What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California Medical Association backs recreational pot plan

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SACRAMENTO – California’s largest organization of practicing physicians is backing a proposed ballot initiative to legalize the recreational use of marijuana.
The California Medical Association announced Monday that its board voted to support a 2016 initiative backed by billionaire technology investor Sean Parker.
Spokeswoman Molly Weedn says the medical association is most interested in provisions of the proposal that would expand marijuana research.
The group has also supported legalizing medical marijuana, although it disapproves of physicians playing gatekeeper for public access to the drug. CMA says its members believe control, tracking and regulation of pot will help protect public health.
A coalition of entrepreneurs, activists, environmentalists and state politicians are backing the initiative.
Initiative supporters have until July 5 to collect nearly 366,000 signatures to qualify for the November ballot.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/medical-702372-initiative-california.html

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CMA says its members believe control, tracking and regulation of pot will help protect public health.

As long as they're only attempting to regulate "COMMERCE" then all is good. The moment they attempt to regulate individuals, all bets are off.

I'm happy to see they support "peoples choices".

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
rec will ruin things....its good the way it is..so you pay like 25$ a year for docs rec..,,and I have yet to hear of anyone getting rejected from a pot doc....,.way better than what happens when rec passes......once rec happens the state will really take over,more regulations ,liscenses,taxes and homegrowers will be fucked...weed will become more regulated and taxed than tobacco and alcohol...cities will ban growing and force peeps to have to buy from a dispensary...last place I lived national city banned all growing ..inside or out .....everyone will be herded like sheep to the pot store to generate much needed tax money for the state......MARK MY FUCKING WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..I am going back underground and will break every new law they make....yeehaw..you heard it here first folks