What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

medical cannabis in VA?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
according to news, nearby town is looking at allowing a medical cannabis growing/extraction business to open up in closed mall. Bristol Herald-Courier (i think) had this on the front page yesterday...sounds like a good use of wasted space, & beats hell out of a roller rink etc. would love to work there, but be one hell of a drive for me...:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
49...count 'em, that's FORTY NINE applications to grow medical cannabis in VA were received (along with their $10k application fee.) 9 alone in the SW Va area, one of the more economically depressed areas of the state. "someone" out there thinks that there be gold in them thar hills...:dance013:

dddaver

Veteran
I live in Florida but I think this could be the answer for all that old mall blight. Make them all into huge grow houses.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I live in Florida but I think this could be the answer for all that old mall blight. Make them all into huge grow houses.

the mall in Bristol WAS going to be a huge grow op/vertical integrated med weed place, but they are apparently moving a few miles to Abingdon, last i heard. no more in news since VA legalized for recreational...can't wait until seeds are available. paranoid about the USPS.

PassionForMJ

I am sure stores/dispensaries are going to want friends in places high, wait is that how that goes? LOL
Really though those of us with a love and passion for this plant, and a know how to grow should be a bit valuable. #sidejob hustle 🤑
I'll just grow my own as my state allows, always keeping it medical, well a lil recreational too...