What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California Drug Enforcer Caught W/Marijuana in Pennsylvania

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A deputy sheriff who works for an anti-narcotics task force in Northern California found himself swept up in a $2 million marijuana arrest in Pennsylvania last week. The authorities are now trying to determine if any of the cases he worked on have been tainted.
According to a criminal complaint, Christopher M. Heath, the deputy, and another man, Tyler Long, 31, drove across the country to deliver more than 122 packages of marijuana to a person in West Manheim Township, Pa.
But investigators had been tipped off, and they stopped the car at around midnight on Dec. 28. The pair were arrested, along with a third man in another vehicle, identified as Ryan J. Falsone, 27.
In addition to the marijuana and $11,000 in cash, the authorities found Deputy Heath’s badge and his duty firearm, David Sunday, the York County chief deputy prosecutor, said in a telephone interview on Tuesday.
The Pennsylvania officers did not know before the arrest that Deputy Heath, 37, worked in law enforcement, he said.
Details about the drug bust were announced byTom Kearney, the York County district attorney, on Monday and reported in local newspapers.
06xp-marijuana-web-02-master315-v2.jpg

An undated photo of Christopher M. Heath. Credit York County Prison “One has to be both saddened and angry when you hear of something like this,” Mr. Kearney said, according to The Evening Sun of Hanover. “The work that is done by the task force and police officers in general is very dangerous work, and it is made more dangerous by the fact that occasionally there is a bad apple in the barrel.”
The three men were arrested on felony drug charges and each posted $1 million bail, Mr. Sunday said.
Mr. Sunday said the marijuana packages altogether weighed more than 240 pounds and had a street value of more than $2 million.
The arrest means that authorities are now reviewing drug cases in at least two counties in northern California to see whether they have been compromised.
Yuba County is north of Sacramento, and marijuana growing has been a hot political issue. Early in 2015, the county board of supervisors put limits on cultivation, over substantial protests from some residents and support from others opposed to criminality around the drug business.
As part of the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department, Deputy Heath has worked on a task force known as NET-5, which targets illegal drug use, possession, manufacturing and sales. He worked on the task force for three years, which also serves Sutter County, investigating crimes and serving as a witness, including in at least one major federal case.
The Appeal-Democrat newspaper quoted the unit’s commander, Martin Horan, as saying that he had led at least 62 criminal cases, many of them related to marijuana.
The district attorney in Yuba County, Patrick McGrath, said he is now reviewing all the cases in which Deputy Heath had an investigative role to see if they were still viable.
“If Heath’s work was witnessed or can be otherwise credibly covered by the testimony of another investigator, the case may not be significantly impacted,” he said in an emailed statement. “In other situations, the case may be tainted to such a degree that we cannot proceed and the case will be dismissed.”
The Sutter County District Attorney, Amanda Hopper, could not immediately be reached for comment.
The paper reported that the deputy had been placed on leave but would continue to receive his salary during the administrative investigation.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/us/california-drug-enforcer-caught-with-marijuana-in-pennsylvania.html?_r=0

Last edited by a moderator:

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
The occasional bad apple.

This caught my eye too. If he thinks this is "occasional bad apple", he's ignoring the entire rotting orchard.

Typical cop bullshit - throw US in the snake pit prison system, but not above using their position to move a few hundred pounds of herb while carrying badge & gun.

$5 says he pleads to misdemeanor & is allowed to quit.

soserthc1

Bust some Schmoes in Cali let them roll and keep there trees
Drive those bad boys across the country to pa. Doubling there value on the way
Sounds like a nice little caper that's why I could never be a cop
That's the kinda shit I'd do

TheFuzz

This caught my eye too. If he thinks this is "occasional bad apple", he's ignoring the entire rotting orchard.

Typical cop bullshit - throw US in the snake pit prison system, but not above using their position to move a few hundred pounds of herb while carrying badge & gun.

$5 says he pleads to misdemeanor & is allowed to quit.

Is the sun gonna come up tomorrow..? Yeah.. He'll be allowed to quit with just a paper cut... Pa is the 5th most corrupt state in the union..

Wendull C.

Veteran
I would bet my hanging harvest he ripped that shit off from a poor grower or two just trying to feed their kids and maybe pay off a piece of land.

That fucker should be hung with a slip knot.

Yup...I say he's dirty. Like soserthc1 and wendell said it's most likely stolen product from his numerous busts that never quite made it into evidence room. Drive it 3500 miles east and dump it for more than twice the street value on west coast. Brilliant plan until you got caught muther fucker. He will probably walk Scott free I'm sure he will play the deep cover card...wait and see....

George

Old post but since it's been bumped...$8300 pack lol ok.

nice to see a cop getting screwed by their own "street pricing"

Easy7

Veteran
Sounded like kilo packs. Those prices for a kilo of Humboldt herb is a bit of a break. $100 lower per kilo.

Prices are always high midwest through appalachia.

Ghostin

Even authorities are just people and having a badge or a fancy government title doesn't mean they are flawless in their actions or beliefs. That being said, I think we should be way tougher on corrupt police/authorities than civilians. Where are the watchers who watch the watchers...oh wait there aren't any. Hmm..

MCGold

Nope he quit his job and was sentenced to 120 months or 10 years. It didn't mention chance for parole nor if he would be in club fed or what type of jail he would be in.

Bud Chopper

Nope he quit his job and was sentenced to 120 months or 10 years. It didn't mention chance for parole nor if he would be in club fed or what type of jail he would be in.

won`t do 10 just sound`s harsh, early release probably. hey i`m trying for 50

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Being so corrupt, he was probably making anonymous calls to move his competition out the way. He was properly entrenched, not paid to look away and provide intel. His position in intelligence is very questionable, when he's doing the running himself. He was living the wrong movie.

Latest posts

Latest posts