What's new

Cat Scratch Fever - is it a Real Thing ?

St. Phatty

I visited a family that had a kitten up for adoption yesterday.

In the process of meeting the kitten, it sunk it's claws deep in my right palm and I have a scratch about 3/4 inch long.

It bled a little yesterday.

Anyway, today I am TIRED, like having 1/2 the symptoms of Flu. The tiredness without the cough or nausea or whatever.

Was going to carry a load of dirt up the hill ... 12 gallons, 1/2 a 3 cubic foot bale.
Not a big deal.

But FUCK, I feel like a ran a marathon.

Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal ... probably not flesh-eating bacteria, or rabies. Maybe salmonella.

I think it's just a normal immune system reaction to whatever virus, bacteria, fungus was on the kitten's claw.

( Speaking of rabies, I just rented Cujo. :woohoo: It sucked. )

Has anybody else ever had a immune system reaction to being clawed by a pet or wild animal ? ... that you could describe.

troutman

Seed Whore
71sI2gIuGjL._SY355_.jpg

St. Phatty

"Cat-scratch disease (CSD) is an infectious disease that results from a scratch or bite of a cat. Symptoms typically include a non-painful bump or blister at the site of injury and painful and swollen lymph nodes. People may feel tired, have a headache, or a fever."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat-scratch_disease

DAMN, I didn't expect that. Google had an answer just sitting right there !

The cat was adopted at about age 5 weeks from a stray cat in an urban area.

They say the mother sometimes sat and looked through the window glass at her son. Also that she lost all her teeth.

WARNING 80's Rock Ahead ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I47floRRAFs

Mr. Ted Nugent.

Bobby Boucher

You have to be careful with cats that aren't smart or classy enough to keep their feet clean.

Ive been gettin my cats all amped up on nips and letting them attack my arms since I was a kid. Deep nerve endings or sumthin', don't bug me none, but stupid dirty poop foot cats have definitely given me some infected scratches and flu like symptoms before.

If their paws smell like shit, there's shit on them.

Brother Nature

Has anybody else ever had a immune system reaction to being clawed by a pet or wild animal ? ... that you could describe.

I got a blood disease (cellulitis I believe) from a tiny scratch on my pinky finger a few years back, got the scratch from playing with a little dog. Didn't think much of it, displayed similar symptoms to you for the first 24 hours. After the second day the infection really kicked in and my whole hand swelled up, all the skin around my veins on that arm went red and it felt like someone was injecting a syringe full of cement into my hand. To this day it was the most painful experience I've had and that included the multiple surgeries I've had due to some serious motorcycle accidents. Put me in the hospital for 8 days, was delusional and had to be drip fed for nearly the entire week. Probably not what you have, but make sure you get it checked out. I wouldn't want anyone else to ever go through that.

St. Phatty

I got a blood disease (cellulitis I believe) from a tiny scratch on my pinky finger a few years back, got the scratch from playing with a little dog. Didn't think much of it, displayed similar symptoms to you for the first 24 hours. After the second day the infection really kicked in and my whole hand swelled up, all the skin around my veins on that arm went red and it felt like someone was injecting a syringe full of cement into my hand. To this day it was the most painful experience I've had and that included the multiple surgeries I've had due to some serious motorcycle accidents. Put me in the hospital for 8 days, was delusional and had to be drip fed for nearly the entire week. Probably not what you have, but make sure you get it checked out. I wouldn't want anyone else to ever go through that.

Minimal redness & no swelling around the scratch.

Hopefully will be more active today than yesterday.

E

ESTERCHASER

toxoplasmosis

toxoplasmosis

I visited a family that had a kitten up for adoption yesterday.

In the process of meeting the kitten, it sunk it's claws deep in my right palm and I have a scratch about 3/4 inch long.

It bled a little yesterday.

Anyway, today I am TIRED, like having 1/2 the symptoms of Flu. The tiredness without the cough or nausea or whatever.

Was going to carry a load of dirt up the hill ... 12 gallons, 1/2 a 3 cubic foot bale.
Not a big deal.

But FUCK, I feel like a ran a marathon.

Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal ... probably not flesh-eating bacteria, or rabies. Maybe salmonella.

I think it's just a normal immune system reaction to whatever virus, bacteria, fungus was on the kitten's claw.

( Speaking of rabies, I just rented Cujo. :woohoo: It sucked. )

NCBI article on brasil and toxoplasmosis...YEAH ITS A REAL THANG MANG!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
People keep dying to something in their dogs saliva, but in all the years I had cats I never had this happen. At least, I never felt more tired than I normally do. :D

E

ESTERCHASER

my strange addiction

my strange addiction

People keep dying to something in their dogs saliva, but in all the years I had cats I never had this happen. At least, I never felt more tired than I normally do. :D

just watching a hulu episode of my strange addiction top 10 addictions...........apparently.......this chick licks her cats and eats their fur......so it could be worse i guess.:dance013:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
A few years ago the black cat bit me on the arm. I deserved that because I was teasing him bad. I was at the doc for something else and I told him by the way look at this cat bite would you since it was red and about 4 inches around. He took a ballpoint ink pen and drew around the bite. He said if the bite spread to come back for treatment. It healed up and I figure I gave my immune system a good workout. I never got the tiredness though.

Latest posts

Latest posts