What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tripleberry F2 Testers by browntrout

starke

Update Flower Day 42

Update Flower Day 42

Today marks six weeks of 12/12 and I am finally back in Florida where I belong. Time for a full update:

The ladies have continued to build buds and are producing some impressive looking colas. Based on my feeding instructions while I was away the ladies have been overfed. Entirely my fault as the misses was following the numbers I gave her. Anyway, nutes have been adjusted with a one third reduction in N and a total ec of .6

Lady #12 has a large number of brown pistils but a check of the trichs with the loupe shows about 80 percent clear and maybe 20 percent cloudy. No signs of hermies anywhere so I'm thinking this pheno may be an early finisher. Anyone with any experience feel free to chime in.

Stem/Leaf rubs tell the following:

#3 Berry and Pine
#4 Pure Lysol
#10 Berry and Pine
#12 Berry and Light Skunk
#13 Skunk and Pine
#14 Light Berry and Skunk

Here are a few pics. The bud pics don't do the trich coverage justice. These ladies all have good sparkle:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Today marks six weeks of 12/12 and I am finally back in Florida where I belong. Time for a full update:

The ladies have continued to build buds and are producing some impressive looking colas. Based on my feeding instructions while I was away the ladies have been overfed. Entirely my fault as the misses was following the numbers I gave her. Anyway, nutes have been adjusted with a one third reduction in N and a total ec of .6

Lady #12 has a large number of brown pistils but a check of the trichs with the loupe shows about 80 percent clear and maybe 20 percent cloudy. No signs of hermies anywhere so I'm thinking this pheno may be an early finisher. Anyone with any experience feel free to chime in.

Stem/Leaf rubs tell the following:

#3 Berry and Pine
#4 Pure Lysol
#10 Berry and Pine
#12 Berry and Light Skunk
#13 Skunk and Pine
#14 Light Berry and Skunk

Here are a few pics. The bud pics don't do the trich coverage justice. These ladies all have good sparkle:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace,
starke

Looking good Starke nice job as usual:tiphat:

starke

Update Flower Day 49

Update Flower Day 49

Seven weeks into 12/12 today and plants #3 and #12 are begining to wind down. They will probably be harvested before this coming weekend. Trichs are mostly cloudy with a few ambers begining to show. The remaining ladies have a bit further to go. Flush is begining today with just ph 6.0 ro water at about .1ec from the well.

Here is a pic of the ladies before lights on this morning. After taking the pic I realized I was missing a cola on the plant in the back left corner. The cola had finally flopped over from it's own weight. These ladies all have good strong stems by the way. Staked her up and all is well:

picture.php

Here are some random bud pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

starke

Update Continued

Update Continued

...and a couple of experimental trich pics from a cheap wifi microscope I found on line:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

browntrout

Veteran
...and a couple of experimental trich pics from a cheap wifi microscope I found on line:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

Looking good Starke, things have come around quite a bit for you since early flower. Looking forward to next weeks update, let us know how they smell :tiphat:

PS. I am quite surprised there are no purple/pink phenos in your group, luck of the draw I guess.

starke

Intermediate Update

Intermediate Update

Plants #3 and #12 were harvested this morning. About 5% amber trichs on each. Plant #3's buds have added a big citrus note to the pine smell noted in the earlier stem rub. Plant #12's buds have increased the berry/floral scents and the light skunk is still present.

Had to also harvest the top six inches or so of one of the main colas on plant #13 due to spot of bud rot. Looks like it began where a dying sugar leaf grew out of the bud. Watching the other plants closely as all colas have fading/dying sugar leaves at this point.

All remaining plants are about 95% cloudy trichs with a few ambers beginning to show, so I will not hesitate to harvest if bud rot raises it's ugly head again.

Apologies for no pics but nothing really to show at this point.

starke

Weekly Update Day 56

Weekly Update Day 56

Spent the weekend out of town and returned yesterday afternoon to find small spots of bud rot on two more plants. Accordingly the four remaining plants were harvested yesterday and rough trimmed. They are now hanging. Plants #3 and #12 went from hanging into brown paper bags today.

