What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis is legal in Cali. how long before home growing is outlawed?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Californians have no protections at all under AUMA.
The Section 10 amendment… gives the State Legislature the right to change pretty much anything in the Adult Use of Marijuana Act except its purpose. And its purpose is to raise tax money.

This legislation will enable law makers to legalize cannabis first, then strip you of you right to grow and impose what ever restrictions they wish without a vote of the people. A special, and unusual, provision in AUMA provides that none of these cannabis taxes will go to benefit the General Fund, or to public schools or community colleges.

If legalized, piss tests for employment will remain the same!

The new legislation could potentially open a door for big corporations that are interested only in profit. It puts consumers and communities in danger and destroys the established unique environment of California marijuana market. Leticia Pepper claims that some corporations are already building a distribution infrastructure. Charlo Greene, an owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, supports the claim, saying that ‘any person who cares about social justice first, before business, should vote no for the Adult Use of Marijuana Act in California.’

At least when it is legal people will not be jailed for cannabis anymore. OOOPS!
The act would create new felonies and misdemeanors. Those caught in violation of the law could receive some serious jail time. After passing, a possession of excessive amounts of cannabis or growing marijuana could send you to jail up to three years.
Hey! WTF everybody said legalization will put an end to people going to prison for cannabis?

This is just a lie to get you to vote yes to legalization and then they will pull the rug out from under you!

Jeffrey Zinsmeister, executive vice president of Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM), a coalition of medical professionals, public policy experts.

Zinsmeister said The state should have gone for a medical or "science-based" approach rather than a corporate one.

"You know there's something real wrong with a marijuana legalization initiative if the guy who wrote the medical marijuana initiative in that state is against it," he said of the proposed law.

Dennis Peron, a coauthor of the proposition that granted California's current medical marijuana, does indeed oppose Prop 64. Like others, he said it undermines medical weed and isn't necessary.

Proceed with caution! I live in Oregon and when our legal cannabis bill was voted on and passed it had specific language in it stating the existing medical rules and numbers are not to be touched. Guess what, the state senate voted and changed medical laws anyway. Med growers were now only allowed to have 4 patients and you had to be grandfathered in. Once you loose a patient for whatever reason you are not allowed to get a new one to take their place. This way its just a matter of time before everyone is only allowed to grow for themselves. Co-ops that were growing for hundreds of people are gone. Like all states they want their cut and medical doesn't pay them like rec does. The rec industry is going along since if there are less med patients getting meds for free that means those patients have to go to their store to buy meds now. I have been a medical grower for 6 people for 9 years and even though i can't grow the same number of plants i still take care of all my patients but I know of many growers that can't afford to anymore. This really opened my eyes to just how little power the people have compared to our government. If the people can write up a bill, get signatures, put it on the ballet with spicific wording that states medical WILL NOT BE TOUCHED, passes by a large majority but then the state sentate can decide on their own via a vote of thier own to do exactly what the bill said they couldn't is something that can and will happen in any other state. Once a precedent has been set and the results benefited the ones who wanted the change you can bet it will happen everywhere. And this happened in Oregon which is about as liberal as you can get yet. Just imagine what would happen in other states. I can see them not allowing the people to grow anything and giving the licenses to tobacco growers /rant

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
you guys must know right, bummbaldini, yesmama you have a vested interest here and lawyers looking into setting up a business model, you guys have investors and a fund right, looking at properties and looking to actually do this here marijuana thing in CALIFORNIA,

oh no, i though so, now go set up reform in your own countries

Man, you have gone loco...if I had money to invest in this industry, I'd invest it all here in Israel, out of pure Zionist love my friend, no way I'd invest it in the U.S.

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a broke wage-slave and own no properties. So whoever told you otherwise is playing you for a fool.

I was approached about a year ago by people with some money that wanted to invest in Cannabis, and I connected them to people in Israel and Colombia via the forums. But they found somewhere in CO to invest though. So I'm sure that rumor spread through pm here and got twisted to the point that you posted that shit. I never saw $1 from that either.

But you can believe what you want. My interest in auma is purely ideological.

If I had $$$ interests in CA thanks to auma, why would I need to hide it? Think about it, and stop believing in rumors.

bluntmassa

Zionist? That pretty much sums it all up... Ignore this Clown

What's wrong with a Zionist? Ain't that just another word for atheist Jew? It's not like he is a Rothschild. Now if he was involved in killing Palestinians and taking their land that would be another story. But we are talking about freeing the herb the same herb ancient Jews smoked while writing the Old Testament of the Bible.

I don't believe in any religion personally but evil men do exist they are the ones who care more about their own personal gain than the oppressed people of the world which is everyone in the cannabis industry with money as the main factory. I hope the price of weed drops to $1 a gram or less personally and I want it available to everyone regardless of who they know and without needing a doctor's permission.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Shalom blunt!

Just wanted to make a clarification on the meaning of Zionism: it basically means the belief that the Land of Israel is the rightful home of the Nation of Israel aka Jews (word origin of Jew since dwelled in Judea for example). So a Zionist is someone who believes that, regardless of creed btw.
You can be a Jewish Zionist, or a Christian Armenian Zionists or atheist Zionist. Heck, I've even met Muslim Zionists, as in the Koran itself it says that Land of Israel is the rightful home of the Nation of Israel.

