What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thoughts on weed jobs in Cali

S

sativaking

Thinking of moving to Cali and putting some of the knowledge i've gained to use. Anybody have any opinions on the chances of getting a job in a dispensary or on a farm out there. Dangerous...dried up (like most jobs are taken)....anything at all is welcome. :)

Last edited:
T

TrueReligion

Just about all of my friends have had a job at a dp now its pretty easy just be friendly not overlyeager

I'd get a regular job at the same time possibly grow if you have enough to run a cycle.
Easy way to get yourself closer to the shop too

GrowingFurthur

There's established cultivations looking for experienced growers on craigslist. Most want a resume with references. Really got to know your stuff for most the places. I'd start off in the industry wherever you can and start forming a canna-industry network around that.

Anna Bella

GrowDiaries is hiring!

If you know somebody who meets the requirements, please let us know. There's a hunter's fee for you.

Here you can see a short description about who we are, and what we do:

Marijuana Marketing Manager Freelancer is needed:

- general marketing strategy

- media plan implementation

- SMM strategy
- content strategy

- SEO keywords strategy

- copywriting

- public relations

- creative position

Marijuana Videoblogger Freelancer

- content strategizing & generation of ideas

- copywriting

- video production

- creative position

About positions:
- small antifragile team

- great conquest agenda

- free schedule, remote positions

- fast growth based on performance

We will be happy to hear from you at: info@growdiaries.com
 or 
growdiaries.com/contact

A

acdc

GrowDiaries is hiring!

If you know somebody who meets the requirements, please let us know. There's a hunter's fee for you.

Here you can see a short description about who we are, and what we do:

Marijuana Marketing Manager Freelancer is needed:

- general marketing strategy

- media plan implementation

- SMM strategy
- content strategy

- SEO keywords strategy

- copywriting

- public relations

- creative position

Marijuana Videoblogger Freelancer

- content strategizing & generation of ideas

- copywriting

- video production

- creative position

About positions:
- small antifragile team

- great conquest agenda

- free schedule, remote positions

- fast growth based on performance

We will be happy to hear from you at: info@growdiaries.com
 or 
growdiaries.com/contact

put me forward and lester

NOT:biggrin:

packerfan79

Veteran
Might work in nor cal where the local government hasn't tried to shut medical down at every turn. If you are a sexy woman who doesn't mind showing some skin. Most dispensary workers are friends or they are suppliers. Just be prepared that you will probably have to live in your mom's basement.you take a big hit in the pay department, to work in the cool industry. Many shops will only pay you in product. I know a couple guys who run a 100 light warehouse for 4 ounces per week. 2 people do all the work,except trimming. 60 plus hours a week for 600 in weed = 10 bucks an hour no overtime pay. Bonuses if you break 2 pounds a light, which most warehouses will never do. Oh, and you are not present for the weigh in, so you never get the bonus. I find it entertaining that kids working at taco bell make more money, and don't risk tax evasion charges. Meanwhile the owners spend 2 months a year in their condo in Maui.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
It is best if you know people in the industry. Two of my kids live in Humboldt. My daughter just moved back there last week. She gets a house on a large beautiful pot ranch that is powered by both solar and water turbine. free power. Her rent is 40 hours work per month. The landlord is already lining her and her boyfriend up with good paying side jobs with other nearby neighbors and growers. There is cleaning, plant care, and picking off lower leaves, watering etc, and assembling large green houses.
My son is the grow foreman, and also cleaning crew supervisor. He doesn't clean, he just watches the cleaners, and prepares vegan snacks and meals. beverages for them. He gets $25 and hour for how ever many hours he wants to work. Its cash.

Davesnothere420

Might work in nor cal where the local government hasn't tried to shut medical down at every turn. If you are a sexy woman who doesn't mind showing some skin. Most dispensary workers are friends or they are suppliers. Just be prepared that you will probably have to live in your mom's basement.you take a big hit in the pay department, to work in the cool industry. Many shops will only pay you in product. I know a couple guys who run a 100 light warehouse for 4 ounces per week. 2 people do all the work,except trimming. 60 plus hours a week for 600 in weed = 10 bucks an hour no overtime pay. Bonuses if you break 2 pounds a light, which most warehouses will never do. Oh, and you are not present for the weigh in, so you never get the bonus. I find it entertaining that kids working at taco bell make more money, and don't risk tax evasion charges. Meanwhile the owners spend 2 months a year in their condo in Maui.

that sounds like slavery to me