What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TnT Lab Genetics CFF3k-Semi Auto!

Dakine

Veteran
Hey everyone. I just received some new genetics and got A Semi Auto Strain as well. The Strain ill be showing&growing in this thread is CFF3k,
(C99 x Fast Freeze) x (Blueberry Headband x 3kings/AKA BHB3k).

I will be germinating 3-4 to start off with, as im also germinating some of TnT Labs other great genetics. The CFF3k will be vegging under CFL&LED Bulbs the first 1-2 weeks above soil. Then transplanted into there finishing pots and vegged under A 400Watt MH under 24/0 lighting for the next 2-3 weeks. Once that is done they will be put outside to grow at there own pace.

For the germination stage they will be in A Soil Mix of 1/2 Light Warrior & 1/2 FFOF. For the 2nd and last transplant they will be put with FFOF Soil mix that ive let sit out for 3 weeks mixed with A little Blood&Bone Meal,Crushed/Powdered Oyster Shells, and some Perlite. That ive watered with Unsulphered Black Strap Molasses..

Ive soaked the seeds in regular tap water, and in under 20 hours 3 seeds where still floating with little roots poping out. Except for 1 CFF3k that was still not cracked open.

Thanks for stopping by everyone, please let me know if you have any advice for me! :thank you:

TnTLabs

great stuff... nice to see this on the go.. should yield some candy smelling goodness!
bless

Dakine

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by you guys.

For this grow I think ill be using Dyna-Gro Grow, and Bloom products. I was also going to use Pro-Tekt but I already have RAW-Potassium so ill be using that instead of the Pro-Tekt..

For the vegging stage im going to only be using Dyna-Gro Grow at half strength for a 1 gallon mix with a little less then 1tsp of Unsulphered Black Strap Molasses. I might also add Great White in the beginning for a few feedings to help with the microbes/micro nutrients. I can always add more nutrients if needed but id rather have less then to much.

I just planted the seeds into there germination pots. 1 seed is still soaking/floating at the top. Im going to wait till she cracks open to plant.

TnTLabs

Thanks for stopping by you guys.

For this grow I think ill be using Dyna-Gro Grow, and Bloom products. I was also going to use Pro-Tekt but I already have RAW-Potassium so ill be using that instead of the Pro-Tekt..

For the vegging stage im going to only be using Dyna-Gro Grow at half strength for a 1 gallon mix with a little less then 1tsp of Unsulphered Black Strap Molasses. I might also add Great White in the beginning for a few feedings to help with the microbes/micro nutrients. I can always add more nutrients if needed but id rather have less then to much.

I just planted the seeds into there germination pots. 1 seed is still soaking/floating at the top. Im going to wait till she cracks open to plant.

sounds good... yeah give them all some Great White and molasses, that will boost the soil life! i wouldnt wait till the seed cracks.. max 36hrs in water i say.. then into soil either way, otherwise it will die
good luck

Dakine

Veteran
Small Update.

Small Update.

Hey Slip, glad you could make it! The Semi Autos will be germed inside but finished outside. Stop by in the other thread im going to make to find out about the other TnT Strains!

TntLabs-Alright ill give everything the Great white and BSM. I wanted to make a good enviroment for the roots and not just the areas above the soil lol. Any other tips on nutrients for the microbe world?

So just to say first, im going to be starting another thread later tonight for the other 3 strains im growing from TnT(Teas N Trees) Labs Genetics. So feel free to stop by if you have the time.

So right now 2/3 seeds of the CFF3k have popped above soil.. Im going to give the 3rd seed longer to pop up if she wants to. The 2 that have popped up are in the back right of the pic, in the cut germination tray with the 2 seedlngs. 1 popped up yesterday and the small 1 on right popped up sometime today.

So while these girls get settled in. I was thinking about making A raised soil bed if I have the time. So they wont have to live there short lives in pots.

The area I want to do is 3ft long,2ft&2inch wide,and 2ft tall.. As you can see in the pic, the soil is well below the top of where the soil line should be.

I want to block the end off with cinderblocks/Bricks right before the small tea leaves are growing. Where I have the reinforcment steel is where I want to end the soil bed. I would take out 1ft of the old soil and loosen the very bottom up, and mix it with 1ft of outdoor soil I Dug up and have been preparing with some nutrients and perlite for the past months. I would then fill in the top 10-12inches left with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil.

The purpose of raising the soil line from where it currently is, is because any plants in there would get an extra 2-3hours of direct sunlight rather then being in bright shade towards night time.

Let me know what you guys think about the raised soil bed, and if you have any other tips or advice for me.

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
So right now the first 2 I put under soil have popped up, but the 1 on the right isnt looking to good. I am still waiting for the 3rd one I put into soil about 2 days ago. But just incase I soaked another seed for 18hours and put it into soil. Im gonna give everything 1-2 weeks before I try to germinate more seeds.

