What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else got royal blood?

gingerale

Veteran
So I was reading the news today and came across this article about Ancestry.com, saying they have the 1940 census data up. So I'm like fuck it, I'll check out this 14 day free trial and see what's up....

Well, within 15 minutes I'm digging up all kinds of pictures of my great grandfather and family members I've never even seen before. Awesome. So I kept digging back as far as I could, and I hit a few dead ends here and there, but other family lines just kept going and going and going.....and once I got back a couple centuries....now I'm seeing all these earls and dukes and lords and shit popping up everywhere....wtf? I've only done like 70% of my dad's side of the family and I've already dug up so many nobles, princesses, kings, etc it's ridiculous.

I've been having a lot of fun Googling these names and seeing who is who. Turns out I'm a direct descendent of several kings including Henry I and David of Scotland! Lots of other folks with some interesting stories. I have traced some of these people as far back as the 10th century, which is just crazy that this is possible.

Then I was reading about the Norman Invasion, when William the Conqueror invaded England back in like 1080....and there is a list of only 13 names who are known for a fact to have fought with William on the campaign. Apparently it's a big deal in the British aristocracy if you can prove your ancestors were in that battle. Well there like 3 different names on that list who are in my direct ancestry. How cool is that shit! My history goes all the way back past the invasion through several generations of nobles in Normandy too.

I always knew I was a bad ass, and now I know why! I'm a son of kings bitches! My ego will never be deflated now.

You may refer to me hereafter as Lord Ginger. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thank you:

gingerale

Veteran
Conserving my energy man.....gotta save it for all the ass kicking I might have to do on a moment's notice. You know how it is...

I've got Abraham's nose, Jacobs thighs...

patriarchs.jpg

gingerale

Veteran
The thing is, other people have already done the research and verified all the info....I guess there's plenty of other folks out there who are related to these same ancestors. If I had to dig all this info up myself it would never get done, lol. The web site automatically searches through every known database to find the data for you, and it works pretty well, but you just gotta verify the dates and names all add up and make sense when you add each person to the chart...

cannadelic

maybe I do come from royalty, after some consideration I remember being called a royal pain in the ass by my parents many times.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I a direct decent of this guy.

Chimpanse-Smiling-wallpaper.jpg

but gingerale is related to this guy. lol
357807460-26155821.jpg

(king Louie from jungle book)

Last edited:
N

nukkumatti

I'm the king of cock suckers bro! So I know how ya feel.. invincible!!! :D

LazLo

I've seen a family tree on Ancestry that traces their roots to Adam and Eve!! Even "sources" must be verified.

I've been to the ruins of my ancestors Norman castle in Wales. Small museum. A member of the family was Secretary of English Navy and awarded 3 million (YES MILLION) acres in Virginia, USA. Another was Chief Clerk to an English king. A street off the Tower of London is named for him. The family supported Charles I and Cromwell confiscated all they had and they were forced to flee the British Isles.

That is documented history, not only of my ancestors, but of the royals. We may not have had royal blood, but I'm sure the royals secrets were in part responsible for the family's success.

I save my admiration for all my ancestors who immigrated to America and struggled for generations to provide for themselves and build a nation.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm a big fan of Ancestry.com. I spend too much time there.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Then I was reading about the Norman Invasion, when William the Conqueror invaded England back in like 1080....

1066 and its William the bastard-thats what his own people called him.
Royal blood-no such thing, royalty means nothing, aristocracy means nothing, the royals and aristos were nothing more than the original gangsters-whoever had the biggest crew of swords and bowmen became king-nothing special and definately nothing "noble" about them.
Williams army were getting slaughtered by Harolds army on the day at Hastings, and were in retreat, it was literally a lucky thing( for William) that Harold took an arrow to the face thus ending the battle.
The Normans robbed the English in every way they could, the Anglo-Saxons couldn't even hunt in their own forest any more because these "Noble" normans decided it was all theirs-you would be hung for taking a deer-or even owning a purebred hound-this is where lurchers and longdogs came from. Really "Noble" people.
Fuck the Normans-no offense to you personally
All Hail Cnut

sso

Veteran
well, im actually descended from odin , the king of the gods, through this ancient scandinavian king :) lol

well, probably, heard it from a ancestry nutjob in the family, didnt bother to check it.

always found kings and gods to be such utter douchebags.

im rather ashamed of this. (as in dont really give a fuck though :))

much more proud of the outlaws and sheepthieves the other side of my family has :) (as in i dont care really, cause im me and always gonna be me, whomever im descendent from)

S

SeaMaiden

1066 and its William the bastard-thats what his own people called him.
Royal blood-no such thing, royalty means nothing, aristocracy means nothing, the royals and aristos were nothing more than the original gangsters-whoever had the biggest crew of swords and bowmen became king-nothing special and definately nothing "noble" about them.
Williams army were getting slaughtered by Harolds army on the day at Hastings, and were in retreat, it was literally a lucky thing( for William) that Harold took an arrow to the face thus ending the battle.
The Normans robbed the English in every way they could, the Anglo-Saxons couldn't even hunt in their own forest any more because these "Noble" normans decided it was all theirs-you would be hung for taking a deer-or even owning a purebred hound-this is where lurchers and longdogs came from. Really "Noble" people.
Fuck the Normans-no offense to you personally
All Hail Cnut

This is a timely thread. Once I got my first Tablet and the Kindle app, I began getting books. Damn near ALL historical fiction. What am I reading right now? A tome called I Am the Chosen King. Featuring.....

William the Bastard! And Harold Godwinesson, Earl of Wessex, et alia. I'm currently in the year 1065.

To be fair, the Normans were practically invited in by Edward, wouldn't you agree?

I am of Spanish and Italian extraction, yet the historical fiction that I've found based on those histories just isn't anywhere nearly as fascinating to me as the British histories.

I found that census data, but was quickly overwhelmed with it. I know that on my father's side we have a rather colorful history, and on my mother's side we're able to trace very far back. Just don't know the particulars.

sso, for you.

Attachments

• Jesus_loves_Odin_grows.jpg
    Jesus_loves_Odin_grows.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 10

sso

Veteran
its not really a big thing being descended from kings.

most of them had 1000 bastards or so.

probably most people in the world can count a king or 2 as their ancestor.

that scandinavian king i mentioned, had at least 1000 bastards.