What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

all things bacon...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
let me say this about that...i LOVE bacon. ALL types, thin, thick, maple smoked, hickory etc. i can/could/often do eat it throughout the day. if i could afford a Golden Slab i might kneel in front of it at sunrise, lol. recently i discovered that i can buy 72 slices ALREADY FRIED for less than the price of 2 packages of uncooked, WTF? now, i fear for my soul/sanity. i found out that "turkey bacon" is actually pretty tasty stuff. am i going to hell for this???:dance013:

shithawk420

Veteran
Yes you are! How can you eat precooked Turkey bacon and make a thread about it!? Pork bellies or bust son!lol

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Ahhh... bacon. Such deliciously tasty stuff.

I had a half page of health issues go away after I quit eating pork. lol So tasty, yet so nasty to my digestion. :) Watch the chems in the pre-cooked stuff as well. ;) I've run across a few turkey bacon packages with very little chems. Decent. :)
Save
Save

packerfan79

Veteran
Uummmm, bacon love me some applewood bacon. Realistically I love all bacon. Porky is my friend, untill he is my breakfast. I still love porky even if he's on my plate. I may love him more that way.

Douglas.Curtis

Where?I don't think it exists
Costco in St. George Utah. It's been 8 or 9 months, but I remember a very low ingredient list on some turkey bacon from there. Didn't mess with me enough to 'tell' and I was eating it a few times a week.

YMMV. ;)
Save

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
I love bacon, beef and company.. But after have see how lives these poor pigs the only meat I eat is chicken and turkey... For first anyway I love the fish... Grilled fish for life :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yes you are! How can you eat precooked Turkey bacon and make a thread about it!? Pork bellies or bust son!lol

i'm off the turkey bacon kick. :tiphat: sat down & did a side by side taste test with real & fake bacon. the real deal kicked ass, no surprise there. fake stuff IS edible, but so are pine cones to a degree...:biggrin:

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Ive been getting oscar meyer bacon for 1.99 cents at the 99 cent only store.

maple 16 oz
center cut 12oz

thick cut 16 oz and the reg 16 oz as well

Douglas.Curtis

i'm off the turkey bacon kick. :tiphat: sat down & did a side by side taste test with real & fake bacon. the real deal kicked ass, no surprise there. fake stuff IS edible, but so are pine cones to a degree...:biggrin:
I wonder if pine cones would give me the runs the same way bacon does... lol Probably the opposite.

Life is too short to spend time trying to digest things you shouldn't. Everyone should need only 4hrs a day of sleep and have one 5 minute bowel movement a day. Bacon messes up both of those. lol :)

So tasty though. :)

rod58

i used to own a 300 sow piggery , 100 outdoors and the rest were intensively grown .
so i got to choose the very best porkers or baconers to eat and eat them i did . some i sent to a local butcher who made me bacon , cheese kranskys and pressed shoulder meat for slicing . i've eaten my fair share over the years and continue to do so .
but the best bacon i ever had was the times i cured and hot smoked my own . maybe thats because i used more natural ingredients ..not sure .
but , i love bacon !
cut very thick is the bomb and fried crispy on the outside is how i lean ..and eaten between two slices of fresh , crusty sourdough .