I don't think its physically possible. Would have to march the national guard through every neighborhood in every city across this huge state. Then march them through the forest. If they started in the south and moved north, by the time they got to Humboldt, Oakland would have already replanted a new crop :)

It has only got less illegal, they replaced felonies with fines. Think of all the different LEO's that attempted and failed to eradicate cannabis in California over the last 4 decades.

If they do increase pressure, people will just go back to hiding it better. Its actually pretty amazing, just the difference in the last decade or two how much it went from being completely hidden to completely out in the open. In the 90's, even early 00's, people were sneaky, clever and careful. Now its instagram, text message menus, gardens on the side of main highways.

Some things may change a bit, but the will of the California grower will never die :)

Mr^^

Hear, hear! :tiphat:

Muleskinner

Veteran
So let me get this straight...before the election, it was illegal to grow cannabis. Now it's legal to grow cannabis, but because there's a chance the legislature could attack the law, Prop. 64 sucked.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Man, you have gone loco...if I had money to invest in this industry, I'd invest it all here in Israel, out of pure Zionist love my friend, no way I'd invest it in the U.S.

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a broke wage-slave and own no properties. So whoever told you otherwise is playing you for a fool.

I was approached about a year ago by people with some money that wanted to invest in Cannabis, and I connected them to people in Israel and Colombia via the forums. But they found somewhere in CO to invest though. So I'm sure that rumor spread through pm here and got twisted to the point that you posted that shit. I never saw $1 from that either.

But you can believe what you want. My interest in auma is purely ideological.

If I had $$$ interests in CA thanks to auma, why would I need to hide it? Think about it, and stop believing in rumors.

So why do you care what goes on here? I kind of get the others in the U.S. states just wanting herb what they think is legal, but you are in Israel.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I am not sure I would admit to voting for that Trump guy. I was looking at a guy getting an ass beating on TV for voting for him. It is getting kind of crazy in the country now, like the Sandinistas and Contras.

I personally think that the guy is a closet smoker. We just have to coax him out of the closet and tell him it is all going to be okay. He is already way different than any of the other professional politicians I have seen in your country in that he is a free thinker. Why would being smoking free thinker be bad? A bong in every living room and a 1k grow op in every garage. And his opponent was dangerous. I bet she would have made gay marriage required and forced us all to use the opposite bathroom for our born gender.

All this silliness aside, weed is supposed to be fun. I think it may have been more fun under a taboo veil, but it is still kind of fun

You guys need to check yourself and stay on topic. Waaaaay to much political blather that is not concerning THC or the herb that makes it. I've seen threads slammed shut before. So please for the sake of discussion of prop 64. Lets keep this focused.

Gry

I do not see what someone's faith or heritage has to do with cannabis.
Guess I would like to point out that Israel is and has been a leading center of and for cannabis research.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I do not see what someone's faith or heritage has to do with cannabis.

Yeah....me neither, so can you guys knock it off and make a matzo ball stew and sing 'Kumbaya' whilst sharing a bowl with each other?

...STAY ON-TOPIC...

mowood3479

Veteran
My guess... They'll allow 6 plants for a few years until the corporations need further market growth and let their politician lackeys know that it's time to amend the law.
So my guess 2-3 years.

bigAl25

Veteran
Man, I live in the fucked up, not ever medical part of the country and you all are bitching about California's vote. I understand some of you grow a whole lot of cannabis and make your living doing so, but what the hell? Compared to us here you do live in ganja heaven. if we were able to grow 6 plants legally in our own home without fear of arrest, we'd be in ganja heaven with Bob Marley playing on my pool deck every summer. Be thankful god dammit, you may not go to jail for ganja, we don't have that benefit. I've not given the Mexican cartel a dime in the last 10 years, and I've taken care of myself and son. I'm proud of that fact, but still at risk. Wish we lived in Colorado or California, but many of us don't and we are jealous of your cannabis successes.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Well said..

Well said..

Man, I live in the fucked up, not ever medical part of the country and you all are bitching about California's vote. I understand some of you grow a whole lot of cannabis and make your living doing so, but what the hell? Compared to us here you do live in ganja heaven. if we were able to grow 6 plants legally in our own home without fear of arrest, we'd be in ganja heaven with Bob Marley playing on my pool deck every summer. Be thankful god dammit, you may not go to jail for ganja, we don't have that benefit. I've not given the Mexican cartel a dime in the last 10 years, and I've taken care of myself and son. I'm proud of that fact, but still at risk. Wish we lived in Colorado or California, but many of us don't and we are jealous of your cannabis successes.

All fellow Californians should be thankful for what they have. With any legal business you will need to pay taxes and get the required licenses.

When I started out as an accountant some 40 years ago my new business owners would be bragging about all the money they were making until tax time. They would have to pay Social Security, City Taxes, Fanchise Tax board and Federal income tax. It was a surprise to almost all of then. They would bitch and bitch every year until they got used to paying to play.

If you want to sell, you will need to deal with all of these issues.

If you are not selling, not much to worry about :woohoo:

Pay your Taxes :party: Good Luck

Wendull C.

Veteran

I have an idea, move.

FrankieR35

The government is going to do it however they can get the most money from it. But I would imagine, like anything else you could grow yourself, not everyone is willing to put the effort into growing it and would prefer to just buy it. Taking away the ability to grow is not going to bring them that much more.

Latest posts

Latest posts