What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help! Plants looking wilted and possible CA-MG def?

These are some sour d that were looking very healthy last week. they were under CFL lights in 4in pots. then i transplanted them to 1 gallons and put them under a 600 watt HPS light, still on veg cycle.

They are in happy frog soil. i feed them GH 2 part plus calmag, and sprinkle in some random things during veg like fish emulsion, aminos, silica, i feed them at 1/2 dosage and only feed like one every week, most of the time i just water with ph 6.0-6.5

Last week they were so healthy! scary how things change so quick. ive never had this kind of problem before im not new to growing have like 10 harvests under my belt and never seen this before.

So if i had to guess..

1. they are burned by the HPS light?
2. they are shocked by transplant?
3. its been really cold lately and i watered with cold water, bad?
4. it needs CAMG, so i added some in last feed but havent noticed any results yet.
5. its underfed, i need to feed at full strength?

if you guys could help me please! i really want some sour D to puff by my birthday in march. thanks so much to those who can help.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hey thanks for quick responses! but i use plain ol tap water that comes out at like 7.5 or so.

i think it might be overwatered too. they got kinda wilted after i transplanted them, so i doused them with a watering of CA-MAG and roots excel.

they are getting 18-6 of light.

S

swisscheese

Too wet and they just went from cfl's to hid light of course they are going to wilt some I would just give them a week! :)

hey a new problem is developing. they are some clones from a friend he called them "purple indica" which was weird, but i have seen the nugs he grew and it looks like granddaddy purps. they are very yellow and bright green in the new veg growths, and are wrinkling up and looking mutated.

still the same happy frog with 2 part plus silica, aminos, kelp meal, and other organics.

Yea check for root aphids with a scope or put up sticky strips for fungus gnats. Both will cause your plants to look like that. I would imagine if you had 10 good harvests already then you understand how much to water them.

Could also be some other type of pest or root disease.(broad mites, pythium) From my experience when my plants would yellow out it was because the roots were infected. If you are going along fine for 10 harvests and then all of a sudden you have problems its most likely not that all of a sudden you are lacking skill at growing.

Beneficial bacteria innoculants like subcultureB can help alot to fight bad bacteria and pests. They are best added during transplant directly to where the root ball will sit.

good luck

S

SeaMaiden

The pH is WAAAAAYYY too high. You need to drop the water & feeding pH into the mid-6 range, 6.2-6.8 is the sweet range for soil growing.

Also, previous pix, possibly overwatering, but you should also acquaint yourself with VPD (vapor pressure deficit), because plants that are unhappy with VPD conditions also look just like what you previously depicted.

I also see an issue with phosphorous uptake & utilization. STOP USING CAL-MAG. It's not needed here, and I see nothing that indicates an issue with Ca or Mg on the plants photographed.

There is nothing about those plants that looks diseased, it all appears to be husbandry issues.

Stop using Cal-Mag.

thanks seamaiden!

nope i dont have fungas gnats.

its weird that it looks like high PH, i wonder if its the earthjuice ive been using.

i pH balance to 6.2 but i heard the earthjuice pH rises up...so that may be the issue and need to cut it out.

S

SeaMaiden

Do you just mix and feed, or do you let the feed set a while? I ask because in aquatics, pH bounce is a serious problem that kills. So I'm wondering if perhaps the feed is starting out at pH 6.2, and then bouncing shortly after mixing due to carbonates in the source water.

To be clear, I'm not saying "it looks like high pH," I'm saying that the appearance is of plants who do not care for the current pH parameters. I don't know if they're too high or too low for the plants in question, that needs to be played with. And, you want to be sure the pH isn't bouncing back up on you. HUGE difference between 6.2 and 7.5 from the perspective of a thing that's immersed in it.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
The first plants are over watered. Next transplant add 25-30% perlite, makes it very hard to overwater...

7.5 water has plenty of cal in it, no more cal mag.

Last plants look like they've been fed too much amino acid / growth stimutator. Go easy....

Btw, If you haven't been mixing and bubbling the earthjuice over night, you need to. It helps stablize it.

Good luck, BC

takkada

hey a new problem is developing. they are some clones from a friend he called them "purple indica" which was weird, but i have seen the nugs he grew and it looks like granddaddy purps. they are very yellow and bright green in the new veg growths, and are wrinkling up and looking mutated.

still the same happy frog with 2 part plus silica, aminos, kelp meal, and other organics.

check ph get down to 6.5 or so, and feed cal mag for any diffency, mutation should stop and your will snap out of it grow more vigerous. peace also go light on ferts.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
There is enough humus in happy frog that you don't need to even bother with the ph. Humates or humic acid will allow a plant to feed regardless of the ph. Gardening 101. So no need to chase yer tail trying to make the ph pefect. Besides its the plant that controls the PH in the rootzone when growing in soil anyway.

Also, if the PH of yer water is 7.5, its lime = calcium carbonate thats making it that high. So, no need to add any more. Esp when there is no signs of a cal or mag deficiencies to begin with. Its jus gonna fuck things up worse.

All this info is here at ICMag for the learning, all ya gadda do is read.

K.i.s.s. and try not to love em to death!.... lol BC

Last edited:

blaze02

im calling vpd issues. whats the humidity?

its hard to overfeed plants that small unless youve been dumping high strength nutes on them for weeks while they were stalled.

Latest posts

Latest posts