What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Grow setup

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Got the clear plastic tubing, enough for the liquid level and also for a siphon pump for draining the nutrients.

Got a better air pump, the one supplied with the DWC kit was only 2L/m and the air stone was only 6cm across, the pump I got does 200L/m and is the quietest one.

Got the scrog net installed.

Got some growth nutes and some cal/mag, some ph up and down and some ph calibration fluid.

Put a seed in a baggy with some moist paper towel.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Got the air pump today, it's nice and powerful yet quiet and provides plenty of air for the air stone, the whole root zone will be aerated, gonna have to glue the air stone down as it floats even without air going through it.

Just waiting for the seed to pop up from the growwool block.

CoCo_LoCo

I run my 70 x 70 x 160 tent off of a 65w LED Quantum board. (Samsung LM301b diodes).

Purchased this light for ZAR1400 ( 136 Australian Dollars).

400w worth of quantum board would have cost you around 850 AUD.

Im sure its a good light but rather expensive.

Keen to see the results though.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks CoCo_LoCo, those are some nice plants in your signature.

Glued down the air stone and added an elbow to stop the air line from kinking.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I just got a great deal on 5L of Cyco Zyme for $96 delivered, it's an enzyme additive that converts complex sugars into simple sugars for the plants to uptake and also breaks down dead organic material such as roots into nutrients.[/FONT]

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Yay a seed finally germinated. :woohoo:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seedling is a Bruce Banner, the highest THC of any plant at 32%.

Last edited:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Bought 2 20W LED batten fix lights today, cost $100 but it will do for the seedling instead of the 420W LED grow light, should save $3 per day in electricity so it will pay for itself over the next 33 days.
Got them sitting on the scrog net a few inches from the plant.
picture.php

picture.php

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks CoCo_LoCo, it's cost me $2500 so far with another $350 to be spent on a Bluelab ph pen and a ph stabilizer gadget.

Here is the weekly update pic

picture.php

She's grown quite a bit, loving the LED lights, I'm giving her grow nutes at 1/10 strength with cal/mag at full strength (can only measure down to 1ml with my syringe) and ph'ed to about 5.5-5.8 (meter is dodgey), using a spray bottle every second day.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Received the ph balancer today;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Torus-H...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Used a discount code to get AU$20 off, only AU$200 posted.

The solution;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Torus-H...var=532838265716&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
AU$80 posted.

Also got a Bluelab ph pen for AU$100 posted;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BLUELAB...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The seller accepted my offer of AU$100.

Also got a Bluelab Truncheon for AU$121 posted;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Weekly update pic;
picture.php

Moved her into the DWC today, the pump doesn't work so I will have to water it each day until I get a replacement.

M

Mr.Boland

Excellent setup frosty nuggets. Was your rockwool full of roots
Before you transplanted into the hydro system