What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor?

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
dont get me wrong i think mcgregor is an incredible fighter but he has been drinkin too much of his own bath water. i hope khabib humbles his ass.

I

Ignignokt

I'm hoping for team Khabib.
I think he will have to survive a few strikes, it may be too much, but if he can Conor will end up looking like hamburger meat.
Diaz survived McGregor's strikes, so it will be interesting to see how Khabib does....

McGregor is very entertaining to watch at MMA, but his shenanigans outside.... meh.
Diaz vs McGregor #1 was one of my favorite matches of the last few years.

:ying:

Brother Nature

Khabib seems hungrier, but McGregor is still very good at what he does. I'd prefer to see Connor go down though, something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

W

Water-

conor better get a good punch in quickly
or he will spend his whole time running because if Khabib gets a hold of him he's done.

you see that cauliflower ear?

He is an amazing grappler and those elbow blows when he has the guy wrapped up are brutal.

i l ove his foot sweep take downs

I

Ignignokt

conor better get a good punch in quickly
or he will spend his whole time running because if Khabib gets a hold of him he's done.

you see that guys ear?

He is an amazing grappler and those elbow blows when he has the guy wrapped up are brutal

Half of the UFC have cauliflower ears.... I have seen a few explode over the years :puke: :)

iTarzan

I think Khabib is going to take a canvas nap. Khabib really can't risk any stand up for any length of time or Conor will knock him out. He will have to go for the takedown early and often. Conor uses his hands like a cat uses it's whiskers. He pushes and probs with them, they tell him where Khabib is heading. Then one of his fists will intercept Khabib's head along a takedown trajectory path and Khabib goes to sleep.

I think it will happen in the first 2 rounds. Most likely the 1st because Khabib has been wobbled by much lesser punchers and he gets hit a lot. Anybody can win on any night but I just can't see Khabib surviving Conor's onslaught of punches that are coming his way. Tony Ferguson would have a better chance than Khabib but I think Conor would take him out too.
There is way more to Conor than people think. He has been disrespected by most people on IC in the mma threads. A few have come around. Conor is for real and very, very talented. His weak link is cardio. If Khabib could get it to the 3rd round his chances improve. I don't think he will though.

Brother Nature

I think it's going to be a bit more of a spectacle than 1-2 rounds, at least I hope so. Nothing worse than a hugely built up fight that only disappoints. Especially if you've paid for it lol. I don't necessarily like McGregor, but respect his talent and the fact he is also a hell of a showman. I think it'll be a pretty good match up, they're both immensely talented and the UFC's been a bit 'meh' lately so hopefully this breathes some life back into it.

iTarzan

I respect your opinion of a good fight. I agree that an epic battle is great but knockouts are great too. If Khabib gets knocked out in the first round or even 15 seconds like Aldo did I got my monies worth. I can't complain because one fighter had superior skill and quickly knocked another fighter out. I like to see people knocked out. It keeps the judges out of it. Epic battles can lead to disturbing judges decisions.

Chappi

Depends how tough Khabib’s chin is because he will be eating that left hand early in the fight. If he can be durable enough then he can win the fight for sure. Otherwise Mcgreggor will silence the doubters again and be even more fucking obnoxious...

W

Water-

The Aldo knockout looked extremely staged to me. That was my take at the time.

They make big money off his showman ship.

if connor is tangled up he wont have the endurance to fight his way out. I thnk
Khabib will stay low so he cant get hit and then use the double leg take down.

Two different fighting styles, should be fun to watch if they let it be a real fight.
The boxer vs the grappler

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Water

Dbl leg is not part of Khabib`s game .
Body locks and trips or single leg . Also mostly against the cage wall .

His cage game involves an under hook on his right side . If he is denied that he does not get the take down . a la his fight with Gleison Tibau - no take downs .

His last few opponents all gave him their back as they tried to climb up the cage to get off the mat . Khabib has the perfect counter to that . As we have seen .
Well , you need to do some thing different , turn into the guard , fwd roll , up kick ?
Do what he would like the least instead of following the meta that he is ready for .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I

Ignignokt

I'm not going to pretend i have great understanding of all the techniques.... i saw video of UFC#1 & #2 in 2001 and have been a casual viewer since about 2003.
I have seen most events from around 2008 until now but that's about as far as my MMA education goes.... very casual.

Khabib does seem extremely 'sloppy' for someone with his record, but i think the ease with which Nate Diaz submitted Conor, after Conor was getting wobbly, makes me think Khabib will try to somehow zombie his way forward regardless, just to drag him down, where Conor is out of his depth.

Last edited:
W

Water-

G `day Water

Dbl leg is not part of Khabib`s game .
Body locks and trips or single leg . Also mostly against the cage wall .

His cage game involves an under hook on his right side . If he is denied that he does not get the take down . a la his fight with Gleison Tibau - no take downs .

His last few opponents all gave him their back as they tried to climb up the cage to get off the mat . Khabib has the perfect counter to that . As we have seen .
Well , you need to do some thing different , turn into the guard , fwd roll , up kick ?
Do what he would like the least instead of following the meta that he is ready for .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

im not so sure he is a one trick pony.

he was a champion grappler before he enterd the UFC.

he sometimes shoots for the single leg and then grabs the other and then lifts and dumps the guy on his back. Thats what im talking about

Latest posts

Latest posts