TnTLabs

So right now the first 2 I put under soil have popped up, but the 1 on the right isnt looking to good. I am still waiting for the 3rd one I put into soil about 2 days ago. But just incase I soaked another seed for 18hours and put it into soil. Im gonna give everything 1-2 weeks before I try to germinate more seeds.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0964.jpg]View Image[/URL]

heya,
hard to tell by the pic, but yeah the one on the right looks hut...
did you pull off the shell?
bless

Dakine

Veteran
No sir, the only ones that needed help with there shells are the 2 Amk3k seeds. No other seeds needed any assistants..

Its pretty amazing, but the 1 CFF3k thats doing really well, was almost one of the last to pop above the soil.. But she is 3-4x bigger then all of the others above soil.

Dakine

Veteran
So after seeing the pots that had this outdoor soil on the bottom of the pots and FFOF at the top. I'm not to sure about using the old dirt, even if it's at the bottom of the soil bed.. Pics are in my new grow in signature.. The roots couldn't even break into the dirt at all..

I might have to just use 3-4bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forest, 1-Bag of Light warrior to mix at the top,1-Bag of Perlite, and some Earth Worm Castings with about 20-40 worms.. Maybe I could use the outdoor dirt at the bottom of the bed to use just to gain some height?...

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas.. we have about 3 more weeks till I put the CFF3k outside..I can always put them in pots for this first run and get the raised bed ready in the mean time..

Dakine

Veteran
So the other 2 seeds havent popped up yet, and I dont want to dig to try and look and I end up disturbing them.. 1 of the seeds cracked open when soaking, the other seed didnt crack open and wouldnt sink even if I pressed it under the water lol...

BUT the girl that did pop up, is Awesome! She was one of the last to pop up out of all the genetics from TnT Labs that I germinated, BUT she has the biggest leaves already. Maybe her Semi-Auto Traits arent recessive like I thought and the Auto in her is showing itself strongly!

This girl and the other TnT Strains are all 6-8 inches away from the 400watt MH Bulb thats on the 250watt setting., and 4inches away from the 14watt Screw in LEDs that I have pointing at the seedlings from the side/at an angle.. I wanted to point the LEDs directly from above, but they where blocking the light from the MH bulb since the LEDs are in Screw-In Reflectors

Heres this Vigorous Young'n- CFF3k 8Days from Initial Soak

I was also thinking about the Outdoor Raised Bed earlier today.. Im also thinking about the option to make it A No-Till Bed. I wont really have to change much, I think I would only have to add more things to it.. I've never done A No-till grow though.. Besides using the same areas I grow Fruits,Veggies, and Herbs..

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If "semi-auto" or auto, they need to be transplanted to larger bed or container....soon! Roots don't like small contained areas.

So, semi auto meaning ~ 25% will be auto, 75%+- photo?

TnTLabs

If "semi-auto" or auto, they need to be transplanted to larger bed or container....soon! Roots don't like small contained areas.

So, semi auto meaning ~ 25% will be auto, 75%+- photo?

Hey Aridbud,
yeah from what i gathered, from my very limited experience with these semi autos, is they will start flowering when root bound.
So my advise was to up pot into the flowering containers in about a weeks time.
yes.. 25% / 75%.. so i guess with some phenos more, some less auto leaning
:thank you:

Dakine

Veteran
Hey Ari and Tnt!

Ari the plan was to germinate in something super small. Once they where above soil, we would let them get there roots settled for 1 week maximum. Then we transplant into the pot that its going to finish in..

Sounds like a good plan to me lol.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, our 10 yr. experience changing photos to autos....a generational process....they don't liked cramped root space....stunts them and takes longer to return, due to the slow down in growth.

Dakine

Veteran
You mustve put in alot of effort and time to create/introduce high potency,good yeilding, and new grower friendly Autos! Gotta give you props and my thanks. Without growers like you, I think after Lowryder was released 10+ years ago, Autos might have gone into history without anyone working to bring them back..

Also do you think 1week after popping above soil, is to long to be in those germination trays? I thought it wouldve been better then germinating into there finishing pots..

TnTLabs

You mustve put in alot of effort and time to create/introduce high potency,good yeilding, and new grower friendly Autos! Gotta give you props and my thanks. Without growers like you, I think after Lowryder was released 10+ years ago, Autos might have gone into history without anyone working to bring them back..

Also do you think 1week after popping above soil, is to long to be in those germination trays? I thought it wouldve been better then germinating into there finishing pots..

those germintion pots are small.. so maybe after 4-5 days max..
i normaly germinate in a solo cup.. that gives me about a week