What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does cannabis affect your blood pressure?

Black Cat

I suffer from ulcerative colitis and use cannabis as effective pain relief. But I noticed unusual headaches recently. I read on vapingdaily, that people with low blood pressure should be more careful with cannabis.
Does anyone have this problem?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Clean cannabis is going to lower your overall blood pressure, if it was out of regulation before. Panic attacks can temporarily increase your blood pressure, but that's not from the cannabis. That's your reaction to it mentally. ;)

When my 80yr old father began using cannabis daily, he had to have his high blood pressure prescription strength lowered several times. He would begin having days where he was tired and any small activity really drained him. Checking his blood pressure revealed it was too low. I was planning on having a chat with him in the next few days, to see if he's still on the blood pressure prescription. :)