What's new

should you trim fan leaves on autos yay or nay

I'm in week 5 into my grow on my auto and I was wondering should I trim some of the bigger fan leaves so more light can get to them. Let me know what you guys think.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tuck them under. Any time you "disturb" an auto, it hampers development.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello aridbud :wave: do you think its better to not defoliate at all even with tall autos ?
Do it if you want.....
We don't. Having done so (many side by side comparisons)....it did slow down growth, slightly less yield.
Some or many will say there's no set back (we beg to differ)....so do what you want....there's many ways to grow autos.

Gizmo

thank you aridbud, if i may ask you a question about feeding auto, and it will be off topic sorry, how do we adapt a nutrients schedule to auto ? for example if im using canna nutrients and should i stop the veg nutrient and begin flower nutrient as soon i see first clusters of pistils ? approximatly 30 days from seeds depending of strains i supose, does auto eat less i mean should i use a lower EC ? thank you

Lsd-25

Attachments

• IMG_20170106_2008521_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20170106_2008521_rewind.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20170106_2008254_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20170106_2008254_rewind.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 39

Gizmo

thank you Alanchints, aridbud said it all, it will be sad to loose yield from this tiny cute girl

thank you aridbud, if i may ask you a question about feeding auto, and it will be off topic sorry, how do we adapt a nutrients schedule to auto ? for example if im using canna nutrients and should i stop the veg nutrient and begin flower nutrient as soon i see first clusters of pistils ? approximatly 30 days from seeds depending of strains i supose, does auto eat less i mean should i use a lower EC ? thank you

Most switch to bloom nutes once stretching has stopped. Some start earlier. 1.5 EC is the max I've used so far,

Latest posts

Latest posts