What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is creeping cannabis a myth?

I heard somewhere, I think some cannabis book describing genetics, that there is supposedly cannabis in Japan that creeps along the ground like a vine. Is this true? Imagine that, growing pot in a hanging basket! Seriously though, that would make for a great stealth plant, this "creeper" crossed with Ducksfoot to change the look of the leaf, and then backcrossed to a potent outdoor strain as much as necessary to boost potency to an acceptable level. So does this exist or is it just a myth?

I hear that by graphing a cannabis plant and a Hops plant, theoretically its possible to create one that grows like a vine.

If its true or not, I do not know. No one has attempted it, or that I know of, but from what I read its theoretically possible since cannabis and hops are like, close enough related to each other for it to work.

G

CS, I've also heard of these vine like strains, purportedly from Korea. If you heard they are in Japan aswell, then they probably do exist as the geographical proximity of the 2 countries could mean that they are native to that region. I was also very interested when I first read about these strains but I have yet to fiind any more info concerning them. Just imagine the hybridisation possibilities...

G

I haven't read of one, but I'm not done reading the strain guide either. That would be very cool if it does exist. Bonsai in the making, and very stealthy.

Read through the Asia guide perhaps.

http://www.freewebs.com/bsdwolf/strain_base.zip

strain_base\SB1_NewWorld.pdf
strain_base\SB2_Europe.pdf
strain_base\SB3_Asia.pdf
strain_base\SB4_Africa.pdf

Last edited:
G

you can literally do that w/ almost any strain....although not "naturally" (I'd like to see a natural version of that if it exists)

....by using some pretty extensive training methods from pretty much day (1) you could keep the plant pretty damn low, and "vinelike".

I'm sure that I could keep what would be a 10 foot tall plant under 2 feet if i stayed on top of the training/staking it every day or two. ...the ground spcae it would end up covering would be another story.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Yeah, but harveting it might be like something out of 'Little Shop of Horrors' :D

NightFire

The creeping vine like pot was reported by Ed Rosenthal also. However, the low profile gene is passive. If crossed with a plant that isn't a creeper style it will grow like a normal plant.

Storm Crow

Veteran
Want to be rich?

Want to be rich?

Somewhere online I once saw a photo of a horizontally growing, (claimed to be) untrained plant, so apparently they do exist. And Nightfire, the term is recessive. What this means is that the normal growth trait hides the vine trait. Now listen up, kids! If you get a vine plant, breed it, male or female, to the best plant you can find. The vine trait is hidden in all the seeds that it parents! Plant the seeds- they'll all be tall. If you cross those tall plants from the seeds that had a vine parent, the next generation will have about 1/4 TRUE BREEDING vine plants with a good chance of being great smoke! Pick your parents for a few generations and you have a strain and you're rich, supplying the world with the new "Stealth" line of plants. You'd have about 2 or 3 years before LEO caught on. We need to preserve the mutant plants- the single blade leaves, webbed leaves, vining, odd colors, smooth leaf edges, anything odd! By combining them we can create undetectable plants. Cooperate- Jack's got a single blade plant and Joe's got this vining male- you guys should work together! Not just say "that's weird" and toss the plant! Imagine a purple leaved, single bladed vine- would LEO be looking for that??? Why you could even give your Momma one and she'd love it and think you're a sweet boy! :chin: If you do get something really odd looking, you might want to tell a breeder about it. I don't know if anyone would buy it from you, but barter it for good seeds? Maybe... OK, end of this old lady's ramblings.

Diego

The thai that was crossed with trainwreck that Billygoat made called oriental express had a vine looking charachteristic. I remember it seeming every inch had a branch that would branch that would branch all nugs just growing every which way. Quite interesting looking to say the least. Cant find any pics, think it was originally on overgrow not sure where I saw them at. Ask around somebody may have some

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I have only seen one strain that would work that like and the grower who said he had it never really went passed the first pics he posted which most called bullshit. I would love a creeper weed strain but sure as hell wouldn't have it near the ground lol.

I would run that in lattice roof and be able to pic buds above my head while keeping the sun off my patio.

Latest posts

Latest posts