What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CSI: HUMBOLDT - Mendocino Purple Urkle

smokeyla1

Awesome log and great grow! Found this on a search for some grape tasting and smelling strains after being disappointed in Querkle. Being on east coast can't say I've ever had anything with those terps so would you say its an unmistakable grape smell/taste? Or something you have to "search" for like wine affectionados who smell "hints of peaches and apricots" when all I smell is just wine lol.

bigherb

Veteran
Unmistakable is a good way of putting it or Exotic Grape funk from Erkle

During my last trip to Adam a Cali cat blessed me with a nug of erkle . The next day I went to DNA genetics seed shop on St Nicolstraat and grabbed a pack of purple wreck. Some of the best smoke I've experienced to date .Given praise by older heads cousins an uncles

considering Nspecta's experience with the cali Flame and his statement that Mendo purp humboldt Erkle are 2 of his favorites and my experience with Erkle I made sure these made it to the fam

1luvbigherb

billycw

Veteran
smokeyla1- I've popped packs of urkle X's, gorilla grape X's and grape ape X's, usually mixed with flavor of the day ogish type, never really found the grape funk like these have. First incross of sorts with the grape/purples I've tried so maybe that has amped up the smells a bit. Like bigherb said Unmistakable grape with deep skunk, some more on the candy side some on the perfume/floral side. The rest of the layers are secondary, hope that helps.

bigherb- nice grab, out of 7 running back 5 of the clones. I usually run back 1-3 in a clone run of a good pack. Nspecta always talked very highly of Mendo Purps, its deserved.

mellowfellow- Thanks, didn't get to snag a pack of those although that humboldt snow is a very interesting girl. Have a pack of Bubba's Girl I'll crack next full moon. I'm hoping he drops some X's with his mendo purps as the donor, would highly recommend being all over that if it happens.

bigherb

Veteran
Billycw

Killing it brother thanks for the updates

Tha 5 in 7 is crazy number of potentials , I'm sure smoke test will give a final decision

I know 4 anint a favorite you got any recent pics or updates . I'm seeing one like her thin long type pistils . Smaller but multiple bud sites with more branching then her sisters . I love the aromas they are intoxicating

I'm posted for the finish

1luvbigherb

MR_Falcon

Veteran
there's some sweet looking purples coming up in here. great documentation, not a lot of csi: threads out there. I've got 5 backwoods bubbas going into flower in a week or 2, got high:canabis: hopes... thanks for showing your grow.:tiphat:

Heusinomics

Fantastic work!!

I hadent checked in for a wile. And hot damn am I impressed!!
You really killed it on this run.

I was lucky enough to grow the urkel for several years and I atually was startled by that last pic of #6. It literally shocked me w the memories of the original cut!
I'm totally stoaked to see it even in pix, like a freaking unicorn! It makes me happy to kno more are out there.

Keep up the great work buddy.
Were all looking forward to the smoke reports ;D
Big ups respect and happy growing.

billycw

Veteran
MR_Falcon- Thanks, Nspecta's Bubba is as legit as they come, you should be looking at fire with her. I really thought there would be more doc's up by now of his work, I know he blows instagram up but I don't use that site at all.

Heusinomics- Thanks, I've searched a couple different lines looking for a good purple even a couple urkle X's, never really found what I was after. I think its safe to say there is one in here to fit the bill.

bigherb- Thanks, as for the non keepers in the bunch, 4 was pulled about 4-5 weeks in for throwing sacks. #5 is getting cut out of clone run, urkle dom but super slow, super small and weak compared to urk dom #2. #3 is on the fence, bomb head stash looking but real small and very similar to amped up version #1. Smoke test always cut the clones for me though, if all looks and smells nice. Like the force, the keepers are strong with this bunch:biggrin:

We are rounding into the home stretch, starting to flush. Would love to run these during the winter to really drop the temps. Day 59 update, I'll start with the non keeper #5.

