What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hex Signs

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
When I lived in Pennsylvania, I saw lots of hex signs on the sides of barns. You don't see too many in Ohio, so I made three of my own to put on our lawn equipment shed.

Distelfink: Good luck and happiness.

Double Distelfink: Love and happiness in marriage.

Double Unicorn: Harmony, peace, & contentment.

I painted the 2nd and 3rd ones myself. My grandson painted the 1st one after I sketched it in for him. (I also did a bit of touch up on it after he was done)

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Thank you.

Heh, there's an Amish farm about 1/4 mile up the road. Their horse and buggy makes my dog go ballistic. She thinks she wants a piece of that horse. I keep telling her that horse would send her to doggie coma heaven without breaking a sweat.

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Finally got them up on the shed this morning. Here's what they look like mounted:

Attachments

• IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 47

JVonChron

so is this similar in tradition to the geodesic looking pattern art looking things in that same position but on peoples barn. saw a lot of barns out west with each having a unique pattern. they were cool painted patterns opposed to the hex art with actual pictures and such. anyone know what im talkin about?