What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SSSC . 2.0 in 6 days and counting

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I notice the picture they use of Old School Haze on instagram is actually the AG13 clone that Neville made . Also the Cookie x's they sell dont look anything like Cookie . Hopefully they do come with the old Super Sativa Seed Club strains not just the same garbage as everyone else

Peace

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Noticed the same thing...If I were a betting man...I would suspect the latter...hope I'm wrong!

Peace
BM

clearheaded

was it official instagram or someone faking not realizing they are coming back?

its the kids of the OG. I feel like should have some old connects from there dad. also knowing will be under intense scrutiney will either either do tottaly new things or have pretty good lineage of old varietys... time will tell, but we know sam gave the dad alot of the oldschool stuff . clemantine cookies and cream sherb well can get that crap anywhere.

Bud Jones

Maybe a glimmer of hope .. SSSC’s Facebook say Victor Baarn will be available. Time will tell if they’re legit ..

TheBlaze

I chatted to one of the guys behind this project recently at the cannabis expo here in South Africa.

He didn't give away too much, but he was dead serious about the fact that it was going to be legit.

I know that doesn't tell you guys much, but I will be keeping on eye on this for sure.

J-Icky

Hopefully they have access and are working on seed runs of the original collection. If all they plan on doing is being another bank offering the same bottlenecked crap then the name will not only be meaningless, but will be a cause of confusion for future growers.
I can also see many problems arising from this either way. People are going to be offering SSSC seeds and trying to play them off as originals when they will most likely be worked or reworked rereleases.

Honestly thinking on it, even if they did have access to the original lines, chances are they have been worked and selected and reworked so many times since the old days that they will be far more bottlenecked and different than what was originally being sold. The only real hope is they had access to seeds and clones that were properly cared for over the decades and not worked at all. Like seeds that were produced 30+ yrs ago and stored and not touched. But more likely they will be seeds that were created all those years ago and grown out and selected and seeded and repeated over and over throughout the years which will actually make them completely different than what they originally started with.

clearheaded

Hopefully they have access and are working on seed runs of the original collection. If all they plan on doing is being another bank offering the same bottlenecked crap then the name will not only be meaningless, but will be a cause of confusion for future growers.
I can also see many problems arising from this either way. People are going to be offering SSSC seeds and trying to play them off as originals when they will most likely be worked or reworked rereleases.

Honestly thinking on it, even if they did have access to the original lines, chances are they have been worked and selected and reworked so many times since the old days that they will be far more bottlenecked and different than what was originally being sold. The only real hope is they had access to seeds and clones that were properly cared for over the decades and not worked at all. Like seeds that were produced 30+ yrs ago and stored and not touched. But more likely they will be seeds that were created all those years ago and grown out and selected and seeded and repeated over and over throughout the years which will actually make them completely different than what they originally started with.

ahh thats possible, however I would assume alot of old stock was popped imagine will be forced to communicate all the who what and wheres because of the name. old doesnt make it good and if a further worked line making an true breeding IBL with desirable traits isnt a bad thing. def helps make some of those f1 magic varietys. variety is nice, forsure ,however most people would like the traits that are in the description. If they didnt think they could provide people with close to oldschool originals they wont sell them. If dont sell original var I am sure they are smart enough to of not used the old name and just said eh my dad was SSSC guy so have good hook ups and solid knowledge.

all assumptions and guessing so time will tell!

Remember most folks dont want oldschool thai or thai crosses that take 18 weeks and 70% hermi out and I think even sam would say the first drops of genetics were not as good as after 5 or more years of refining. So breeding, selecting, moving forward isnt a bad thing persay.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
€400 a pack ?
What is up with these companies

PDX Dopesmoker

€400 a pack ?
What is up with these companies

Even if they're not great seeds and nothing unique, there is absolutely nothing immoral about fleecing some people who have more brand consciousness than brains out of the price of a primo seedpack. They'll either be happy with what they got cause of the label or they'll learn a valuable lesson and be more discerning next time. Their parents clearly skimped on their education and that might be why they have the extra money to begin with.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
£400 for a packet of seeds is reasonable for quality genetics.. We come from a different time & the new kids on the block are getting clones for free & selling weed @ over 300 an ounce. Seed prices seem irrelevant.. The amount of time that a parental has been kept alive bares some cost as does the lack of pollination available on the type & the amount of possible filial generations in a season.. Quality can speak for itself..

They have some good stock, better then what most folks have be given as hand me downs & using to create their market place..

End of the day the cream will rise & the rest will settle by the wayside..

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
I notice the picture they use of Old School Haze on instagram is actually the AG13 clone that Neville made . Also the Cookie x's they sell dont look anything like Cookie . Hopefully they do come with the old Super Sativa Seed Club strains not just the same garbage as everyone else

Peace

Which Cookie crosses? I only see 4 Haze crosses.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
If your around long enough you'll see a few gimmicks, I've paid close to $300 for 10-12 standard beans a few times.

J-Icky

Ok I’m not sure what’s up but I only see 4 varieties and nothing overly special. They have an old school haze they crossed to a few other things and that seems to be all they have.
Also don’t like the fact that they have a “secret” sativa and don’t give any real info on its origins, just the typical “it’s secret and mysterious so it’s super special” crap all the pollen chuckers say.
I don’t care what prices they charge because with the limited crap they are offering they won’t be around long.
They need to find daddy’s secret seed stash or change their companies name because all they are gonna do is take a legendary name and turn it into crap, ruining the history of the original company for future generations.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
They say on their site the only strain they have from old is skunk x haze... then say one of their crosses is with m4???

Latest posts

Latest posts