What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody ever dealt with pot worms? They are a huge nut sack. I'm going to attempt a soil drench with neem in a couple days when they dry out....
We're getting bombarded with lady bugs right now, definitely in the 1000s.
The lady bugs are a sign that winter is near. I used to deal with em getting in my house every year when I lived in the Ozarks.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...feels like fall today...so summer will be starting in like 3 more weeks:D more rain forecast for today,been a fairly wet year with almost no super crazy thunderstorms,at least here at the house,not a single hailstorm all summer...
garden chores today,should be an easy day,but i'm sure i can find something that needs to be done...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
went up today...
IMG_20221006_141733542_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221006_142729073.jpg
IMG_20221006_140049411.jpg
IMG_20221006_142233134_HDR.jpg

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hey fellas, It's pretty rainy this late in the season for my comfort.
Thanks for the thoughts guys, I did initially think they were fungus gnat larvae, but those have black heads, don't clump together, and eventually grow up to be fungus gnats. I have a few rove beetles cruising around, but I haven't seen a fungus gnat in a while, thank God. It's definitely the ones Hammer was talking about. I must have gotten them in my worm bin, and mixed up a batch of soil with it. I added a rounded 1/2t of powdered egg shell to the tops of 8 of the 5x5 pots (to raise pH) and let the rest dry out over night. I'm going to hit them all today, as well as my worm bin with the egg shell. Fingers crossed! Thanks!
The lady bugs were in full force yesterday, with some complaints of bites. I don't think I've ever been bitten by one, and didn't think they did!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...chilly and wet this morning,not sure what's up for the day yet,probably some kind of bike ride and more chores...just have to see what the weather does...started 3 big plants on plain water last night,so harvest and trimming soon...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed::badday:rainy mornin campers...oddly wet fall so far,more rain today too,and a good bit last night...better than still running the $#@%& swamp coolers like last year...as usual errands to run and then garden chores...should have cuttings rooted today,pretty much the only extra chore for the day...need to go buy medium today,probably be lazy and get 2-3 bales delivered...good thing i have a rain jacket that works now,it was quite the downpour yesterday,gonna need to clean the el con up real quick and get more lube on the chain before i go do errands...

Akss

I was wondering what that green stuff was over by the hose nozzle...starting to think you got us all fooled.. thinking you actually live in the rain forest with all this rain you get...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's been a decent monsoon,unusual for it to still be raining this late...heck,you should see the front yard,it's pretty lush for a bunch of desert plants,too bad bloom season is pretty much over,but it's a wall of greenery now