What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IS IT GOOD TO GO IN OHIO FOR 2016

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
According to google the bill passed, but why the fuck would you want to move to that shithole state? I mean damn there's so many better places with med laws.

Betterhaff

Veteran
The legislature is trying to circumvent a ballot measure by passing a MMJ bill that's hideous. It passed in the House, I think it's still in the Senate. No growing, no smoking, only vape and edibles. And for limited medical conditions. Not sure of the status of the ballot initiatives.

arizona45631

YES, I know Ohio is a Shithole

YES, I know Ohio is a Shithole

I Know Ohio is a Shithole, But I am in 45631 for now, where you at, I would like to go to north CA. ---But I don't know anyone out there =========THANK YOU-============:biggrin:

The legislature is trying to circumvent a ballot measure by passing a MMJ bill that's hideous. It passed in the House, I think it's still in the Senate. No growing, no smoking, only vape and edibles. And for limited medical conditions. Not sure of the status of the ballot initiatives.

Yeah, the terms they came up with are rediculous. Proves they are just looking for the big corp money....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what is the ohio bill number? if you READ about the bill, actually read the bill itself (its law if it has been signed by senate, house AND governor, but may have time restraints for when the law actually comes into effect).
ifyou tell me the OH bill number i can help a lil....

if you can't do these things, it's prolly not a good idea to get in on the ground floor and try being ahead of the game (unless you are ready to defend your medical necessity in court, with you recommending doctor by your side).
just my 2 cents.

imo, ohio aint the place, and norcal prolly ain't either anymore.... and MI is just around the corner from OH, ain't it?
in terms of re-location, you really don't NEED to know anyone in the place you are going to, just a can-do attitude and some "failure is not an option" mentality going for you......

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the links better half, after looking at them my official point of view is :
the ohio bill is a true loser, would not provide any patients true safe legal access imo.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Even though Jesse Ventura can be a nut job at times he makes some good points in this commentary.

“Ohio's recent "legalization" of medical marijuana is by far the most pathetic I've seen thus far. Ohio's House Bill 523 (which was passed on May 26), only legalizes non-smokeable marijuana. And, when it comes to drug tests at work, medical marijuana patients have no protection. They can be fired for violating a "drug-free workplace policy" if marijuana is found in their systems during a drug screening (which also would make them ineligible for unemployment benefits).

Hypothetically, as an approved medical marijuana patient in Ohio, I can take a medication that can drastically help my condition and then lose my job, or I can go on suffering and keep my job and therefore be able to support my family. See how House Bill 523 doesn't actually legalize anything?

Lawmakers estimate it will take anywhere between two months and two years to set up and implement all the asinine rules associated with this bill. So when the media reported that Ohio legalized marijuana, that means Ohio residents won't actually be able to get medical marijuana cards or legally ingest it until possibly two years from now!”

Although the drug testing part is pretty much universal in all Medical states due to Federal scheduling, I believe that's the point he is making.

Read the rest of the article for additional points.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/09/if-p...line|story&par=yahoo&doc=103700557&yptr=yahoo

LifeLess

Veteran
Hooker? Thief? Thnx Waxy. But for the right price you never know :mooning:
Did we get a choice? I missed it

HatchBrew

Veteran
It's a joke. Grew in OH as long as I could. Moved to CA to stop the walking nightmares. Life is great love living it.

sativa92

They have revised it little bit.. Your allowed plant material(just cant smoke it) Which is just one more loophole in the writing

Latest posts

Latest posts