Not going to make the cut. Just like #2 but less in every catagory.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#2 urkle dom day 59
Really plumped up very nicely and purpling at her own pace. Straight Candy Grape with a deep and I mean deep skunky funk. Will be the best yielder along with #6. She may be a couple days shy of 59 too think she's like 56 but keeping it simple for log.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#3 mix dom day 59
The girl thats on the fence just for size of yield. Quality is for sure there and may be kept for head stash jars. Reminds me of purple kush with its layers of smells of grape, perfume, floral & funky skunk. Real close match of #1
picture.php

picture.php

even lowers look nice
picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#1 mix dom day 59
amped up version of PK. Rose Purple golf balls covered in crystals. Super layered smells that I cant wait to taste. She's staying around for sure.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#7 mendo dom day 59
Purple from bud out, just dripping with trich's. Its the grapey candy perfume skunky funk that makes my mouth water that I'm excited about tasting.
picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#6 mendo dom day 59
Almost for sure keeper! Best smelling, and I mean in my garden. It really is super loud smack you in the face tart grape gobstopper syrup covering a funky skunk. Darkest purpling of the bunch and will yield one of the most too. Love her, worth every penny of the pack to find just her.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
I wasn't going to update until day 65 but #1 is off the charts. The shades of purple and layers of grape smells are beyond impressive in this line. I was originally planing for about 65 days, looks like I'll be right at 65-70 days. Overall yields will be smaller with these although #2 & #6 are average and all can be bushed to make up for it & quality is top notch. I have already started clone run with this line, smoke test will ultimately decide who's sticking around.

#2 urkle dom day 62
Candy Grape emanating from a deep skunk. Really plumped out and will be biggest yielding. Really starting to purple up nicely, great Urkle representation.
picture.php

picture.php

#3 mix dom day 62
grape perfume with layers of floral and skunk. Smaller girl but dense crusted nugs all with color.
picture.php

#7 mendo dom day 62
Right there with #6 as most purple, with color emanating from bud out. Again smells are amazing, layered candy grape with sweet floral skunk perfume.
picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#6 mendo dom day 62
Best smelling purple I've encountered. Just loud and catches you off guard when you smell her. Tart grape gobstopper syrup in a bathtub with a skunk soaking, taking off that human smell. She will yield out nicely with dense running nugs covering her entirety. Very dark purple shade, most purple of the bunch.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#1 aka flipper, mix dom day 62
This girl is finishing up first. She has the most amazing pink/rose color purple hue on a old school purple kush frame. Dense golfball sized nugs are just covered in a thick layer of trichs. The smells are the most perfume of the bunch, with a sweet grape like floral perfume sticking with whatever she touches having you explain to your lady its a plant.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ForTheLove

Veteran
Such a great grow show billycw, great descriptions, pics & them macro shots O'my!:p...lol

- A big thanks from me & all the other CSI Humboldt & dank, purp lovers out there!

PLR&£

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
another billycw thread!

:lurk:

I've been following the mendo purp on nspecta's IG. such beautiful flowers.

billycw

Veteran
ForTheLove- Thanks for the good vibes:biggrin: Always easier to pull the trigger on packs when you know whats inside. Best purples I've come across in seed form(pre smoke test).

heady blunts- Nspecta killed it with his big run of these, think he popped 100ish. Looks like he likes to photo the urkle leaners as far as his choice of pics but had a good mix thrown in. Some amazing girls to be found in this line for sure!

billycw

Veteran
Day 65 pics, taking them all down in the next 5 days or so with #3 & #1 coming down first. Mendo doms #6 & #7 will be a couple days and urkle doms #2 & #5 pushing 5. Smells are only intensifying with a nice flush some developing yet another hash/incense type layer to go along with a already stacked scent profile. Grape (both the candy and tart variety), penetrating perfume, sweet floral sugar syrup & deep skunk with purple funk are all in there filling the room with every touch. Low to average yields of perfectly dense purple nugs.

This is my first experience with Feminized seeds, very positive so far although I do like knowing I can f2 and search later on. For a production or headstash purple line to hold and love, this might be the line with great examples of purples with enough slight variation in growth and scents to keep multiples in a pack.

Time to see those purple flowers...

giphy.gif

#7 mendo dom day 65
amazing smells with grape skunk and layers of perfume, sweet floral and incense. Almost completely purple buds working its color inside out.
picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#2 urkle dom day 65
This one is really finishing nice with purple seeping in. Smells are straight candy grape with a deep penetrating purple skunk backing. Buds bulked out nicely enough to make her a average yielder given the proper veg time. Really good bubbly urkle example.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts