What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 420 Cup Logo Competition

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
agree with you CC, now that you mention it. so what about if both those squares are removed? the red and gold background should be fine no?

Using red, gold or either of those blues is probably best avoided, as it refers to the flags of Spain and/or Catalunya.

Luckily the weed scene has largely avoided the petty nastiness of the independence politics, plenty of people are friends with Catalans and Spaniards, groups, coops, clubs, many span the divide and politics is kept out of it, thank ****

I would strongly suggest that the artists concentrate on something Barcelona specific, the skyline, sagrada familiar or gaudi/mosaic/guell imagery is all perfect and will not provoke any shitstorms.

both those colour schemes are wrong, the red/blue is the football team, not the city

the second, red/yellow plus the blue triangle, star is very politically charged

Making it anything to do with the Catalan flag is not a good idea right now, it just brings politics into an area that is one of the few free of it.

well I do apologise, I meant not to cause conflict or otherwise, I am not from Barcelona, and had no idea this would cause an issue, I will change the colours which seem to offend and repost again

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well I do apologise, I meant not to cause conflict or otherwise, I am not from Barcelona, and had no idea this would cause an issue, I will change the colours which seem to offend and repost again

you have nothig to apologize for, i should have put these conditions in the first post. would be awesome if you can redo it, just without the color connotations to Catalan independence lol.

cheers

my entries which hopefully can remain without fear of upsetting someone
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Like GM said, no offense whatsoever, I really don't care, but many do and we will have people attending from both sides, so lets steer clear of it altogether :)

Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Can't resist a good logo competition.

I always start with black and white. If it looks good in black and white, it will generally look good in color. These are all hand-drawn, but would be vectored if chosen.

picture.php

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
@joemeetsmary, I like it.
simple and effective.
will be easy to fit on a pin too.
think no2 is my fav.
might have a go at this myself.
hummmm.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Can't resist a good logo competition.

I always start with black and white. If it looks good in black and white, it will generally look good in color. These are all hand-drawn, but would be vectored if chosen.

View Image
View Image

Several of these are good enough to win IMO, I really like the style, it is original and distinct. Can you draw writing in this Modernist font ? It has a strong link to the city's style

c34ceabe76f6ce3f832cb314691bb4a4--modernisme-catalan.jpg

Thanks mack10 and Chaos

Love that nouveau lettering, could definitely be worked in. Was trying to find old Barcelona travel posters for inspiration and a little insight on regional historic styles.

Dig that last one @johnnyavacado

74G

hey can we still work on a logo cause really love too now i am back sorry didn't knew about that logo contest DAMN ;-)

all the best to all my IC friends