What's new

Single dwc bucket scrog setup questions

bobert

Hey guys!

I usually have problems with my ladies falling over once they start packing on some weight. I was thinking about making a single 5gal dwc bucket scrog to help hold it up.

On my recent grows I just ran a regular 5gal dwc and lifted the lid to check/add water. Would this be feasible with a screen fastened to the bucket lid? I would imagine it'd be heavy to lift with one hand and checking/adding water with the other hand.

The only other thing I could think of is connecting to a 2nd bucket to do my water add/check from there. Then hang a screen from the ceiling or mount it to the wall.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bobert

Thanks for your reply!

After reading a few journals of single buckets with a screen attached to the lid, I don't think that's what I'll do. The two bucket method I mentioned sounds like a better way to do it. Plus it'll help me cool the water down with ice bottles.

I have a good length of 1.5 inch schedule 40 white pvc laying around.

Is 1.5 inch ok to use or should I go bigger?

Would I need black pvc instead of white?

Since the buckets are round, I'll probably use a uniseal at the connections. Is that ok also?

Thanks again

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
bro, just use your imagination - dwc is fun like other styles, but just leep the limitatons it impose in mind during the grow and youll be fine

bobert

I appreciate your reply!

I've been doing dwc for a few years now but just haven't set up anything like a screen or connecting buckets together. I want to do it right the first time. So using the correct material seems pretty crucial to me.