bushy aurora some lower branches broke even before start of blooming, they were about 1,5m long... i had to tie them.. in my opinion the most important factor was full day sun and water flowing nearby so that plants were refreshed every evening and never suffered lack of water.
The height was around 230cm.