What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

St. Phatty

Mrs and baby indoors, stepson and his girlfriend are raiding the food cupboards and it's pissing down with rain outside.
It's at times like this me and the dog retreat to the shed in the back garden, so he can watch out the door and wish for summer, and I can smoke a fat doob and wish for the outdoor season.
Damn there's a lot of crap in this shed, I should really clear it out. Mrs brunch is insisting we put the Christmas decorations up early (the shops have done it, she says) so I got to dig those out soon, but for now I will make this joint last as long as I can.
Ho ho ho.

Sounds like you got Internet access. Now you just need a coffee machine and a sign - and some good strong coffee - and you're in business !

Oh yeah, and a sign saying, "this coffee shop is doob-friendly." :woohoo:

One of the things I like about sheds is that they don't have carpeting, normally, that needs to be dry cleaned.

I just had my grow room carpet cleaned. There's still some red color that didn't come out.

I'm thinking, dirt, OUTDOORS or in a shed or a greenhouse, that is the way to go with dirt.

I bought some rockwool cubes & slabs and I've become the "Shoe - nazi." ( You know how at some houses people ask you to take off you shoes ? Now I know why. )

So I've been thinking about sheds myself !

I think ICMag and related Communities of Freedom and Liberation form a virtual community that surrounds the globe. :tiphat:

Freedom Rings in the Grow-shed. :dance013:

Hank Hemp

Veteran
When I first put up my shed I made it my clubhouse. Radio/tape/cd player. Go out there after work listen to a little Waylon sip a cold one or maybe a whiskey sour(2cherries). Good times alone. I called it The Girl Haters Club. I even had a rocking chair and a heater like hempKat showed.

mr.brunch

Veteran
The old shed at my grandads house had a sign on : men only, it said.
Won't do that on mine tho , as Mrs b likes to pop out for a tea every now n then
Will def be looking into those heaters mentioned above, and I got to hear how the diy wood burner goes together.....
Got no coffee maker out here, but the kitchen ain't far so that'll do for now I suppose.

Shed on, people.....

HatchBrew

Veteran
My sign says: No Smoking; Stay Healthy, Puff Dank, Live well and in the moment.

Great to be back home after a long expedition to "old america"

Lemon haze and Black cherry soda have been great friends this week. Little bubble hash in the evening.

Back to good coffee & tea too! And oh my vegetables I've missed you so, yum yum yum. Diet and consumption back to normal.

People normally gain weight on vacation...I guess it wasn't a vacation being that I lost six pounds, not that I needed too. Lack of sleep and appetite are real killers. 5'11" usually 160-165 lbs. Day after getting back 153. Back to my normal healthy diet & exercise, back to feeling great.

Thanks Mr. Bunch for a respite and fun place to shot the shit. From my shed to yours-Aloha.

Love Living It!!!!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Hatch, I am glad that your exile period is over, bet those greens taste all the better now after the break ( both kinds) nice to hear you are a fellow veg grower too, I am expanding my plot to fill almost the whole bottom end of the garden for next year as I got to move the potatoes over.

No shed this evening, baby brunch is very unsettled due to the damn vaccinations so the furthest I can be is just outside the front door... Colder tonight too
Just into the minus figures here, so still bearable.
There's 2 or 3 more houses in the road with christmas decorations up now, so at least we not the only ones now. Sometimes i am standing out here doob in hand to see people peering over the hedge , and I think "shit, am I really standing here chuffing away under fuck knows how many watts of neon lights??? Must be stoned "

mr.brunch

Veteran
Really nice n peaceful out here this evening- cold, clear skies and even the locals are taking a break from yelling their business around the air. Love it. Baby b is a bit more calm tonight too so there must be something in the air... It could be the full moon?
Still, the dog is flying up n down the garden like he got a firework up his ass - could be some foxes about.... Get away from my chickens!
Cool. This is a pleasant time of year now the rain has taken a break, so maybe I can get on some diggin tomorrow before the frost makes it impossible. Probably should clean out the chickens too, I'm sure they won't moan and they giving me a steady supply of eggs so it's only fair.
fuck, I'm rambling again- excuse me, it's the weed don't you know.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Didn't get any diggin done ,shame, but Mrs b decided we didn't have enough outside decorations so we had to get more and that meant more ladder time and less doob time.
All done tho, and the tools are staring at me all neglected
Damn dentist tomorrow not looking forward to it , cash for pain and I ain't into that :(

