What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flower Week 2 - Burned or Deficient?

Having a bit of a dilemma here. The canopy looks ok above the trellis, but down below there's a few symptoms spreading up. This has me thinking it's a mobile deficiency, but I'm not experienced enough to tell what in the world is going on. Pics on this first post are what everything looks like above the trellis. Pics on post #2 display the issues down below.

pH is between 5.9 and 6.1
EC between 1.4 and 1.6
Temps 74-82, humidity 50-65
Water twice a day. Over-vegged with big trunks and root systems stuck in 5gal pots, so they drink twice a day or the coco dries.

Attachments

• Can.jpg
    Can.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 10
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 10
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 10

gr866

Veteran
Show it with lights off.
My guess and only a guess is mag x.
Have had it before.
GR

Can't do any better than that with the photos. Those were taken (besides 2 of them) through method 7's. The room only has HPS bulbs and no green/white light, so I'd have to drag in an extension cord and a lamp just before lights on and tinker around. By mag x do you mean excess/toxicity?

gr866

Veteran
Deficiency

That's a guess, you have to give us better pictures or I know I can't help you.

GR

Artisancrafted

Hey there just remember if the symptoms are happening at the bottom of the plant the Deficiency is a mobile nutrient if it starts at the top new growth that means it's an immobile nutrient

Artisancrafted

Just remember also to always keep your Coco at 50% Moist if you let it dry out more than that then the potassium level rises and it locks out the calcium and magnesium maybe that's why you have a Cal mag issue

gr866

Veteran
Just remember also to always keep your Coco at 50% Moist if you let it dry out more than that then the potassium level rises and it locks out the calcium and magnesium maybe that's why you have a Cal mag issue

Hey, don't get damn defensive. If you don't like the answer fuckit.

I don't have the problem, you do!

GR

mango420

How often are you feeding? Everytime u water? Most likely a buildup expecially if you've been in those pots for a while.

How often are you feeding? Everytime u water? Most likely a buildup expecially if you've been in those pots for a while.

Check the runoff ppm if you don't let a small amount off runoff to flush salts the ppm can rise quickly in coco and it looks about like that.

I get runoff every time I water. I'll check the runoff ppm when I water later today. I feed every time I water, which is twice a day.

I get runoff every time I water. I'll check the runoff ppm when I water later today. I feed every time I water, which is twice a day.

On second thought, there have been a few days during flowering so far where runoff didn't happen. They were flushed out before flower down to .4 EC. Can salt buildup happen so quickly? I'm about to fill the res and feed, I'll report back with what the runoff ppms look like.

Well the ppm going in was 850 (Hanna scale, so 1.7 EC) and 1000 coming out. That doesn't seem like a problem to me. I had a 2 EC difference (1000 ppm) when I flushed out the pots before going into flower, and they weren't even showing any negative signs at that level of buildup. I think what's happening is that they're just not getting enough food/water.

They're hooked up to a manifold watering system and a timer. I am around in the morning for their first meal to make sure they get runoff and cleanup any mess that is made in the process. The second meal of the day is automated and I'm not around for it, so I probably set it too short to be on the safe side. Just a hunch. I'll increase how much water they get this evening and see how the coco feels to the touch tomorrow morning.

gr866

Veteran
LOL you messed that one up gr8! I think you mistook that poster for me.

Yep I did, you know that was meant for you, not Artisancrafted,
I appoligise to Artisancrafted. Must of been the bowl of Green Crack, LOL

Anyway no hard feeling there SOL

GR

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
What brand nutes? Any additives? You in Ro water? How many , what watt lights ?Co2? If your at 1.7 ec it's more likely to much of something causing issues... I wouldn't add anything

What brand nutes? Any additives? You in Ro water? How many , what watt lights ?Co2? If your at 1.7 ec it's more likely to much of something causing issues... I wouldn't add anything

Ro water
Canna Coco AB
GH Calimagic
AN Big Bud Coco
6 x 1000w HPS
Co2 set to 500 ppm

Well today was the 'add more' experiment res, which will be emptied by tomorrow morning. If they look worse, it'll be time to move over to the 'add much less' res lol.

You have lockout do to nutrient toxicity and/or salt build up. Flush flush flush and cut back your nutes

Thanks Hq. So does toxicity/salt build up start showing itself on the bottom of the plant and work it's way up? The only signs I'm seeing on the top of the plant are some very lightly yellowed leaf tips, as if they've been ever-so-slightly nute burned. But the damage on the bottom is much more ravenous, and has a different look. As shown in the images, it's sort of like a cripsing of the leaf from the outside in.