What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Grow setup

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks mate, yeah there were roots across the bottom, I have the nutes bubbling into the bottom of the net pot to encourage roots down into it.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Weekly update pic;
picture.php

She's grown a bit, had to raise the lights.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Weekly update pic.
picture.php
She's growing fast now, topped her the other day, side branches are already forming, there are roots hanging down from the net pot, removed 2 shade leaves that had yellowed, I bought a new pump, the seller of the DWC system is giving me the run around on the refund for the faulty pump.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Hi CoCo_LoCo the EC is 1.7 or 1200ppm which is high but the plant is loving it now that the roots are down in the nutes not just in the rockwool block, there is no more yellowing and no sign of nute burn.
The high ppm is due to the Great White beneficial bacteria and fungi as well as the Cyco Zyme enzyme additive and the molasses to feed them, the nute level is 1/5 of full strength as on the bottle or 2ml per liter.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Weekly update pic;
picture.php
She's grown a lot under the 2x 20W batten fix LED lights, I have just taken them out and she is now under the Phytomax 2 400.

gatts

Hey Frosty, plant seems to have picked up and is looking a bit healthier.

What seeds did you pop?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Hi gatts, she is looking a lot healthier now that her roots have grown down into the nutes.

The seed was Bruce Banner from ILGM.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks Brother Nature, she's starting to grow through the scrog net, I have now got a small clip on fan going blowing against her.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Weekly update pic;
picture.php

She's grown a fair bit in the last week, she's starting to fill out the scrog net, she has shown some rust spots on a couple of leaves but overall is healthy.
She's drinking about 2 liters a day.

Last edited:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Weekly update pic;
picture.php

She's grown a fair bit in the last week, another week and I will flip to 12/12, she is drinking 3 liters each day, no more calmag deficiency.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Vertical height is 45cm right up to the light, I probably could have had the scrog net lower, oh well next time I will get it right.

P

pongster

hey frosty, looking good there!
will you start bending the branches below the net yet? or tie them to the net?

best wishes!!!
:rasta:

BuzzBob56

Vertical height is 45cm right up to the light, I probably could have had the scrog net lower, oh well next time I will get it right.

Yikes! Definitely staying tuned in! This is gonna really interesting, fer sure! :lurk:

She sure is a healthy look'n Las, indeed!

SuperBadGrower

Looking good :) consider some defoliation or lollipopping on the inside of the plant, I can see some potential areas where a nasty microclimate may develop once those it starts flowering and transpiring even more. You can leave the outer leaves alone if you get rid of the big ones on the inside.

Right before the lights come on, check yuor plant, open up its structure with your hands and examine the places where leaves are touching and overlapping... if you find moisture on the part that was covered, that's what I'm talking about

You have only 45cm left, and the light cannot go higher? Or the light can still go higher?
If it cannot go higher you realistically have about 20cm of growth left. If that is the case, I'd top them vigorously and prune loads. I mean taking off the top 20-40cm.

I have done this to absolute EXTREMES.. if you send me a PM I can show you some pictures that will convince you that you can remove as much as 70% or 80% of the plant today, and start flowering in a week.

Sorry if Im preaching to the choir...

I know what its like to do your first grow and be confronted with all this shit about defoliation etc haha. I always just wanted to let them grow, no fuss. Mildew and bud rot are unforgiving teachers.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks for all the replies.
I decided to do something extreme and cut her down to half size to make more room for buds, I now have 55cm between the light and scrog net, here's a quick pic;
picture.php

And a quick pic showing the space for growth;
picture.php

I can't believe it my ph went up to 7.7 and ppm to over 3000, I flushed as best I could and redid the nutes, she still looks healthy.

Latest posts

Latest posts