What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Method to purposely degrade THC quickly?

Reaper

I have an opportunity to sell some buds into a new market. However, I will need to LOWER the THC % of the dried flowers to meet the legal limits.
Does anyone know of a process or procedure than one can undertake to degrade the THC fairly quickly?

Reaper

igrowone

Veteran
this is a new one, interesting
not familiar with a method that's been used in practice
however, from what i understand sunlight, and in particular the UV portion degrades thc
just a post to get things started, curious if there is such a method in use

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
One thing I remember reading recently was (and I think Oregon comes to mind) the percentage can be measured by grinding an entire plant, stems and all, to obtain the required percentage.

Obviously, including stems in the mix is going to make the goal a little easier.

Just tossing that out.

HyDroid

If the measurement is being taken without a moisture purge, then one option is to add a little moisture back into the buds via slightly raised humidity over time. Total THC amount stays constant, total mass goes up, THC % goes down.

But any decent lab should account for moisture? Drying in an oven to purge moisture will purge and degrade other things, so I bet they don't.

Does anyone know?

hyposomniac

Throw it in a kif tumbler; should lower overall thc per unit weight of flower, and not leave you with degradation products, and give you some hash.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Throw it in a kif tumbler; should lower overall thc per unit weight of flower, and not leave you with degradation products, and give you some hash.

Now, that's actually the best idea yet. tumbling will definitely reduce the trichs (and therefore THC %).

However, if I remember right the OP has like 700 pounds or something crazy. Would have to be a pretty big tumbler.

Sure would be one crazy pile of sift in the end. LMAO Keif Mountain. LOL

hyposomniac

Now, that's actually the best idea yet. tumbling will definitely reduce the trichs (and therefore THC %).

However, if I remember right the OP has like 700 pounds or something crazy. Would have to be a pretty big tumbler.

Sure would be one crazy pile of sift in the end. LMAO Keif Mountain. LOL

Long story but recently I toured the shop floor of a company that makes industrial clothes washing machines. Dude showed me one that takes 1000 lbs of clothes. Of course I was thinking of weed

I have an opportunity to sell some buds into a new market. However, I will need to LOWER the THC % of the dried flowers to meet the legal limits.
Does anyone know of a process or procedure than one can undertake to degrade the THC fairly quickly?

Reaper

curing the bud worst then you can! heat is the n°1

Latest posts

Latest posts