What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was the nicest meal you ever had??

Hubbleman

Veteran
I was in eastern Uzbekistan once and they had these out door sheesh kebabs stalls.

Darn that thing was tasty, the nicest meal ever, the quality of meat, the quality of cooking and art of marination... wish i could eat more of that.

Another favourite of mine is marinated wild mushrooms. And im saying not you typical mushrooms you pic up at your store,, no, PROPER wild shrooms from Russia.... m m mmmmmmmmm

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
So many to choose from as I find sharing meals with friends to be a great pleasure.

My best solo meal was in the lower east side of Manhattan back in 2006.
A unassuming storefront sushi bar, but sublime in it's atmosphere.

Just the bar, no table seating.

Unknown to me at the time ending up sharing lunch with Anthony Bourdain,
introduced himself simply as Tony, and was delighted with his company as we
swapped war stories about working as line cooks.

He insisted picking up the check, about a hundred bucks, shook my hand and we parted ways.

That was a nice meal.

X

xavier7995

Really hard to say and guess it depends on how you define nice, but in a similar vein to what you guys are saying, a dive taco place in Kansas city served me some exceptional food. I am a big fan of authentic fare but unfortunately spent most of my life in the middle and eastern parts of the country and they view Mexican food as taco bell or chipotle. I was looking through some restaurant reviews and whats this....soups, steak plates, tortillas made on the spot...holy macaroni it was real Mexican food. Food was amazing, service was good and all in spanglish, etc. It was everything i had looked for from a mex place and i hit it up a few times a week for years until i moved. Seeing the prevalence of good mexican places here in the western portion of the country is kinda shocking, and in retrospect the lack of them east of the Mississippi is odd.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Cannot think of nicest I have had. But I have recently met some amazing friendly cows destined for a nice farm to table restaurant. The farmer usually knows which cow is being served at any given time.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i like indian.... da-wat in new york, n equally as good is bombay palace in london...mmmm some chicken vindaloo please... n make it ...h o t ....

armedoldhippy

Veteran
fresh scallops seared in a black iron skillet sitting in an oven. did not know that something that tender existed. or, it COULD have been a bison ribeye steak i grilled once...:woohoo: