What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Laughing Buddha?..grown it?..tasted it?.....

buttyrekka

what did you think?...me i loved it!!!.would love to grow it on my next run...i hope this is posted in the correct place..anyone grown this?..barneys farm sells the seeds but they dont have a vendors slot..so anyone any info???..i cannot believe no ones grown it on this site!!!!

everyone loves hypnotoad!!!!!!!!!!!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
barney's Farm has lots of new strains bred by reefer man or something (we think?)

Honey something and morning glory ,, to name a couple ,, laughing Buddha sounds cool,, and obviously the 'Reclining Buddha' n Amsterdam already accredit some rep. and Soma's Buddha's Sister provides a vibrant smoke.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Bought it straight from Barney's when I was there. I was shocked they actually sold seeds....never knew it at all. The Laughing Buddha was tasty, and was something I actually bought more of after I finished tasting all their strains. That violator hash they had wasn't any slouch either.
Barney's has alot of unique strains that aren't highly popularized here or really anywhere else. I tried the Red Cherry Berry when I was there also...definitely another keeper. The only thing that dissuaded me from buying seeds from Barneys was the fact that I already had too many to bring back from the 'dam. I hit my quota, and there were other strains I was more eager to get. The pictures of the Laughing Buddha in the seed catalog were really insane...with pink and purple overtones. I don't exactly remember how long it took to flower or what the breakdown of indica vs. sativa was.....but I could swear it was one of those "longer flowering" varieties...more like 10-12 weeks vs. 8.

Slapstick

I had the pleasure of stumbeling onto the Laughing Buddha a few Amsterdam trips ago.. pretty sure it was the time when Brøndby played Ajax Amsterdam, to qualify for the champions league... Some exellent weed, i have been raving about it ever since! Talk about a great high, both giddy and trippy, not much weed makes me feel that way! Was trying to find it a few months ago when i was on another trip there, but i keep getting lost, then the munchies set in, and i forget what i was doing in the first place...
Its on my top 3 or 4 of my strains to grow list.. it would be my top 1 or 2, if i had not already bought some seeds i need to try out first... first ofc i need to build my new growroom, damn reality always makes plans difficult! Anyway, once those little setbacks are done, im gonna be choosing betweem laughing buddah and Kali-mist.. Perhaps im just gonna do them at the same time, think they have roughly the same flowering time... Thats how good i thought it was, that i need to compare it to kali-mist.. So like butty who started this little tread, im really suprised no one seems to be growing it...

So please someone enlighten me!

Slapstick

buttyrekka

yep mate totally agree..why EVERYONE dosnt know about LB is beyond me...
i was gonna get seed's from barneys but it being a sativa has well put me off..i'am doing samtheskunkmans Thazexskunk(my first sativa) now(i'll see how that go's,,.... i'm an inside grower and dont want a sativa sucking up all my light and giving me 3 grams at the end of 3 months of 1212!!!..but at the end of the next flowering i might start with LB(it is such a nice smoke!!)

Last edited:

Elk Woman

LAUGHING BUDDHA -- HELL, YES!!!

LAUGHING BUDDHA -- HELL, YES!!!

Hey all, thanks so much for this thread: I had the great pleasure of growing several plants of Laughing Buddha two seasons ago, and I have to say: the trim girls unanimously voted it Best Bud of the grow! :jump:

Sweet-natured, gentle buzz -- not lightweight, but steadfast sativa high. We had 16 flavors to choose from, and all they wanted was the LB! :muahaha:

I don't remember LB as a late bloomer; it seemed to come in about the middle of harvest-time. Our last plant that year was Love Potion, and still we were done trimming by the end of October. :joint: (and yes, LP is wonderful, but we prefer the LB!)

I think this variety is highly useful in creating a mellow and playful high: great for sex, skinny-dipping, lovely conversation, artistic creativity (one of my favorite uses for kaya), staring off into space or at a sunset, etc. It makes me laugh and want to play more, but overall I consider it a wonderfully introspective buzz. :joint:

I notice that Barney's Farm doesn't sell seeds to US (which I can totally understand, given the fascist quality of the nation these days). :fsu: What are our other options to get some beans or cuts here in the states? When we grew it, we were gifted several young plants (no idea if seedlings or clones -- we were new at the whole outdoor thing and were just glad to have plants to fill the holes). The only person I've spoken to who knew the plant (besides the relative who brought it to us) was a woman whose son was growing them in Santa Cruz (CA) area. She said it's available there, but I live about 4 hours away from SC and have no idea where to get it: perhaps clone shops/dispensaries may carry it?

So, let me know if any of you find a source for cuts or beans; I'd happily drive 8 hours round trip if it meant I'd end up with these delightful girls in my garden. :jump: :jump: I have my scrip card, so theoretically it won't be too much hassle to bring home some sweet friend and put her into cloning mode.

Obywatel-X

Hello!
I had tried to grow lb theyhad 3 weeks or some but they smell just LOVELY!
In my room i had also big budda cheese, but smell of lb is no 1 for me, 2-waysweet fruity, and potent as well, mindblowing.
Next grown im taking it again for sure.
Cheers

Illadelph

I think i Had this shit when i was overthere too. I remember liking that and amnesia a lot. Didn't really produce fits of laughter though i don't think. Did it give any of you all the giggles? HOw about Dr Greenthumb's laughing budda? not the real deal?

