What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nearly done mini CMH cab.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Hell all,

Just sharing to stimulate the collective intellect and creativity that I know exists at ICMAG but, seems to really have quieted of late.

20"L x 20"W x 28"H I think it is ideal for a scrog. Coco DTW or BluMats and probably 3-5oz yield. Frankly, I haven't grown in a few years and don't have anything going now. I have coco and several other techniques dialed in should I start again.

Running a Philips 150w CMH 4K at the moment and will add a 70w Eye Cera Arc Natural red soon. CMT70/U/NR/936/G12. Have a roll of Orca to line it with this week and a carbon filter to add as well.

Regards

Attachments

• fridge 2.jpg
    fridge 2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 17
  • fridge 3.jpg
    fridge 3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 17
  • fridge 4.jpg
    fridge 4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 17
  • fridge 5.jpg
    fridge 5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 17
  • fridge 6.jpg
    fridge 6.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 17

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice cab! Is this your first run with it or are you dusting it off from storage?

Azeotrope

Veteran
Thank you. It had been kicking around as a clone cab. The last couple years it served as a seedling cab for the outdoor veggie gardens. It had a 70w MH and the refrigeration circuit was still active so it did not have ventilation. I was Talking with my amazing wife about maybe going for some strawberries over winter and just started putting it together. Got carried away and well....... I love strawberries but, doubt that’s what I’ll use it for.

Just received some beans - NL by Joey Weed and it should be perfect for this cab.

I still have the condensing unit and may resurect it for summer cooling.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Yes it worked well with CO2. It had a static/gravity style evaporator that ate up about 4-5” of height so it was removed. I may pipe the unit from remote and install a small or custom (diy) evaporator in the intake air plenumn and control for a given intake air temp. Then ramp the mixed flow exhaust fan for a given cabinet temp of about 74F.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Hello all:

Posted this in the Growroom designs and equipment. Thinking some of you peeps might have a need for some compact, efficient and reasonably affordable heating options.

Just thought I'd share a tip on heating options for small/medium grow cabs/tents. Like so many others, I have suffered the cold winter garage or other spaces. Entering air of 20-30F is not helpful!

Check out PTC Resistor Heaters. Specifically search for "Enclosure Heaters" or "Panel Heaters". Enclosure heaters are generally used to moderate and control the environmental conditions within electrical control panels. Generally where there are devices that need to stay above specific temp and below certain RH% are located in fluctuating ambient conditions.

There are a few designs on the market. Here is a link to the data sheet for a self regulating heater that I have in play. There are other styles that have fans, built in and they are also available as mats or blocks.

https://www.stego.de/us/products/heating/

Not a totally new technology. You'll see that they are used in many different products we all use daily.

Have fun and play safely!

Azeotrope

Azeotrope

Veteran
Heater should go in tonight. Day 3 of 12/12. Day 19 since the seeds were buried in coco. Joey Weed Northern Lights.

Temps have been 42-47F during lights out.........

Attachments

• JW NL 19 days.jpg
    JW NL 19 days.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Mr Pyr0

Hey those PTC enclosure heaters look interesting, but a bit pricey.
I've been using a cheap 28watt reptile heater mat to help keep my cab out in the shed warm but reckon I could do with extra wattage for the colder nights.
Good luck with the cab

Azeotrope

Veteran
Update - Day 40 from seed. Day 21 of flower 11.5/12.5

Update - Day 40 from seed. Day 21 of flower 11.5/12.5

Joey Weed Northern Lights
Cabinet 20"L x 20"W x 28"H
Philips 150w 4k CMH on Metrolight Electronic Ballast
Sylvania MC70T6/U/G12/930 Powerball on Hatch E-Ballast
Hon&Guan FS-100 Mixed Flow Fan on A419 E-Tstat set 68F
Stego 100W PTC Heater on A419 E-Tstat set 66F
Cyco Coco in "Pond Pots" Mesh
Blumats
GrowMore Mendocino 5-11-26
CalNit
Epsom
Seaweed Extract

Apologies for the weird orientations of the pics! Using a metadata scrubber and it forces them this way. I can't seem to get around it..... A work in progress.

[url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?

Last edited:

Azeotrope

Veteran
Not a huge fan of defoliating with every strain or phenotype. Started plucking a little the last couple of days. The 70w Ceramic Powerball from Osram/Sylvania just went in about 4 days ago. It has a CRI of 95 and a very nice spectrum loaded with red photons from 650nm to 700nm. I have a 70w Eye Cera Arc Natural Red (936 color code) but, it only fires reliably on the Hatch Ballast with about 10" of wire. Therefore I went with the Osram. Kind of just thrown in there and not my usual standard of install quality.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts