What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Battle-Worn Rooster

St. Phatty

attachment.php

I thought this guy was a goner.

There were feathers in the driveway yesterday morning, and he was GONE.

Then this morning at 4 AM, after the small rooster sounded, this guy sounded. He's the big rooster but they have been fighting.

The picture doesn't quite show the swelling around his right eye, but then I figure nobody wanted to see an "eye hanging out" shot (well, unless it's of Trump.)

So I mounted a big expedition in the dark calling out for him. Then found him, 10 feet from the house, next to the bush I guess he spent yesterday laying under.

Not sure what to do, except to feed him.

Then pour some water over his head, figure out what's going on with the eye.

I guess I prefer this outcome.

The 2 roosters don't always wait till 4 AM to start making noise. Sometimes they start singing at 1 AM.

I thought the bigger louder guy might have been killed by one of the residents of the un-zoned residence that is about 50 yards from the noise.

He is a bantam cross of some kind.

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_061856_+__.jpg
    IMG_20200511_061856_+__.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 41