Smell report in another couple of days.

picture.php

Peace,
starke

therevverend

Veteran
Grey mold is terrible. Things can get out of whack when you leave things unattended for a couple days.

Mine are growing so fast, the two biggest over 6 feet. The small one isn't really small it's so bushy. I took a picture of the Triberry next to my Burkle 2.0 for scale. It's crazy how they're almost the same size but look so different. The Burkle 2.0 is off the charts bushy, it's 5 feet tall and more then 5 feet wide!

picture.php

One more picture to scale, this time showing their two companions. The plant behind the Burkle 2.0 is Querkle x GDP, the plant behind the Triberry is Royal Kush.

picture.php

And here's the biggest Triberry. It's hasn't been long since the last pics but it's bushed out and grown up quite a bit. We've finally gotten some real ganja growing hot weather and they love it. Enjoying watching them fill in and try to catch up to the monsters. If I'd gotten them in the ground sooner they'd be really close.

picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Spent the weekend out of town and returned yesterday afternoon to find small spots of bud rot on two more plants. Accordingly the four remaining plants were harvested yesterday and rough trimmed. They are now hanging. Plants #3 and #12 went from hanging into brown paper bags today.

Smell report in another couple of days.

View Image

Peace,
starke

Nice haul starke.:good:
@therevverend nice one too ..

browntrout

Veteran
Grey mold is terrible. Things can get out of whack when you leave things unattended for a couple days.

Mine are growing so fast, the two biggest over 6 feet. The small one isn't really small it's so bushy. I took a picture of the Triberry next to my Burkle 2.0 for scale. It's crazy how they're almost the same size but look so different. The Burkle 2.0 is off the charts bushy, it's 5 feet tall and more then 5 feet wide!

View Image

One more picture to scale, this time showing their two companions. The plant behind the Burkle 2.0 is Querkle x GDP, the plant behind the Triberry is Royal Kush.

View Image

And here's the biggest Triberry. It's hasn't been long since the last pics but it's bushed out and grown up quite a bit. We've finally gotten some real ganja growing hot weather and they love it. Enjoying watching them fill in and try to catch up to the monsters. If I'd gotten them in the ground sooner they'd be really close.

View Image

Looks good! Not long before flowering starts. crazy what they will do some above 30C temps.

starke

Final Update

Final Update

So the harvest has been in jars for a minute although it is just now reaching curing humidity.

Plants #3 and #12 (the smallest plants and earliest finishing) continue to smell faintly like berries but have a more pronounced citrus note. Taste is unremarkable. Kind of earthy and skunky. High is nice, typical hybrid type.

Plant #4 has lost the lysol smell noted in the stem rub and is now pure skunk in the jar. Grinding the slightest amount will make someone ask where the skunk is in the room. Tastes like Louden Wainwright III's proverbial "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" and the high is uplifting and slightly racy at this point.

Plant #10 (second largest yielder) has very little nose in the jar. Faint earthy tones is about it. Taste is about like the smell and the high is nice but a touch on the sedative side.

Plant #13 (the largest producer) smells of pure guava to me. Think slightly rotten berries. Taste is berry that fades to funk. Nice uplifting high.

Plant #14 is pure berry and both smells so in the jar and tastes like berry at least halfway into a joint. A pleasure to smoke with a nice relaxing high. The definite keeper from this grow.

I did not weigh anything as this was not a grow to be proud of, but I am guessing around a pound and a half. Enough to keep the misses and I pleasantly buzzed. Thanks again to browntrout for the opportunity to test these babies. I may check this thread a couple more times but anyone with questions would do better to hit me up on pm.

Peace,
starke

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks for finishing the thread Starke, I'll have some more varieties or iterations of TB for you to try if you wish.

It is very hard to get folks that will actually finish a run regardless of issues.

Thanks,

starke

Thanks for finishing the thread Starke, I'll have some more varieties or iterations of TB for you to try if you wish.

It is very hard to get folks that will actually finish a run regardless of issues.

Thanks,

I would thoroughly enjoy testing your breeding efforts in the future. Plants #13 and 14 are keeper phenos in my book as they stand. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Peace,
starke