One Love 731

Veteran
Barneys Farm Laughing Buddha

Its long flowering period develops an intense space like high with a distinctively powerful spicy and sweet aroma. Grows fast and stretches during flowering and may need pruning or bending. The finished plant develops large heavy colas dripping with sativa trichromes.

Orientation: Feminized
Quantity: 5 cannabis seeds or 10 marijuana seeds pack
Type: Sativa dominant
Genetics: Thai, Jamaican
Yield: Optimum indoor. 450 gr/m2
Indoor Height: 75 -* 90 cm
Indoor flowering time: 75 to 90 days
Outdoor harvest time: Mid October
THC: 18 % CBD: 0.4 %

JOE CHRONIC

When i was over in the Dam in 03 thought that was the best damn smoke I ever had bar none !
Even though it came in 2nd I voted it #1 !

love?

I have not grown this but a friend has and I was fortunate enough to get a few grams of it from him.

In fact I still have some left and since I saw this thread pop up I had to take a small toke.. :)

The smell, although not the strongest, I find quite nice but it's difficult to pinpoint what it reminds me of. Same with the taste...

Ok potency, high mostly in the head, kinda wavy.

Very rough on the lungs, I simply can't smoke it without coughing. Kinda unpleasant because of that.. and probably the reason why I still have some left. :)

Flowered for about 3 months IIRC.

P

Plastikman

No dowt, one of my favourite strains to smoke. Not many people seem to grow it outside of the Barney's circle.

love?

Heh just read my old "report". Just wanna update it a bit as now I've also sampled another pheno of Laughing Buddha and it was some of the tastiest weed I've ever tried. This time the taste was more easy to recognize as well, I'd say it was like some kind of lemon candy. Much like in the other pheno, the smoke was really harsh and cough inducing.

M

MerryPrankstr

I have some femminized just leaving seedling stage, along with some of his G13xHaze and Reserva Privada Kandy Kush.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
just to give this thread a little CPR...
laughing buddha is one of my consistently favorite sativas when in amsterdam.
bought 2 fem 5-packs (regs were not an option at the time), but was disappointed.
nothing like the (jamaican blue mountain x meao thai) cross that it should have been, effects-wise.
come to find a lot of breeders will reverse an indica to create the fem version of a strain,
which knocks out the clean and clear energetic effects of sativa(-leaning) strains.
you can see acknowledgement of that in the **********'s description...
https://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Laughing_Buddha/Barneys_Farm/

glass half-full: that indica will reduce the normal 14-16wks flowering of the regs.

the strain willie nelson is (vietnamese black x nepalese highland).
i've got a sideways mash-up of the LB and WN in a hack i made...
(VietBlackThai) x (nepalese Jam) both strains from ace seeds
...i'll be launching in a few days. it's gonna take a pheno hunt methinks,
but there should be some nice old school sativa-leaners with groovy
effects lying within.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Heh just read my old "report". Just wanna update it a bit as now I've also sampled another pheno of Laughing Buddha and it was some of the tastiest weed I've ever tried. This time the taste was more easy to recognize as well, I'd say it was like some kind of lemon candy. Much like in the other pheno, the smoke was really harsh and cough inducing.

here's a couple of phenos from the
VietBlackThai x NepJam
cross i made...

girl on the left's taste reminds me of a sage n' sour i grew several
years ago- creamy woodiness and citrus. during flower i thought she
was the most thai-leaning, with her light green leaves and most xmas
tree shape of the 4 of this cross that i flowered out. (others leaned
more pole plant-ish)

the girl on the right gave that classic lemon candy taste of some Laughing Buddha phenos,
(the sweet taste really coming thru when using a vaporizer)
which i wasn't expecting from her as she gave nothing near a citrus
aroma anytime during her growth/flowering, was dark green, and,
i thought, VietBlack-leaning.

all four of the girls gave very nice sativa effects, one even approaching a
haze-like trippiness. their more euphoric side is really noticeable when
compared to a (cbg) durban i also recently harvested, whose effect was
definitely more on the cool side.

the stumps of the 2 above are in re-veg, and i've got almost 30 more seeds
of this cross. i very much look forward to launching them to make F2s.
got lucky with this hack i made back in '11 or '12
(and only just now got around to testing them).

cheers

H

hard rain

I've recently grown a single Laughing Buddha, feminised. Did a lot of supercropping and training to get the branches.

picture.php
picture.php

I have not given this a proper cure yet but have tried a bit. So far not getting any laughing effect. I will give a proper smoke report in a month or so when I get to properly try it. So far I get the impression that this is far from a good Thai representation. Will wait and see though.
Harvested at week 11; the odd amber trichome was showing.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
the laughing buddha i get in amsterdam (barneys, amnesia) tastes and feels like the pure sativa
cross reeferman made using blue mountain jamaican and meao thai.
out of two 5-packs of fem'd seeds, only one plant slightly leaned in that amsterdam cut's direction.
to make feminized seeds, breeders frequently used a trusted indica female to "reverse" onto the target female strain.

the indica is mentioned at **********, under Strain Lineage/Genealogy-
Laughing Buddha »»» Thailand x Jamaica
Thailand »»» Sativa
Jamaica »»» Indica/Sativa Hybrid

https://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Laughing_Buddha/Barneys_Farm/

Latest posts

Latest posts