What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hot sauce junkies

ToKEN said:
got chili peppers, jalapenos, and habaneros planted. anyone else growin any peppers and plannin on makin some hot sauce with them? I hope so, makin your own hot sauce is the way to go.

I'll post my recipes when they're all done.
I got 5 kinds of peppers growing. Jalepeno is my hotest. Got a sauce recipe?

Dallas Stars is the way to go...:D

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
man fuck the stars haha.

yeah I got a few recipes, but mostly I just wing it with some vinegar, cajun seasoning, salt and garlic. maybe add a little bit of something else...depends how high I am.

you know you cant/shouldnt use the same soil for other plants after you grow jalapenos in it.

rootfingers

JohnnyATL said:
I met a Belize Yacht captain in south mexico, and I gave him some weed for a little money and a bottle of carrot hot sauce. It was by far the best stuff i have had. cant remember the name, my mexican friend dropped the bottle one night when we were drinking.

I love hot stuff especially hot foods and sauces

that hot sauce you mention is called Marie Sharp's. It is fantastic and one of my favorites, kinda hard to find sometimes though. Same guy that turned me on to Marie Sharp's also got me started on Bustello's. This guy, Bustello, is making hot sauce in Sonoma Co. CA and ages it in oak wine barrels for a few years before sale. Impossible to find but if you do buy the store out and send one my way.

Last edited:

melty

Megadeathhhhhhh....the bottle has lasted two of us for the past two years, and I think it is still 20 percent full! Such a tiny amount provides major heat. I love all hot sauces though.

I really like the Frank's "Buffalo Wing" Sauce and the Frank's "Lime" Sauce. Not really hot, but both are tasty.

Go Wings.......mmmmm buffalo RED wing sauce.....

JohnnyATL

Veteran
rootfingers said:
that hot sauce you mention is called Marie Sharp's. It is fantastic and one of my favorites, kinda hard to find sometimes though. Same guy that turned me on to Marie Sharp's also got me started on Bustello's. This guy, Bustello, is making hot sauce in Sonoma Co. CA and ages it in oak wine barrels for a few years before sale. Impossible to find but if you do buy the store out and send one my way.

http://www.sammcgees.com/storegen/C202_gid_8.html?gog=1

thanks man for helping me out on the name. Here is a link where they have marie sharps for sale... not a bad price either

krepis

Very mutch love hot sauces. Around here from local food store the only hot sauces are basically Tabasco sauces so Tabasco habanero sauce is what I use at the moment and knock off of that Sriracha, only special stores carry special sauces. Have to visit them & get my hot sauce game on! Thanks to this thread for the reminder.

Nice to see so many of you got your own recipies. Very rewarding to grow your own chilis and make sauces from them. I specially like home made salsas with home grown chilis that I have had chance to taste on couple of occasions. I hope to start also grow chilis in the future.

Here's The Scoville Heat scale of Chilli Peppers/Hot Sauces (I bet, many of you have seen this already)
http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp(the over million ones are cute, like old small ink containers. Deceiving. :D)

Do some people use those crazy hot sauces, let's say over 500,000 scovilles for something edible or are they just for collecting?
Maybe dilute the sauce and then use it as pepper spray for the rioting friends who have just tried your habaneros? :D

Last edited:

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
well it was harvest time for the peppers. jalapeno, habanero and chilli. made a KICK ass hot sauce and heres how it went down.

7 japs, 9 chili peppers boiled in red wine vinegar and water. boiled until tender. then thrown in a food processer with a little bit of red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. blended until it was just about a paste. throw it back into a sauce pan with some more red wine vinegar, honey and brown sugar. simmer for about 15 minutes and throw in the empty red wine vinegar bottle.

named it "crazy tokens awesome sauce" sweet and spicy. it rules, so if you grow peppers this year use that recipe. it's rad

peace kids

Yummybud

Veteran
I love hot sauce, not the shitty stuff like Franks red hot sauce lol.

I like hot sauce with habaneros / garlic, the hotter the better.

I guess I'm a bit of a wuss though because i thought I could handle any hot sauce but I went to Nando's Chicken the other day and ordered the extra hot chicken (extra hot peri peri sauce) and I could not eat it all, my whole freaken face felt like it was on fire, I had to drink like a gallon of water and was still burning for an hour.

Yummybud

Veteran
ToKEN said:
well it was harvest time for the peppers. jalapeno, habanero and chilli. made a KICK ass hot sauce and heres how it went down.

7 japs, 9 chili peppers boiled in red wine vinegar and water. boiled until tender. then thrown in a food processer with a little bit of red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. blended until it was just about a paste. throw it back into a sauce pan with some more red wine vinegar, honey and brown sugar. simmer for about 15 minutes and throw in the empty red wine vinegar bottle.

named it "crazy tokens awesome sauce" sweet and spicy. it rules, so if you grow peppers this year use that recipe. it's rad

peace kids

lol I tried making hot sauce a while back and it sucked, I just had some green jalapenos and I just threw them in the blender with vinegar / seasoning salt and it sucked lol was barely spicy and it it ended up looking like a greenish goo sauce.

I should try growing some habaneros or orther peppers. peppers are pretty pricey and good hot sauce is pretty expensive to buy also.

that recipe sounds nice but I wasn to try adding garlic as well, peppers are awsome but I also love garlic I pretty much add garlic to all my food, same with hot sauce.

mjcuresall

Growing up, hot sauce was always on the dinner table and my mother always added some type of hot pepper to everything she prepared. She always made her own concoction and I was always surprised it didn't eat through the glass jar she kept it in. It was serious shit.

Since then, I've tried various hot sauces, but the only one I buy is Frank's Red Hot. Having tried the ultra hot stuff, I don't see how anyone can enjoy it in their food- for me, the heat overpowers whatever flavor may be there and totally ruins the dish. I like spicy and I like flavor. Like the label says, it's the perfect combination of flavor and heat.

Toad

I made some hot sauce this weekend with smoked mangos. It was the shit... spicy but you still had the fruity mango twist to it. I'm going to do it again and actually write down the recipe this time.

Tossed some grilled chicken wing in it and went to town. BAM !

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Im workin with some Tabasco Roasted Chiptole sauce at the moment. A good combo of heat and flavor. Try it if you haven't.

chemman14

ItsGrowTime said:
Im workin with some Tabasco Roasted Chiptole sauce at the moment. A good combo of heat and flavor. Try it if you haven't.
i looove that shit :D havnt been able to find their habanero falvor though :(

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i love hot sauce but i dont like to go too crazy hot ... "cholula" (sp?) is very nice, got the taste but not too hot, just right :yes: