What's new

vpn kill switch

kale_phetkar

This is my first post here. Well second post, after posting into the introductory section. Recently, My friends and I went through this horrible time where a guy from our workplace hack our wifi and ultimately hack into our conversations and credentials :mad: After this dilemma, I and my friends are very much concerned about my online security. The problem is that with my increased daily workload I can't research the solutions. All I want is a basic checklist to check every time and it would be more good If I can have a solution as a product. Which can secure my connection if the connection drops or whether I am online once and for all whether I am at home or not? Do you guys have any idea about this? At my workplace, my co-workers are saying that if your connection drops there is a technique name vpn kill switch which has the ability to stop all the connection. Can you guys refer the goog service which offers this?

JustGrowing420

Surfshark is a good option, cheap and it also has the feature you request, Kill Switch as stated above.
NordVPN is another popular option that some people I know use.

As far as real security goes, you don't know for sure until they spill the beans, some have given up user info when pressured. For peer to peer security, like your case, and not versus law enforcement it is pretty safe I would guess though.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Surfshark is a good option, cheap and it also has the feature you request, Kill Switch as stated above.
NordVPN is another popular option that some people I know use.

As far as real security goes, you don't know for sure until they spill the beans, some have given up user info when pressured. For peer to peer security, like your case, and not versus law enforcement it is pretty safe I would guess though.

... that right there! Ask Edward :) If ya don't believe me... if they can hack into high security computers, they can still access the avg home PC. It makes it more difficult, but still "hackable"!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
My phone got scrambled up the other day. I feel sure it's connected to posts about Afghanistan I made here. Though I don't use my phone here, it's just registered to me. Data use even went over my cap, which was adjusted. All in a very short space of time. Most of the changed settings revolved around which sim was in use and the notification system for it. It's a couple of years since I was last hacked. That was for putting up drone footage, plotting out a live crime scene quicker than law enforcement. I got notifications as my IP wasn't spoofed. Though I already knew, as I watched it happen. My internet use was buffered then released in one go. Lots of stuff not posting as I was silenced, then suddenly up across various sites. Then password change notifications.

I do wonder how many times I don't know what's going on. I doubt subtlety is on law enforcement's minds though.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I'm not smarther than the avg individual but I predicted some of this shit as far back as '97, with the movie the Net, and a documentary on targeted purchases/commercials. e.g at the cashier if it scanned brand X for sanitary napkins, brand Y would send you a coupon or better yet......... drum roll, cable TV. To set up your black box (usually performed by the head of the household, you had to jump through hoops.

What appeared innocuous (some questions) it funneled you into a given category. e.g how much money do you make? It was always a large spread but, it narrowed "you" in. e.g You make $25-50K more a year than your neighbour. You both watch the same PPV movie with commercials because you are too cheap to pay full price. You sold yourself away.

During the commercial break, it is a car add. You neighbour who makes less than you may get a commercial for a VW while you will get one for a Mercedes. Moving right along, 34 years later, it is happening as we speak. A coincidence? I think not, there is no so thing as coincidences :tiphat: