What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California: Marysville bans the ability for people to grow their own cannabis

shaggyballs

Veteran

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
glad I don't live there...and I shure wouldn't pay 100,000 for a cop....yeehaw....I will always grow and fight for my right to do so if needed...I have a feeling those 2 dispensaries withing city limits will be real expensive...so they are still infringing on your rights as far as I am concerned....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The state will be taking over much of the control and regulation of medicinal growing and dispensing. But communities are still able to decide at what levels the activities are allowed in their borders. At least, that's the current take on the situation.

And this has only to do with medical-use marijuana. Who knows what communities will face in the coming year or two with the possibility of legalization of recreational use of marijuana?

Marysville bans the ability for people to personally grow their own marijuana, as it makes it possible to have regulated dispensing of marijuana.

Politics thick as thieves in the area.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marysville controllers may have something to gain from the ban.
A list of consumers maybe?
All the cash business in the city?

Shows how much they care about the citizens that support their stupid asses.
Greedy controllers fuckin it up for everybody!

djslife

Such bullshit, but it's been slowly moving this direction for a long time.

If you were in the med-scene in Silicon Valley over the last seven years it was clear that this is about lining the pockets of those that have connections to the city.

It's so sad because the people who've been fighting for even having a place to open a collective, having a bank account for a collective, or just being able to be an open cannabis user and productive parts of our society are being over-run by people at the top. If there are ten permits, guess who's getting one of those ten? The people with the best connections to city officials.

I saw it first hand in SJ with Sam Liccardo while visiting a few close friends in the area. I watched at more than one city council meeting as he bad-mouthed one of the highest quality collectives in the area. I then watched as many of the collective's "competitors" got up and did the exact same thing. I was completely shocked because I expected it from him, but not from the other collectives.

These collective owners that couldn't compete with the quality and price decided to demonize instead of unify and it screwed everything up. Now the SJ medical scene is there, but the quality is garbage compared to what you can get in other nearby cities.

Politics is important, but the lying is destroying us as a society and most don't want to or are too tired to acknowledge it.

How does it tie to this thread? Those collectives that now have a monopoly on that region are going to clean house.

\rant, sorry everyone this stuff gets me upset.

-djslife

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
NATIONAL CITY where I used to live,,, has outlawed any kind of cultivation too..whether inside or out ,commercial space or not..none zero zip......I bet theres even more places in cali too....yeehaw..well fuck em I will always grow ...san diego is rather lax luckily...when I had last police encounter once they seen my med rec and paperwork they didn't even want to count plants or look for more...I was way over the reccomended 24 allowed in guidelines as usual..24 ha ha that's a joke

CoCoSativas

NATIONAL CITY where I used to live,,, has outlawed any kind of cultivation too..whether inside or out ,commercial space or not..none zero zip......I bet theres even more places in cali too....yeehaw..well fuck em I will always grow ...san diego is rather lax luckily...when I had last police encounter once they seen my med rec and paperwork they didn't even want to count plants or look for more...I was way over the reccomended 24 allowed in guidelines as usual..24 ha ha that's a joke

I got 23 in a square meter (4x4) which is my new style I'm trying rather than big plants many small ones.

They should regulate it by square footage (or meters) because no matter what the size of the footprint matters more than the number of plants

djslife

That sucks, Stoned-trout. I'm lucky in the sense that it isn't outlawed where I'm at, but it still makes me just as mad that it's happening to others. In the long-run it will all pass and balance itself, but until then the fight goes on.

-djslife

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65091&pictureid=1547020&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

I got 23 in a square meter (4x4) which is my new style I'm trying rather than big plants many small ones.

They should re gulate it by square footage (or meters) because no matter what the size of the footprint matters more than the number of plants
they also regulate square footage is 8x8 =64 sf indoors ....ha ha just in one 4x4 tent I do 72...plus other stuff and greenhouse and eventually another spot too again....limits are for pussies...yeehaw..many small ones that finish fast give me more than longer veg when all is tallied up for the year ......but I also do small bushes

CoCoSativas

they also regulate square footage is 8x8 =64 sf indoors[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56595&pictureid=1465119&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] ....ha ha just in one 4x4 tent I do 72...plus other stuff and greenhouse and eventually another spot too again....limits are for pussies...yeehaw..many small ones that finish fast give me more than longer veg when all is tallied up for the year ......but I also do small bushes

Limits period are for pussies there's no limit if you pilot your mind to it. Plant limit ha! Come count my root balls!

Crafty bastard. Yeehaw is right go mista fishy! Kick ass stoned-trout cool setup

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Breaking news - cannabis production isn't an established economic backbone for most of the other communities in the country.

Political shutdown of the homegrowers in the northstate, last 5 years county by county. Now it's city by city. Pretty clear that this is part of the plan to pave the way for big biz to come in & farm hard once the rec vote happens. Who could compete with $25 outdoor ounces? Maybe an established farm that has genetics & been at it at the same location running 99 for years? Not after all the land use citations. CA outdoor growers are a threat to big business & they are using the board(s) of supervisors & town managers to set up the dominoes.

jump /injack

Veteran
Medical Cannabis was passed by the People of California in a referendum vote, how are the politicians going to do this, the medical aspects of cannabis was taken out of politicians hands for this very reason.

sdd420

Veteran
3 weeks left...

Governor Brown signed extension. Most were banning because of lack of time to set up the tracking and regulations required by the new law. I'm gonna keep it running here and hope for the November elections to pass legalization

EastCoast710

glad I don't live there...and I shure wouldn't pay 100,000 for a cop....yeehaw....I will always grow and fight for my right to do so if needed...I have a feeling those 2 dispensaries withing city limits will be real expensive...so they are still infringing on your rights as far as I am concerned....

if everyone says fuck that. boycott and grow their own anyways.. what are they going to really fucking do arrest all of you? jury of your PEERS in fucking cALI of all places will not convict

I

IndicaIsland

The big difference in legalizing vs regulation is the small grower always loses with regulation.

Vapedoutdude

I never understood how they can adopt less than the sb 420 limits!?this law specifically states nothing under 6 flowering or 12 veg. Plants can be adopted by any county in Cali did they just say fuck it 215 and 420 don't matter

Latest posts

Latest posts