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
told ya you got to pimp out the shed...even my greenhouses use to have heat, tv and a coffee maker...had solar and 12v makers...yeehaw

waveguide

Veteran
i knew a guy who used to sit in his shed all the time. he was hiding from his wife, but not for long because she divorced him.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I can appreciate the 'shed' part of life.

When my situation got to that point I bought me a dog house 2 hours away. Old trailer, has 2 slide outs 38' long. I spend a bit of time up there in the spring, summer, and fall. I don't care much for 'real' winters, so I don't go there when the skiers are about. lol

Full tilt for amenities (except for the hot and cold running maids), even though it's 30 years old. Wife doesn't care for it so I'm 'on my own', so to speak.

"High in the Rockies"

mr.brunch

Veteran
i knew a guy who used to sit in his shed all the time. he was hiding from his wife, but not for long because she divorced him.

This is where I count myself lucky- me n Mrs b took a long time to find each other, so as a result I would never hide from her or take her for granted. I did long enough of the single life to know it ain't always what it's cracked up to be.
She don't smoke as much as I do, but she smokes cigarettes and joins me for a puff after the kids are in bed.... Love having a j with my wife.
So she welcome in my shed anytime

mr.brunch

Veteran
I can appreciate the 'shed' part of life.

When my situation got to that point I bought me a dog house 2 hours away. Old trailer, has 2 slide outs 38' long. I spend a bit of time up there in the spring, summer, and fall. I don't care much for 'real' winters, so I don't go there when the skiers are about. lol

Full tilt for amenities (except for the hot and cold running maids), even though it's 30 years old. Wife doesn't care for it so I'm 'on my own', so to speak.

"High in the Rockies"

Nothing wrong with a bit of self time now n then, it's good for all of us and keeps things alive.
Sounds like you got it set up nice out there tho!

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I'm happy to report that, even though I'd didn't plan all that well........

RETIREMENT is GREAT!

I do recommend some planning for retirement. Walked out about 6 years ago, don't miss it one little bit. A64 said 'you can grow your own', so I do. :woohoo:

Life is indeed good. Going for Social Security in the spring. :tiphat:

Some flashbacks in this thread for me. lmao

mr.brunch

Veteran
Am glad to hear that you are having a good retirement, I am sure it is well deserved. Too many people seem to live only for their work then can't handle it when it's over. So much more things to do in this world than work..... Me n Mrs b kind of split the work and do the minimum we can to get by, leaving more time for the kids and each other.
Really should think about future plans as far as retirement goes, I got a fair way to go yet but still..... Only problem is , you see people try n put by then the banks fuck it all up , n everyone loses. What to do?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Gave the chickens a good clean out and gave them loads of extra straw bedding as its been cold... Also put some new perches up, so they're happy as Larry right now. Checked them tonight and they've near on buried themselves in straw.

Just in time, I think as the rain is back :(

2 Legal Co

Veteran
"What to do?"

Now That's the Q.

Two things I did was 'pay myself First'.... 10% to me, Pay the taxes and maybe a Roth IRA

Buy dirt, the only place they are making more of it is Holland. lol

And the #1 Don't is; Do not use your house as a piggy bank......EVER

It way easier to retire IF you don't have a mortgage payment.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks for the advice. Problem where I live ( uk ) land is vastly overpriced- for example , not too long ago someone paid £150,000 for a small garage big enough for an average sized car. I know this is an extreme case , but the housing market is fucked in this country.

Now if they would legalise weed, I could be a full time farmer and buy me some land, and pay more taxes like a good boy.... Trouble there is our government has its head firmly up its arse on weed.

Latest posts

Latest posts