What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Palm Beach County Commissioners have voted to decriminalize marijuana

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VIDEO ALSO AT LINK

With a 4 to 1 vote Tuesday, Palm Beach County followed in the footsteps of cities like West Palm Beach and Miami Beach and decriminalized pot.
PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. - UPDATED STORY:
With a 4 to 1 vote Tuesday, Palm Beach County followed in the footsteps of cities like West Palm Beach and Miami Beach and decriminalized pot.
<IFRAME id=google_ads_iframe_/6088/ssp.WPTV/news//region_c_palm_beach_county//detail_4 style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; border-image: none" height=1 marginHeight=0 src="javascript<b></b>:"<html><body style='background:transparent'></body></html>"" frameBorder=0 width=3 name=google_ads_iframe_/6088/ssp.WPTV/news//region_c_palm_beach_county//detail_4 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME>
"We have to understand that we cannot legislate and lock up everybody for everything they do," commissioner Priscilla Taylor said at Tuesday's commission meeting.
Commissioner Steven Abrams also supported the ordinance.
"For someone who is caught with a small amount of marijuana, I think it's worth it in order to not mess up that person's life," he says
This ordinance doesn't legalize marijuana - it just reduces the penalties for those caught with it.
It gives law enforcement an alternative - rather than make an arrest, now they can give a $100 fine.
http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...sioners-have-voted-to-decriminalize-marijuana

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One small step.... If you were found growing I bet you would be a felony bust though.

Last time I visited Florida no one cared I smoked joints in the bar it was encouraged. Seems like the folk for the most part want it but are heavily oppressed by all the lobbying that goes on down there for the private prison system, police, pharma, etc. I am AMAZED to see this actually happen. Logic and economics eventually prevail? Such a sound answer too: "we dont want to ruin lives over weed" THANK YOU

...the moment you realize your entire life will be a subtle war revolving around A Plant...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
now they can hit up the spring breakers and make some dough...yeehaw..will they have pot police just writing tickets like meter maids?????? ...follow their nose..i left florida to come to cali because of the harsh laws and the cops were on to me and it was just a matter of time before they caught me slippin...decrim is better than the old ways...

Latest posts

Latest posts