What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor?

codger

Better not go more than 2 rounds Conner gasses after that and Khabib would maul him. So I believe if Conner don't knock him out in 2 rounds Khabib's pressure will take over. Conner gassed in the first Diaz fight Khabib puts on a ton of more pressure than Diaz so will be a long night if it goes past 2 rounds.

I

Ignignokt

Better not go more than 2 rounds Conner gasses after that and Khabib would maul him. So I believe if Conner don't knock him out in 2 rounds Khabib's pressure will take over. Conner gassed in the first Diaz fight Khabib puts on a ton of more pressure than Diaz so will be a long night if it goes past 2 rounds.

Conor does gas but i don't think he gasses as badly as he makes it seem, he says he didn't manage his efficiency against Nate #1, but he only really looks 'gassed' after Nate smoked him a couple of times that no one expected. :biggrin:

I'm not great at predicting winners but i had a feeling Nate was going to teach the youngster a lesson that day.

CaptainDankness

I would hope Conor has been working on stamina after the Mayweather fight, that was just sad.

But could go either way, just hopefully Conor has been training. I just love that fighting Irish spirit the guy has.

W

Water-

a dandy showman with a manufactured act to sell to people that buy into that sort of nationalistic thinking.

I've learned in life to be more wary of the silent guy than the big mouth

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
im not so sure he is a one trick pony.

he was a champion grappler before he enterd the UFC.

he sometimes shoots for the single leg and then grabs the other and then lifts and dumps the guy on his back. Thats what im talking about

G `day Water

Check this out .

Conor`s takedown defence study .

Its certainly not a foregone conclusion .
That`s why I love watching MMA its not over till its over .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
a dandy showman with a manufactured act to sell to people that buy into that sort of nationalistic thinking.

I've learned in life to be more wary of the silent guy than the big mouth

G `day Water

Silent type don`t make no money .
Stipe Miocic multiple time HW champ . Didn`t like to do media . Foresaked opportunity to set himself and his family up financially . Missed the boat .

Conor has made more money with his act than any other MMA fighter . Its the entertainment biz .
Remember USA is home of WWE . And Pay Per View is where the real earnings are . Sell more PPV ; collect shit loads more money .

Brock challenging DC is ridiculous but Mericans ate it up . Bring it on !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

W

Water-

G `day Water

Silent type don`t make no money .
Stipe Miocic multiple time HW champ . Didn`t like to do media . Foresaked opportunity to set himself and his family up financially . Missed the boat .

Conor has made more money with his act than any other MMA fighter . Its the entertainment biz .
Remember USA is home of WWE . And Pay Per View is where the real earnings are . Sell more PPV ; collect shit loads more money .

Brock challenging DC is ridiculous but Mericans ate it up . Bring it on !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

well, if you place shilling above integrity than I dont have anything to say in responce.

some take their craft seriously.

we all have our own priorities

Elmer Bud

Veteran
well, if you place shilling above integrity than I dont have anything to say in responce.

some take their craft seriously.

we all have our own priorities

G `day Water

I hear ya .
The spot light aint for some .

But if you take a step back and look at the promotion . Its sports entertainment . There aren`t real rankings or fights made on merit . The best fight , the best . NO !
The most profitable fights are played out . Are they the #1 vs #2 - rarely .
Its sports entertainment bro .

Chael Sonnen rewrote the book on fight promotion in MMA .
Went from also ran , to all time best seller . By promoting himself . Prize fighting .
Smarter than the average bear .

If there hadn`t been the preceding incidents framing the drama between Conor and Khabib . [the bully his team mate . Then the dolly and the bus window incident ]this fight prolly would never have happened . The interest would not have warranted it .

Conor is a sports entertainer . Not a Shaolin Monk .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I

Ignignokt

G `day Water

I hear ya .
The spot light aint for some .

But if you take a step back and look at the promotion . Its sports entertainment . There aren`t real rankings or fights made on merit . The best fight , the best . NO !
The most profitable fights are played out . Are they the #1 vs #2 - rarely .
Its sports entertainment bro .

Chael Sonnen rewrote the book on fight promotion in MMA .
Went from also ran , to all time best seller . By promoting himself . Prize fighting .
Smarter than the average bear .

If there hadn`t been the preceding incidents framing the drama between Conor and Khabib . [the bully his team mate . Then the dolly and the bus window incident ]this fight prolly would never have happened . The interest would not have warranted it .

Conor is a sports entertainer . Not a Shaolin Monk .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I think once the sport grows there will be less need for people to act ridiculous to promote the events.
There will always be room for loudmouths but the actual MMA will be enough sooner or later.... hopefully.

I used to enjoy WWF.... when i was 10 years old. :)

Chappi

The sport has always been enough for me, I don’t mind the antics but I do hate the new wwe fan base, so much fan boi-dick riding bandwagon shit.

iTarzan

sidebar... Why do the fans make that annoying whooping noise at events? Sometimes it is crazy loud and irritating.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
I think once the sport grows there will be less need for people to act ridiculous to promote the events.
There will always be room for loudmouths but the actual MMA will be enough sooner or later.... hopefully.

I used to enjoy WWF.... when i was 10 years old. :)

G `day I

Never watched it myself .
But it still has people tuned in every week by the millions .

Even the POTUS is into it . Made cameo appearances back in the day .
Toe3vn.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Dana White and Donald Trump both learnt a lot from Vince Mc Mahon .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I

Ignignokt

G `day I

Never watched it myself .
But it still has people tuned in every week by the millions .

Even the POTUS is into it . Made cameo appearances back in the day .
[URL=https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-08-2015/Toe3vn.gif]View Image[/URL]]View Image[/URL]

Dana White and Donald Trump both learnt a lot from Vince Mc Mahon .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Millions of boneheads :biglaugh:

I knew it was fake when i was a child but i think i was about 10 or 11 when something in my head clicked and made me question my choice of entertainment.

It's not even funny.... it's just downright strange. :yikes:

W

Water-

Captain Lou Albano with the rubber bands in his beard was my favorite

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fact that Conor haters appear in this thread means he succeeded. You took his bait and if you buy the fight you paid him. He enjoys being the center of attention and being the best at something few can do.

His cardio and take down defense are suspect. I think he gets pounded out on the ground. Hope he improved both cardio and take down defense since before, if so he has a chance.

I

Ignignokt

The fact that Conor haters appear in this thread means he succeeded. You took his bait and if you buy the fight you paid him. He enjoys being the center of attention and being the best at something few can do.

His cardio and take down defense are suspect. I think he gets pounded out on the ground. Hope he improved both cardio and take down defense since before, if so he has a chance.

Good for him that he has made money, they deserve whatever they get.

I don't buy PPV's though.... (but never miss an event that i want to see :whee: )

W

Water-

who woule be stupid enough to buy the fight when you can watch it on youtube free the next day

he suceeded in making a fool of himself, maybe

connor will loose.

that doesn't mean you hate him